PDA

View Full Version : Ronix Boots

SDAhockey21
08-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Anyone ride ronix boots? I am considering a pair of 2007 Ones since the price of 2007 gear is coming down. How does the heat molded liner work, Do you have to go to the shop to have it heated or can you do it in an oven??

erkoehler
08-17-2007, 03:53 PM
I have the Cell bindings and they are nice.

No Skeez
08-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Don't put them in the oven! The boot liner manufacturer provides all the dealers with a boot heater that is set to a specific temperature. The dealers are also provided with a molding kit including toe caps and stockings to allow for the best fit possible. Once the boots are molded, you should get at least two seasons out of the molding process, at which time you can take them in and have them re molded. I have been riding a pair of ones all summer and they are without question the most comfortable boots I've ever worn! Hope you enjoy them!

SDAhockey21
08-17-2007, 03:58 PM
So if I order online I am basically out of luck since the nearest dealers is 100+ away......

No Skeez
08-17-2007, 04:23 PM
They are still super comfortable without molding, but to get the true benefit they should be molded... Sounds like you are a hockey player? It would be like getting a new pair of Graf G3 Ultras for $500 and not molding them... You will still see a benefit, but not what you could get. My advice is to take them with you if you travel for work or for any reason, and see if you can find someplace to mold them. Hope that helps!

SDAhockey21
08-17-2007, 05:43 PM
Ya there no dougbt i would be able to get them molded up but it woudln't be right away.