PDA

View Full Version : Newbie frm TampaBay area

wade95
08-19-2007, 10:33 AM
Hello everyone. Found the site when I was looking for Mastercraft wallpaper for the computer. Been reading alot of threads for past couple days and decided to join.
Although I don't have a Mastercraft I grew up skiing behind one (85 red and white w/stars model) What started out as just hydrosliding led to a little bit of slalom (never really good at), barefooting by boom then long line, and finally the adrenaline high of jumping!! Made me really appreciate what the pro's do when I thought I was king cheese jumping 60-80 while learning! Haaa.
My group of friends would still be skiing except for the fact that the "deed restricted skiing lake" became an eyesore for the people that put houses around it. Pretty weird when you have your own private lake for skiing and just cause a few neighbors think the ramp is unsightly they make ya take it out!
I'm located in Tarpon Springs, FL (just north of Clearwater Beach) and the lake we used to ski in was Lake Breckinridge on Keystone road.

east tx skier
08-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Welcome to the circus!

Maristar210
08-19-2007, 11:36 AM
From the former ringleader that is....

Welcome

east tx skier
08-19-2007, 11:37 AM
I was just the guy who cleaned up after the monkeys.

wade95
08-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Thnx. I will scan some pics of the "old days" and show my terrible skills. Haa.

André
08-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Welcome!
You're a deputy sheriff? You gotta meet BriEOD!!!:)

wade95
08-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Yupp, Pinellas County Sheriff's Office.

I hate to say it, but this site makes me wanna start skiing again! No salt water though. Im only 3/4 of a mile away from the gulf, but refuse to ski in salt water if at all possible.

trickskier
08-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Welcome............Post often, don't be a stranger...............:D

wade95
08-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Will try. guess I'll have to live vicariously through you guys cause I have no boat right now. Thnx for the warm welcom.

**Enjoyed the funny picture and swimsuit thread**

MarkP
08-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Welcome aboard!
You know you are more than welcome to contribute to those favorite threads and others as you see fit.
Also, I guess we’ll have to find you a boat to buy soon.

TMCNo1
08-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Welcome Team Talk!
Have you been read your rights?????????????????
You have the right to remain silent, anything you say in posts, will be used against you on Team Talk, yada, yada, yada.........................:uglyhamme

I'll give ya a $1 if you let me shoot yer gun!:rolleyes:

wade95
08-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Welcome aboard!
You know you are more than welcome to contribute to those favorite threads and others as you see fit.
Also, I guess we’ll have to find you a boat to buy soon.

That's how I ended up here. I was just cruising around boat shopping and looking for Mastercraft wallpaper for the 'puter. Thanx mang.

TMCNO1:Haaaaaaaaaa, now that's funny! Little different than what my Miranda card says, but close. A dollar to shoot my Glock 21? Ammo is a little more expensive these days. Make it $1.10 and you are on. Hold on, just found two boxes of "throw down", I mean, practice ammo. Got any gators that need to die of "lead poisoning?"

MarkP
08-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Be careful wade, don’t get sucked in to this TT thing.. A lot of guys around here think that they can quit any time they want.. BTW, I am the only one that can..

TMCNo1
08-19-2007, 04:40 PM
That's how I ended up here. I was just cruising around boat shopping and looking for Mastercraft wallpaper for the 'puter. Thanx mang.

TMCNO1:Haaaaaaaaaa, now that's funny! Little different than what my Miranda card says, but close. A dollar to shoot my Glock 21? Ammo is a little more expensive these days. Make it $1.10 and you are on. Hold on, just found two boxes of "throw down", I mean, practice ammo. Got any gators that need to die of "lead poisoning?"

Don't worry, your gonna fit in just fine! Thanks for the laugh!:uglyhamme

BriEOD
08-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Hey Wade,

Welcome to the board. We are neighbors. I am just east of you in Lutz. I take my boat out to Lake Tarpon now and again. There are a lot of skiers and MC owners on here from the Tampa area. Additionally, we have a great dealer located in Land O Lakes. I am sure he could outfit you with a "red and white" 2008 MC.

SkiDog
08-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Got any gators that need to die of "lead poisoning?"

Yea, we gots one gator on here that we need taken care of!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

Just kiddin Tricky!

BTW, welcome to the jungle! We got fun & games!:D :D

Jim@BAWS
08-19-2007, 09:21 PM
TMC #1 would probably tell you to steer clear of your LOCAL dealer in Land O Lakes. He (being the dealer in Land O Lakes) has met and skied with a few on the site. Usually is not a very hospitable guy. Hates the water. Can't even figure out why the guy is a dealer. Talk to BriEOD about him, SKIDOG or TRICKSKIER.

But just in case you are interested his name in Jim @ Bay Area WaterSports

I think the # at that dealership is (813) 996 2297

Jim@BAWS
08-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Bump Bump Bump

SkiDog
08-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Bump Bump Bump
Bump,Bump!:D :D

trickskier
08-19-2007, 09:41 PM

Yea, we gots one gator on here that we need taken care of!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

Just kiddin Tricky!

BTW, welcome to the jungle! We got fun & games!:D :D
E-Z there Dog...................I'm a PARTY GATOR!!!

wade95
08-19-2007, 10:03 PM
Hey Wade,

Welcome to the board. We are neighbors. I am just east of you in Lutz. I take my boat out to Lake Tarpon now and again. There are a lot of skiers and MC owners on here from the Tampa area. Additionally, we have a great dealer located in Land O Lakes. I am sure he could outfit you with a "red and white" 2008 MC.

Bro, hit me up next time you are gonna be in Lake Amoeba, I mean Lake Tarpon. Heck, I'll pay for a full tank of gas and bring beer just to ski behind a Mastercraft again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wade 727-234-7008

BTW: Saw the waterski museum or something on I-4. What is that place?

Prostar in Michigain
08-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Hey dude welcome.

Looks like you need to find a boat. Look in the land o lakes website they got tons of nice used MCs

bcampbe7
08-19-2007, 11:29 PM
I think there is a boat for sale in Texas. For the life of me I can't remember the guys name... It is a red and white and maybe blue ProStar 205. I think it is a 1993 or something... It's a nice lookin' boat from the very few pictures I have seen. :D

If you are looking for a ProStar 190 I think I know where you can find a nice one. ;)

chudson
08-20-2007, 08:07 AM

OK I like this guy, from time to time there are "how to get ride of a varmit in the boat question" and though it's not suggested to shot'em in the boat once they get out it's open season so you may be called on every once and a while for suggestions on how to do so. Welcome to the MasterCraft mothership and be ready to take the safety off!!!

sunsational
08-20-2007, 08:48 AM
Welcome. This site is incredibly helpful and fun! Enjoy.

wade95
08-20-2007, 10:14 AM
OK I like this guy, from time to time there are "how to get ride of a varmit in the boat question" and though it's not suggested to shot'em in the boat once they get out it's open season so you may be called on every once and a while for suggestions on how to do so. Welcome to the MasterCraft mothership and be ready to take the safety off!!!

Thnx much. Oh, no safety on the Glock per-se. Only safety is the dead air between my ears working in conjunction w/my left index finger;) :D ;)