PDA

View Full Version : MC's on your lake

tones03
08-21-2007, 10:05 AM
For the people that live on a lake have a cottage or go to the same lake regularly, how many boats are MC's? Clear Lake, where I am at is a smaller lake, with a public access and about 75% cottages compared to homes. We have 12 MC's and 2 that regularly trailer in. Mostly PS190/197 and a couple 209's. Next most popular is Bu, with 5 couple wakebaord additions and rest the ski ones (dont know their line-up). Inboards make up about 40% of the boats on our lake, the rest are I/Os, mostly four winns, crap liners and rinkers.

This just got me curious, what is it like every where else.

Prostar in Michigain
08-21-2007, 10:38 AM
well on our lake which is known as magicain lake in south western mich is about 90% cottages. And everyone owns a pontoon then id say 85% own a pontoon jet ski and a speedboat. then id say 80% of those speedboats are mastercrafts. we got them all prostars X1 X2 X9 Xstar everything even the reniouns and some TTs but all together id say there are to many to count

ProTour X9
08-21-2007, 10:43 AM
95% cottages; 15 MC's; 2-205's, 1-X9, 12-190's; one 1979 S&S;

Have I mentioned I love 190's?

etakk7
08-21-2007, 11:01 AM
we have about 350 properties on our lake in Northern WI, 80% cottages. There are 3 other Mastercrafts on our lake, 2 Malibu's, and one Gekko. Everything else is jetskis, outboards, and I/O's

6ballsisall
08-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Where I lived in Indiana there were around 800 homes (about 150 were actually lake front) (private lake-had to live there to put a boat on it) and there were 5 MC's including mine...... besides mine, a Red X7, a 07' Yellow X2, 2 Tri-Stars (one closed, one open)
There were at least 25 Malibu's and a whole bunch of "other brands" of Comp boats.
Owning a MC on that lake was difficult as they had a 20' length restriction that scared off a lot of peeps from buying MC's (only 2 choices under or at 20' for an open bow)

It probably didn't help that the Bu' dealership in Cincy highly dominated the MC dealership in the area...... I hear HOPEFULLY that will be changing. :rolleyes:

Down here on Lake Lanier I wouldn't even want to guess. I see quite a few MC's (especially newer big wakeboats) and a lot of Bu's. I am sure the number is in the thousands.

tones03
08-21-2007, 11:10 AM
There are prolly around 50 boats on our lake that arent pontoons. I cant believe how many boats some of these lakes have.

peason
08-21-2007, 11:14 AM
2 Small lakes connected in the Twin Cities, approx.75-100 homes have lake front access - 3 MC on the lake, 2 Nautiques, 1- Malibu. Trailered regularly - 1 MC, 1 Nautique, 2 Malibu and 1 Challenger. Most of the boats on the lake are pontoons, IO's and fishing boats. Quite a few jet skis also. Lakes have limited wake hours from noon-sunset- never get to enjoy an early morning run, but most evenings during the week are very good.

88 PS190
08-21-2007, 11:47 AM
We're on Elk Lake, which is near Traverse City, MI.

There are actually quite a few MC's when you look for them.

At the south tip there is an older stars and stripes, its owned by a family who used to run a Gymnastics camp known as Palastria that was torn down years ago.

At the north end in a bay I see another stars and stripes, which has an odd burnt pumpkin orange color scheme. Neat boat, never seen another like that one. A few bigger MC's lots of wake boats, probably about 15 or so but who knows how many of those trailer in.

There's also white birch lodge http://www.whitebirchlodge.org/watersports-waterskiing.htm

They have owned MC boats for years and years, and there is this Kiwi green stars and stripes that was the lodge's first boat, ran into the owner of that at a gas pump, he still runs it on Elk.

Percentage wise MC's don't make up a large % of the total boats, but are perhaps one of the largest single brands, I am of course probably not seeing what brand alot of the I/O's and pontoons are.

Our lake is rather on the large end for ski boats, there are alot of days that I have to cross the lake going 10 miles per hour (2 miles to cross 7 miles long) because the waves are so large that you just get pounded of you come up on plane.

See a fair number of nautiques, malibus but not nearly as many as MC's... MC owns michigan.

G-man
08-21-2007, 11:52 AM
59 lots, 30 have boats, all inboards but 1 inboard, only 3 MC's, newest one is about a 97

jraben8
08-21-2007, 11:56 AM
G,

I never really understood that about those lakes... The lack of MC's that is...

ProTour X9
08-21-2007, 12:58 PM
I never really understood that about those lakes... The lack of MC's ...

Dealer?????????????

erkoehler
08-21-2007, 01:30 PM
St. Germain, Wi is where our cabin is located on a small 100 acre private lake. There are 0 MasterCrafts and 2 Malibu's. Probably 30 homes have boats.

6ballsisall
08-21-2007, 01:31 PM
St. Germain, Wi is where our cabin is located on a small 100 acre private lake. There are 0 MasterCrafts and 2 Malibu's. Probably 30 homes have boats.

Sounds like someone has some selling to do!! :D

erkoehler
08-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Not my territory.

6ballsisall
08-21-2007, 01:34 PM
Not my territory.

Likely excuse.........:rolleyes:

Just kiddin Erk:D Still up for some figure 8 runs??

Mag_Red
08-21-2007, 01:34 PM
Not my territory.answer your phone Erk!:D

Slinkyredfoot
08-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Have a lake house in Norhern Indiana, who knows how many houses are on this lake but there a a bunch. I would say there are more Mastercrafts than any other model when it comes to skiing and wakeboarding rides. Believe it or not there are still several old SS that have been on this lake their entire life.

I have often thought about taking pics of all of the MC's and posting them because there are some real nice onces.

jbfootin
08-21-2007, 01:45 PM
My parents cottage is in Townsend WI. 50 cottages. Most have speed boats but only 3 inboards. 2 of which are MC.

sberry3827
08-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Wiggins Lake in Central Michigan area. My family has a cottage there and I am 1 of 3 MC's on the lake. My S&S, a tri star and a newer prostar. We are the elite ones. There are 5 bu's, 1 supr, 1 ski cent. Lost of pontoons and i/o and public access for all the johnnies to join in.

Chicago190
08-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Smaller, essentially private lake in Northern Wisconsin because no one trailers a boat there to use it regularly only the people on the lake. Only one other inboard and its a Maristar used primarily for tubing. Everything else is an I/O, Outboard, Fishing Boat, or Pontoon.

JohnE
08-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Smaller lake in MA with all full time residents: 4 MC's - my 197, an '06 197, my old '88 tristar, and an '89 prostar. About the same number of Bu's. About a dozen SN's for some reason.

Jerseydave
08-21-2007, 03:39 PM
In our group of friends on the river, we have (1) Tige, (1) Super Air Nautique, (1) Moomba, (1) X-1, (1) Prostar 205 and my X-star. We also sometimes see a 2002 (?) X-star, a BU, another yellow Moomba and another Air Nautique (orange).

Here's a pic of my buddy's X-1

Jerseydave
08-21-2007, 03:40 PM
A shot of my X-star (on a different body of water)

SkiDog
08-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Lake? What lake? We ain't got no stinkin lakes round these parts! All rivers baby!:(

mccobmd
08-21-2007, 07:01 PM
I go to two lakes in Oklahoma, Lake Arbuckle which has 1 (mine) regularly occasionally 2, at Beavers Bend reservoir there is mine and an X15. But then again there's only one dealer in the state.

ProTour X9
08-21-2007, 07:13 PM
All beautiful boats njskier!!! (I like the black one better though)

Maristar210
08-21-2007, 07:48 PM
At least 20 where I boat here. All homes no cottages. No one is that rich for christs sake..

A couple of former pros too. Hard to talk to, pretty modest guys...

Fun to watch deep backs is all I can say, see it in person and the level of respect rises, substantially... :cool:

2RLAKE
08-21-2007, 09:53 PM
my buddy lives on Paw Paw lake in MI and the mojority of the skiboats are MC's ... including three of the thirty-five 35th anniversary boats. I'm on Norris in TN and we have an even mix of MCs and Malibus ... The Cincinnati Malibu dealer has put over 200 of them on the lake ...

Our moto is simple ... cleaning up the lake one Malibu at a time!

CVandEVD
08-21-2007, 10:03 PM
All but 4 "Towboats" are MC's. Theres 4 190's(1 being the "Alan Jackson Edition", 1 197, a 205V, an X14, 2 Ski Centurions (one being ours) a Moomba, and a Supra

bigmac
08-21-2007, 10:15 PM
There are a lot of lakes around here - hundreds of ski-able lakes within about 20 miles of here. Our lake is mostly residential, most homes between $500K - $1 million. Not many cottages, and the lake association has successfully fought at least a few town home/condominium projects. The majority of the boats are pontoons and deck boats, followed by I/O runabouts and several outboard fishing boats. There are only 4 MasterCrafts that live here - two 230VRS, a 210 and an X10. There is a lime green Malibu that appears every now and then pulling tubes and an occasional MasterCraft on weekends brought up by Dan at Midwest MasterCraft.

dmayer84
08-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Lately I cant even keep track of all the MC's on the lake. In the past year the dealer has been selling them like crazy and they are all over the place now. More MC's then any other brand, and its very noticable.

SoCalBrew
08-22-2007, 02:56 PM
At Castaic in CA, trailer in only, there are reguarly about 6-7 MC's on the lake at any given time... but the number of MC owners that use Castiac is getting pretty high since the new dealer move in close by (champion)... I'd say 3-4 dozen - or more. Curious if someone else has a take on the MC's at Castic.?

Tourney Team 197
08-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Horseshoe Lake (near Crosslake, MN)
Nice medium sized lake. I would say 75% cottages with a growing number of year-round residents. Quite a variety in boats since it is a great recreational and fishing lake. Unfortunately, a growing number of jet-skis. Pontoons are also very abundant. Here is the ski boat profile:
(8) MC's: (1) '04 PS197 *my boat*, (1) '94 PS190, (1) '98 Sportstar, (2) '98 210VRS, (1) '07 X-15, (2) '01 210VRS
(1) Wakesetter
(1) Supra
(1) Air Natique

bigmac
08-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Horseshoe Lake (near Crosslake, MN)
Nice medium sized lake. I would say 75% cottages with a growing number of year-round residents. Quite a variety in boats since it is a great recreational and fishing lake. Unfortunately, a growing number of jet-skis. Pontoons are also very abundant. Here is the ski boat profile:
(8) MC's: (1) '04 PS197 *my boat*, (1) '94 PS190, (1) '98 Sportstar, (2) '98 210VRS, (1) '07 X-15, (2) '01 210VRS
(1) Wakesetter
(1) Supra
(1) Air Natique

The large number of lakes in the area leads to a lower density of MasterCrafts-per-lake than in many areas of the country, even though the MasterCraft dealer here is only about 5 miles from you. That's still a good showing for MasterCraft on your lake since there's also a Malibu dealer and a Supra/Moomba dealer only 10 miles from you in the other direction.

ttu
08-22-2007, 04:43 PM
I go to two lakes in Oklahoma, Lake Arbuckle which has 1 (mine) regularly occasionally 2, at Beavers Bend reservoir there is mine and an X15. But then again there's only one dealer in the state.

there are 2 dealers. davids in oklahoma city and dick lanes at grand lake. the grand lake dealer has been in business for a few years.

on the lake we go to there have been a bunch of mc's this year, along with a couple cc and a supra and moomba. other than that a bunch of the damm waverunners:mad:

Tourney Team 197
08-22-2007, 04:56 PM
The large number of lakes in the area leads to a lower density of MasterCrafts-per-lake than in many areas of the country, even though the MasterCraft dealer here is only about 5 miles from you. That's still a good showing for MasterCraft on your lake since there's also a Malibu dealer and a Supra/Moomba dealer only 10 miles from you in the other direction.

I must say that we have great MasterCraft representation on Horseshoe! Is it ironic that the Supra and Wakesetter owners happen to be the only trouble-makers on the lake? Going out after dark, creating monsterous wakes in the no wake-zones, and MOST IMPORTANTLY...tearing up the water for all of the MC skiers!

jss101
08-22-2007, 06:00 PM
I've got a cottage on a lake in western Massachusetts. It's all residential, except for 1 marina and a kids camp. I couldn't give an exact count, but there's quite a few MC's. There's some really nice old ones; the "stars and stripes" variety. I've got a 205V. Mostly you see Prostars, and a few Maristars. It's a big waterskiier/rider/footer lake so there's lots of others too. There's some Gekko's, Nautiques, Moombas, Centurions, and Malibu's. Actually Malibu's might be in the most number in ski/wakeboard boats, probably because there's a dealer not too far away in Connecticut. Of course we've got our share of I/O's and pontoon boats too.

Not to mention the occaisionaly rediculous "scarab" or huge-a-matic cabin cruiser that is absolutely silly on our little lake. Hey, but I guess some people just don't know how to spend all of their money. Oh, yeah, and lots of idiots on jet skis. I hope I don't offend anyone - I'm sure jet skis are fun and can be used responsibly. We seem to get more than our share of idiots on them though! They zoom out to the calmest spots (perfect ski water) and chop it up doing doughnuts until they fall off. Fun for the whole family! :rolleyes:

Eagle
08-22-2007, 07:03 PM
I live on Lake Washington (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Washington) in Seattle . It's quite a large lake (21,000 acres) and I have no idea how many MC's there are. What I can say is that by far the most popular boat kept on the lake is Cobalt. It seems like every other house on the lake has a Cobalt at their dock. Seattle Boat, the Cobalt dealer, has done an amazing job.

Among inboards, I see Malibu the most, then Nautiques, and next MC. Also a smattering of Supra, MB, Moomba, and Calabria. On nearby Lake Sammamish, Malibus are by far the most popular over Nautiques and MC. The Malibu dealer is right near Lake Sammamish. Meanwhile, the MC dealer in Seattle has had a poor reputation, though that's being fixed. I know a number of people who all things considered wanted an MC but wouldn't buy from the local dealer because of their rep.

Lennyp04
08-23-2007, 07:14 AM
Lately I cant even keep track of all the MC's on the lake. In the past year the dealer has been selling them like crazy and they are all over the place now. More MC's then any other brand, and its very noticable.

I agree with dmayer. Back in 05 there were maybe 1 or 2 MC's on lake wallenpaupack. There were not even a lot of boats with towers. Then Sterling Marina started selling MCs like crazy. If i had to say a number i would say theres probobly 10-15 MasterCrafts on Lake wallenpuapack. Maybe a few more maybe a few less.

kjohnson
08-23-2007, 09:01 AM
I live on Lake Murray in SC. It has 600 miles of shoreline and 6,000 homes. I very seldom see any skiboats other than mine. When I do see one, it usually is a MC. I have seen a few Nautiques.

swatguy
08-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Biggest lake i IL

No Mc's but mine. 4 Moomba's 2 VLX's 2 that are there regularly. It's fun being king :) MUHAHAHAAH :) Can also be a bummer at times as well. There are a ton of I/o's with towers, but we are usually the only ones with the boards out of the racks.

At our second location IL River in Morris just a small section of it...

6 MC's (7) if you include mine (4) Bu's (3) Nautiques (4) Supra's That are there when we are usually

ProTour X9
08-23-2007, 10:25 PM
(1 being the "Alan Jackson Edition")

Ahhh, you guys may remember him as jjsosnowski (http://tmcowners.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=1364)

onlyinboards
08-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Spoon Lake in IL
660 acres, hundreds of houses it seems, all lakefront is built on.

3-4 ProStars
3 X9s
1 X2 New Design
1 Older Maristar

1 Supra Sunsport
1 Tige
1 Sessions
4 Malibu DD VLX/Sunkickers
1 Malibu Echelon
1 Malibu Sunsetter LSV
1 Malibu VLX vDrive

2 SV211's
1 early 80s SN in great shape
2 Sport Nautiques
2 Ski Nautiques
1 SAN

I've really been paying attention if you didn't notice :) But 3 years ago, there were a total of about 5 inboards on the lake including mine. It's mainly I/O's, Pontoons and fishing boats but it's changing.

Hate to say this, but the X9's are out all the time and i never see 'em doing anything but tubing from the tower :(

ridehype4life
08-24-2007, 03:21 PM
We're up on a really big lake in northern MI, and I could never count the total number of MC's or inboards, but down at our end of the lake we have our X1, a stars and stripes, Prostar 197, X9, X Star, a couple Prostar 205V's, and a Maristar 210. On the narrower south arm that branches off the lake there are a ton more MC's, including an X80, X45's, X2's and X10's. There's a couple Wakesetters, a new Supra down the way from us, but I definately think Mastercraft is dominant.

tones03
08-24-2007, 03:30 PM
what lake in MI??

betsy&david Harrison
08-24-2007, 03:39 PM
out of the 10 boats on our lake there are 5 MC's (3 S&S's all the blue), one red and another the teal/pink scheme.

jenglin
08-24-2007, 05:56 PM
I am the only one on the mighty Shell Rock River. My cousin was the other but ended up selling it to leave me be the sole survivor.

ridehype4life
08-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Tones we're on Lake Charlevoix and ride out of Boyne City.

atlfootr
08-24-2007, 06:46 PM
For the people that live on a lake have a cottage or go to the same lake regularly, how many boats are MC's?5 that I know of for sure, 2 BF 200's mine and another - the rest are 205's.
I'll have to count up the rest of the different kinds later on.

TX.X-30 fan
08-24-2007, 07:04 PM
5 that I know of for sure, 2 BF 200's mine and another - the rest are 205's.
I'll have to count up the rest of the different kinds later on.

I heard 5 new X-Stars that wakesurf are moving in. :confused: :D :D