PDA

View Full Version : Teak sits low

Doug G
08-20-2007, 03:45 PM
This is my boat with no ballast, normal gear, tied up in smooth water. I have not seen another that sits this low to the water. Needless to say it is a PIA since it is in a slip all the time. I plan on building it up a bit over the winter when I pull it. Anyone else have this or any thoughts?

P.S. Don't look Harold, I didn't use the good oil

TMCNo1
08-20-2007, 03:57 PM
There were some models or a model that did like yours and a different platform bracket could be used that brought it up out of the water, not submerged. Hopefully someone will come along and enlighten you as to how to cure it. BTW, any kind of teak oil probably would not stand up being underwater.

Doug G
08-20-2007, 04:06 PM
They teak actually has a bunch of white spots from being under water. Another stripping is in order this winter. I am not going to move the brackets through the hull, just not that brave. But I am thinking I will add some spacers between the bracket and the deck to raise it.

Harvey
08-20-2007, 04:11 PM
The spacers are a good idea but with the boat in the water I would wonder about any water in the bilge. Could the boat be taking on water while sitting? Could it be holding just enough water in the bilge to drop the platform and not trigger the float? Just a thought.

beatle78
08-20-2007, 04:15 PM
I had the same problem on the 2001 205V. I ordered the brackets for the X-1 (same boat only '07) and they were ~4-5" taller. Platform is now above water :)

I would
1. measure the height of your current bracket
2. post it on here to see if the height matches other X-30 owners.
3. Call you dealer and see if he has an X-30 that he can measure the brackets for you.
4.If your brackets are the same height as the other boat owners then find out if theirs sits at the waterline like yours.

If everything seems the same, the only thing I can think of is the hull brackets might have been installed lower than intended or I would bet MC may have used a shorter bracket on your boat by mistake.

Good luck, let us know what you find out.

~beatle78

Doug G
08-20-2007, 04:23 PM
The spacers are a good idea but with the boat in the water I would wonder about any water in the bilge. Could the boat be taking on water while sitting? Could it be holding just enough water in the bilge to drop the platform and not trigger the float? Just a thought.

Nope dry as a bone unless the packing needs to be greased.

endl
08-20-2007, 04:40 PM
What motor do you have? Any chance your ballast guages may be off and your holding water in the rear tanks? I am sure you have checked....

My boat sat that way when my lift tank had a hole in it and the boat was slighty suspensed on the front but the back was down in the water.... It will be interesting to see the measurement differences on other X-30's.

Doug G
08-20-2007, 05:02 PM
The gauges read empty and the pumps stop moving water so I assume they are emptying out but I haven't eyeballed it to confirm.

endl
08-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Just a thought. Maybe when you get the other X-30 measurements that will solve the issue...What year is yours?

Doug G
08-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Just a thought. Maybe when you get the other X-30 measurements that will solve the issue...What year is yours?

It's an 06

SkiDog
08-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Hey Doug,
My old X-30 did NOT sit that low in the water. And after a factory tour, I would dismiss the idea that the bracket holes were drilled in the wrong spot. Go see a dealer and ask them to check your brackets. Chances are that they put the WRONG size brackets on your boat. Just a thought. Dog