PDA

View Full Version : courtesy lights

Joe08
08-18-2007, 09:07 PM
I have a 2004 X2 and the courtesy lights are not working. The lights in the engine bay and under the radio come on with the switch in the second position. Are the lights in the boat supposed to come on in the first position. I checked all fuses and can not find anything wrong. Anyone got any suggestions.

vogelm1
08-19-2007, 09:38 AM
There should be some lights that come on under the gunnels when the switch is in the first position. I had troubles with the connectors on mine...IIRC there were some "bullet" type/male-female connectors that would pull apart easily if they were accidentally tugged on - such as putting away skis, etc. I cut the connectors completely out and used a solder joint with some shrink wrap. If you can get your hands on a simple 12V test light that will help you track down where in the system you're losing the juice to the lights.

Joe08
08-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the info.

Joe08
08-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Found that problem. Finally checked both the lights (which I should have done first) and found that the first light in the circuit was burnt out. That was causing the second light to fail. Replaced light and all is good.