PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for X-10?

kandell
08-21-2007, 01:54 PM
I just purchased a 2002 X-10, but it didn't come with a trailer. I looking to purchase a trailer for it and would prefer to get something used to save money. I am clueless about boat trailers and have no idea what fits the x-10 or what to stay away from except to get something that will hold at least 3,000 lbs. I will be keeping the boat at the dock most of the year so won't be trailering it that much. Can anyone give me any suggestions?
Thanks

yippikaiyay
08-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Had a similar situation with my PS 205.
There are some used MC trailers around, but I still found them really expensive. And not sure how many you'd find for an X-10 - or what other MC model trailers would be compatible.
I did find a used Sea Lion trailer that was setup for an inboard, (it has higher bunks for the fin clearance) this turned out to be the best option, since just like you, we don't trailer alot.

rspiecha
08-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Have you checked the Marketplace??? There was one a while back listed there.

Rob

rspiecha
08-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Have you checked the Marketplace??? There was one a while back listed there.

Rob

88 PS190
08-21-2007, 10:44 PM
Personally I would prefer your situation as alot of the factory ones have things I dislike or quality issues imo.

We have a few local trailer shops, that will make an awesome aluminum trailer, that's where I would be looking, of course I trailer 4 miles twice a year. and that's separated by several months. So not worth it to have the convenience.

kandell
08-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the feedback all. The local dealer ended up having a "new" 2003 X-10 trailer with the color that even matched my boat. Single axle with disk brakes. It been used by the dealer and had been sitting in the sun for years. They are going to clean it up for me and replace the bunks, guide posts, and rubber step pads.. Got it for 1/2 of list price. Figured that was my best bet as I knew it would definitely fit the boat and I get a 1yr warranty. And it was cheaper than all the quotes I got for a new non-MC trailer.