PDA

View Full Version : Pq2...you OK?

bigmac
08-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Big storm down your way...post when you can and let us know how you made out...

sand2snow22
08-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Yes, let us know you and the MC are OK. Communication lines may be down.....

pq2
08-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Hello Amigos, Dean pass south of Cancun so no damage to us. We just had big rain and some big gusts of wind.

Btw, the MC is perfect waiting for a calm day :)

M-Funf
08-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Hello Amigos, Dean pass south of Cancun so no damage to us. We just had big rain and some big gusts of wind.

Great to hear that all is well for you in Cancun! Dean was really packin' a punch...........

Workin' 4 Toys
08-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Big storm down your way...post when you can and let us know how you made out...
From the news they are showing here, Minn. is doing much worse than Mexico.
How are things by you??
They just showed pics of some lake front houses being washed into/or nearly into some lakes. Not sure where exactly.:confused:

east tx skier
08-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Last report from my step father is that apart from a some mild wind damage, they dodged the bullet on the northwestern side of the Yucatan as well. Amazingly, phone service held up through the afternoon. That tends to be problematic on a normal day, too.

Glad you all faired well, PQ2.

pq2
08-22-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks to all, I had power (electricity) and phone service all the time. Also Cancun learned a lot from Wilma. Our hotels still at 70% of occupation and by now the people are in the beach enjoying the sun.

This is just the beginning of the hurricane season; I just hope we don’t have anything big for the rest of the year.

bigmac
08-22-2007, 03:46 PM
Yeh, I heard that many tourists decided to ride it out in Cancun rather than evacuate. I'm glad that Cancun didn't have to take another economic blow from this hurricane.

WFT: We had a couple of days of 60 degree temps, winds and a little rain. Annoying because it cut down on water activities, but nothing like what happened south of the Twin Cities.

Jesus_Freak
08-22-2007, 08:50 PM

Excellent, glad you are well.