PDA

View Full Version : Family in desperate need, please help

cbryan70
08-21-2007, 11:08 PM
As I have spent more and more time on this board i can not get over how generous everyone is to people in need. One of my friends informed me of a family that is in desperate need of help and i told her i may beable to help. She wrote up an email that is disclosed below. It would be greatly appreciated for anyone willing to donate. Currently she is accepting checks sent to her house as the family in need does not have anywhere to go. Thank you for your support. Any amount will be helpful and greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone,

I'm writing this email in hopes to help a family that needs a roof over their head.

I coach high school basketball and last year one of my players told me he was living an hour away because the apartment next to him had a fire and spilled over into to theirs. They lost a lot of things and were forced out of the apartment with no where to go. They have since been sleeping anywhere someone will give them a floor.

The family consists of a Mother and four boys, ages 13,14,15, and 16. The mother works very hard for very little and cannot seem to come up with the money for a security deposit and first month's rent. We have found a place for them to rent, but she can't seem to save the amount of money it will take to secure it. Most of her money goes in her gas tank just to get the boys where they need to go.

The most recent place they were sleeping was extremely unsafe to say the least. I'm more worried about the boys than anything. These boys could have gotten involved in plenty of bad things, but instead stick together, play sports at school, work on their grades, and stay out of trouble. These boys deserve a chance and a place to call home!

My family and I have made many efforts to keep them going the last week or two with food and the necessary supplies, but we need help! What they really need is some money to get them in a place. The mom is working on getting a third shift job to supplement her day job, but it's not that easy. The boys start school again on Wednesday and have football practice after school, but at night they are bouncing from church to church just for a place to sleep, if there is room, otherwise they sleep in their car.

I'm looking for any donations that anyone would like to offer to help this family have a new beginning. I'm not kidding when I say a dollar would go a long way. Anything would help! I'm not selling anything, I just want to give them a roof over their heads, so they can move forward and get back on track. My thought is that a group effort will go a lot further and much quicker!

I just feel like i'm running out of ways to help them. This is a wonderful family that is in desperate need of help. Again, if you would like to help with any sort of donation to this family, just send it to my home and I will get it to them asap. I promise this is going to a GREAT cause!!

Mail to:
If you need mailing info please pm me as i do not want to post the address via internet. Thank you for your support,
Bryan

Hoosier Bob
08-21-2007, 11:27 PM
Hey wildman how about you PM'ing the info to me.

Thanks,

HB;)

cbryan70
08-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Sent thanks for the support!

Mag_Red
08-22-2007, 12:16 AM
send me a PM.......I have been more than blessed the last couple of years........what do they need for the deposit??

88 PS190
08-22-2007, 12:18 AM
are landlords down there not partially responsible for providing this service to their renters?

I know when we had the tornado come through campus the landlord was required to make arrangements because they had a lease agreement.

cbryan70
08-22-2007, 12:25 AM
i am not positive, i will find out tomorrow but we are near chicago about 40 min out so im thinking a good amount. ANY amount would be awesome. PM SENT

cbryan70
08-22-2007, 12:28 AM
Im not positive, there lease may be up now as it happend a while back and the family has not been able to get back on there feet! Keep the donations coming!

88 PS190
08-22-2007, 12:29 AM
what town is this in?

cbryan70
08-22-2007, 12:30 AM
elgin area

cbryan70
08-22-2007, 12:32 AM
just got more info they are also in need of two twin beds due to the fire. so any donations will help considerably. Keep them coming and thank you for helping out in the situation

cbryan70
08-22-2007, 12:34 AM
The info i just recieved also is that the deposite is 2 months rent which is right around 1800

tbd01
08-22-2007, 08:14 AM
cbryan could you pm the mailing info please, love to help:)

6ballsisall
08-22-2007, 08:43 AM
CB, could you PM the info please? I'll have $$ in the mail today.

Maristar210
08-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Please also PM me the info and I'll mail a check out today.

Steve

Jim@BAWS
08-22-2007, 09:11 AM
cbryan,

I will be looking for that PM for the address. My family has been on the recieving end these past 7 weeks. It would make us feel really good to give something back to a family that is doing its best to keep the kids involved and on the straight and narrow. Look foward to donating

Thanks

Jim@BAWS

sunsational
08-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Please PM the info. Teenage boys have so many things continuously attacking them. Great to hear they are sticking together and facing adversity head on.

cbryan70
08-22-2007, 07:34 PM
All pm's sent thank you so much for your support. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you i just got off of work! Please keep the donations coming!

BriEOD
08-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Send us a PM we would like to help.

Thx,
Brian

cbryan70
08-22-2007, 08:18 PM
PM sent thanks to everyone that has donated so far please keep them coming! ill send a pm to whoever requests it! Keep it up!

SkiDog
08-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Please send me a PM also! I'd like to send some clothes if that will help!

cbryan70
08-22-2007, 08:53 PM
I havnt heard anything about clothes all that i have heard about as of now are that they need beds and money. A bed may be hard to ship :-/ i will get some info on the clothes for you skidog! Thanks! keep um coming

SkiDog
08-22-2007, 09:01 PM
I havnt heard anything about clothes all that i have heard about as of now are that they need beds and money. A bed may be hard to ship :-/ i will get some info on the clothes for you skidog! Thanks! keep um coming

I really wanna help, however, the building business hasn't been tooo good lately, if you catch my drift. But tell me where I can help, and I'll do all I can!

cbryan70
08-22-2007, 09:15 PM
pm is sent. So far i have sent PM's out to
skidog
briEOD
sunsational
jrandol
tbd01
Mag_Red
Jim Baws
maristar210 and last but NOT least
Hoosier Bob
Anyone else that wants the address or if i have forgotten anyone please pm me and keep them coming!

cbryan70
08-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Just wanted to say thanks again to anyone who has or is sending to the family in need. Please keep the donations coming!

Maristar210
08-22-2007, 10:34 PM
I have the address. I will send a check tomorrow.

Lets try and bombard her with support.

You can't take it with you guys, after all..:D

Dutch
08-22-2007, 10:41 PM
CBRyan PM me with an address and I will put a check in the mail, A person can't read that and not help in some way. I'm a newbie or so my designation, dont know many of the other members but want to help out. Your a good guy for helping these folks.

cbryan70
08-22-2007, 10:50 PM
PM sent. You can now send money via paypal as well as I know many of you have paypal accounts I figured this would make it a bit easier. Please continue with the donations! The email address for the paypal account is GGav244@yahoo.com (GGav244@yahoo.com). Just please let me know if you donate so I am able to keep a list!! Thanks for all the support and keep the donations coming!

cbryan70
08-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Just got some more info on the family. The few possesions that they have may be auctioned off if they can not pay the bills!! Please help

cbryan70
08-23-2007, 01:10 AM
Bump ok im off to bed please keep the donations coming

Scot
08-23-2007, 01:25 PM
I just sent a small donation..... It would be nice to know what the goal is and how much is required to get her over the hump..... :)

cbryan70
08-23-2007, 10:45 PM
There really isnt a goal its just a small group of friends trying to get them back on track and into an apt. Sorry i have not been online all day i finally just got power back after about 3 inches of rain and bad storms. Please keep the donations coming if you have some extra to spare. Any amounts are welcome

SkiDog
08-24-2007, 09:46 AM
There really isnt a goal its just a small group of friends trying to get them back on track and into an apt. Sorry i have not been online all day i finally just got power back after about 3 inches of rain and bad storms. Please keep the donations coming if you have some extra to spare. Any amounts are welcome

My package is headed to FedEx right now! I hope it helps! Cbryan, you're doing a good thing Pal!

PaulW
08-24-2007, 09:59 AM
Send me a Pm, as well I will get a check in the mail.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention cbryan70 and standing up for a worthy cause.
Paul

SkiDog
08-28-2007, 08:39 PM
bump, bump!!!!!!!

cbryan70
08-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the bump! sorry i have not been on here my new job is sucking away my life! 70 hours a week really isnt cutting it! only one more month and it will be a normal job. Please keep these donations coming. PM me with the address and i will keep you guys posted on the family. Thank you to everyone that has donated so far please keep things coming! and thanks for the bump skidog!

sunsational
08-28-2007, 09:49 PM
C'mon guys. Keep it up. cbryan - how are they doing?

cbryan70
08-28-2007, 09:50 PM
no updates yet. Still havnt received any of the donations that were mailed. Damn snail mail! I will keep you all updated as soon as i get news. Keep them coming!

Scot
04-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Any updates?

Chief
04-22-2008, 06:07 PM
Sounds like everything is well since no updates since Aug.