PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Barefoot Boom for my 86 MC

Tom Wortham
08-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Anyone out there looking to let go of their Barefoot Boom? OR Have recommendations were to look. Overtons, Bart's, etc.
Thanks, Tom in Texas.

east tx skier
08-20-2007, 03:58 PM
Try bcampbe7. I think he was selling one.

bcampbe7
08-20-2007, 04:05 PM
Yep... I have a contoured boom for sale.

It is a MasterCraft boom made by Casad. Worked great on my 1996 PS190.

I can post pics this evening if you are interested.

barefoot
08-20-2007, 06:57 PM
...or you might try ebay. Craigslist might work too.

kyfooter
08-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Check the parts/accessories page. There is a guy in Cincinnati selling one. Behman (what Scarpa sells) makes the best booms, no question. Single cable and light weight. I bought mine when I had an '86 MC Skier, and it fits my 2003 197 now, so you should be fine. Worst case you may need to adjust the cable, which may take all of 15 minutes.

bcampbe7
08-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Does anyone know if Tom's boat requires a straight or curved boom?
The boom I have for sale is curved, and I am not sure if it will work on the '86 S&S.

TMCNo1
08-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Does anyone know if Tom's boat requires a straight or curved boom?
The boom I have for sale is curved, and I am not sure if it will work on the '86 S&S.

IIRC the older '70's and pre '87 boats have a low gunnel and short windshiels side wing and will take the straight boom, where the newer boats have a higher gunnel and the long side windshield wings go back to or near the perpendicular line of the pylon, requiring a offset. Don't take my word for it, contact Scarpa @1-863-299-7094 or a boom manufacturer to confirm.

chudson
08-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Just throwin it out there for you...............

http://www.barefootcentral.com/

Mag_Red
08-21-2007, 10:49 AM
I have a curved one I'll let go cheap. Not sure of the manufacturer but it worked well for me plus you can use a section of it as an extended pylon. PM me if interested and I'll get you some pics. I also fly into Dallas every other month, perhaps I can somehow bring it down with me.

Jim@BAWS
08-21-2007, 10:55 AM
1990 on back you can run a straight boom. 91 and foward a contoured boom is suggested. Scarpa's boom is a good boom. Made by Rob Behmann. The problem is a single cable. Bigger guys over 200 lbs put ALOT of flex on that boom. Rob does make a very durable product.

Mike Siepel makes a bigger heavier boom with double cables...less flex.
Either is a great boom. A contoured boom will work on an older boat 1990 and older. The boom will go farther down the pylon and it will work just fine. Sometimes they go far enough down the pylon so you
can still use an extended pylon.

Here is a photo of a 'AS NEW" BFI boom contoured ready to go
$250 + shipping New is $499

Thanks

Jim

Kevin 89MC
08-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Tom, I use an ECI boom on my boat, and I love it. It can be set up for either straight or backset, it works in the straight mode on my boat. I believe your hull is similar to mine, so as Jim pointed out a straight boom should work for you. I highly recommend the ECI. I feel it is a much easier boom to install and adjust than the BI booms. They are good, too, I just think the ECI is better. I can leave it on and put my skylon on the pylon as well.
Good luck,
Kevin

Tom Wortham
08-21-2007, 04:12 PM
As always... Thank you for the great responses from all of you. Jim has educated me... Good to know that a straight boom or curved boom will work. Sounds like the curved one is the way to go for my "next newer MC".

barefoot
08-21-2007, 04:25 PM

Now that's a screaming deal!

Tom Wortham
08-22-2007, 04:25 PM
SOLD, Thanks Jim!
1990 on back you can run a straight boom. 91 and foward a contoured boom is suggested. Scarpa's boom is a good boom. Made by Rob Behmann. The problem is a single cable. Bigger guys over 200 lbs put ALOT of flex on that boom. Rob does make a very durable product.

Mike Siepel makes a bigger heavier boom with double cables...less flex.
Either is a great boom. A contoured boom will work on an older boat 1990 and older. The boom will go farther down the pylon and it will work just fine. Sometimes they go far enough down the pylon so you
can still use an extended pylon.

Thanks

Jim