PDA

View Full Version : The Official Crocs thread and poll!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-17-2007, 10:17 AM
OK, peeps been PM'ing me left and right for this, so here it is. The official Crocs poll. It has come to my attention that Crocs are a controversial topic here. some like them, some dont. so lets put a vote to the people! NO NO NO!!!! Not Crocodiles! The shoes!!! Crocs SHOES!!! I dont care what you think of Crocodiles, other than the fact that they are the only thing........oh never mind......

Let your voice be heard. UMP will show you the way!

http://www.rmconnection.com/images/AllBeechCrocs.jpg

What is your opinion of Crocs footwear?

Maristar210
08-17-2007, 10:22 AM
As of now your on suspicion of being a H OMO

TheOneandOnly
08-17-2007, 10:23 AM

Id agree lol, for the girls dude!!!

08-17-2007, 10:24 AM
VOTE! you know you have a yellow pair! :cool: :D 8p

TX.X-30 fan
08-17-2007, 10:27 AM
Where is Ric????? We need help here!!!!!

Maristar210
08-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Lets be clear, shall we?

I don't own a pair.
No one in my household owns a pair.
I you wear them you automatically appear gey, at least to me..
I would bet that those who own them most likely have a pierced ear as well 8p 8p 8p

OhioProstar
08-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Its a bad day when I have to agree with Steve, but.....Crocs are just plain F-Ugly footwear.

http://www.ihatecrocs.com/

bcampbe7
08-17-2007, 10:39 AM
I have to say that I agree with UMP on this one.

I have a pair of black Crocs. I have had them for a few years. They are probably the most comfortable pair of shoes I own.

I AIN'T NO HO MO (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Tourney Team 197
08-17-2007, 10:40 AM
I agree, they are quite ugly. I do have a confession to make though, they are great for footin! For any of you that haven't tried this, it's a great way to extend your run by about 150%!

Sodar
08-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Friend of mine brought 3 boxes of these things out to the lakehouse. My mom set up a shoe rack by the back door for all the guests to use them to walk down to the water or across the gravel to the garage behind the house.... after 2 summers, not one pair of shoes over size 6 have moved! The only crocs that have been taken are for little kids and women!

Crocs are GEY!!

08-17-2007, 10:45 AM
I have to say that I agree with UMP on this one.

I have a pair of black Crocs. I have had them for a few years. They are probably the most comfortable pair of shoes I own.

I AIN'T NO HO MO (not that there's anything wrong with that).
I suggest they wear some crocs for a while and then tell me what you think, right Beau?

Amazing comfort. and you dont have to get bright colored ones. I have dark blue Crocs. Ms. UMP has bright pink ones. I dont wear them because I think they are "cool" or because they are a fashion fad, I wear them in the summer because they are comfortable. you can walk right in the water with them and not have to worry about ruining them like you do with leather sandals. when they get dirty, just scrub them up with soap and hose them off.

betsy&david Harrison
08-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Lets be clear, shall we?

I don't own a pair.
No one in my household owns a pair.
I you wear them you automatically appear gey, at least to me..
I would bet that those who own them most likely have a pierced ear as well 8p 8p 8p

I don't own any but...hey Steve...they do have a pair of YELLOW ones!!

tex
08-17-2007, 11:05 AM
I got two pairs. One regular and one flip flop. I heardly wear the regulars but love the flip flops. I'm sexy and very hetro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shepherd
08-17-2007, 11:22 AM

ProTour X9
08-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Why is there no "Crocs are Gay" option?

08-17-2007, 11:32 AM
Why is there no "Crocs are Gay" option?
Because I make they rules, and you play by them. NO, I am not a moderator, but I am the ruler of the TMC polls. :D

ProTour X9
08-17-2007, 11:35 AM
I make the rules I am the ruler .

:worthy: :worthy: YES MASTER:worthy: :worthy:

bcampbe7
08-17-2007, 11:49 AM
I suggest they wear some crocs for a while and then tell me what you think, right Beau?

Amazing comfort. and you dont have to get bright colored ones. I have dark blue Crocs. Ms. UMP has bright pink ones. I dont wear them because I think they are "cool" or because they are a fashion fad, I wear them in the summer because they are comfortable. you can walk right in the water with them and not have to worry about ruining them like you do with leather sandals. when they get dirty, just scrub them up with soap and hose them off.

I think we have a lot of closet Croc wearers!

08-17-2007, 11:49 AM
YES MASTER
Thank you. go about your business. 8p ;)

08-17-2007, 11:50 AM
They arent MAN enough to speak out Beau. insecure sissy's I tell ya. :noface:

tex
08-17-2007, 11:59 AM
I got two pairs. One regular and one flip flop. I heardly wear the regulars but love the flip flops. I'm sexy and very hetro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I stepped up!!!!!!! But I've been in the hospital so much in the past year that I think I work there!

Monte
08-17-2007, 12:00 PM
My wife used to wear crocs................

08-17-2007, 12:10 PM
My wife used to wear crocs................
Your wife likes Leather pants too Monte. :cool:

Monte
08-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Your wife likes Leather pants too Monte. :cool:

Yeah... I never said she didn't have mental issues;) 8p :D

08-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Yeah... I never said she didn't have mental issues;) 8p :D
no, no, she is just telling you that she wants some spice in her life.

Boom Chicka boump bowwww, boom biirrrrrrr. :cool:

Monte
08-17-2007, 12:22 PM
no, no, she is just telling you that she wants some spice in her life.

Boom Chicka boump bowwww, boom biirrrrrrr. :cool:

Hey man! I put hot sauce on everything I eat... She won't even TRY my chili..

I have to disagree....;) 8p :D

TMCNo1
08-17-2007, 01:21 PM
I understand Crocs won't scratch teak, if no one wears them.

My wife just wanted a brown pair to use as part of our Reunion Boat Judging display to put on the platform and I said, (((NO)))! But, she could buy a pair of Lighted Flashing Gator Skin Flip-Flops to wear in the van while we travel, and she couldn't wear them in public, not even at Wendy's!:rolleyes: :D

Monte
08-17-2007, 01:51 PM
I understand Crocs won't scratch teak, if no one wears them.

My wife just wanted a brown pair to use as part of our Reunion Boat Judging display to put on the platform and I said, (((NO)))! But, she could buy a pair of Lighted Flashing Gator Skin Flip-Flops to wear in the van while we travel, and she couldn't wear them in public, not even at Wendy's!:rolleyes: :D

What about Wal-Mart?:confused:

TMCNo1
08-17-2007, 01:54 PM
What about Wal-Mart?:confused:

She would have the classiest shoes that anybody there would be wearing!:rolleyes:

"No tops, No Crocs, No Problemino, Seniorino!:D

Monte
08-17-2007, 01:55 PM
Tru dat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMCNo1
08-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Tru dat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beats those flip-flops made from dumptruck tires!

Leroy
08-17-2007, 02:48 PM
I don't see your vote UMP, afraid to vote?

Leroy
08-17-2007, 02:49 PM
Do I really have to vote, I think my presence says it....:rolleyes:

08-17-2007, 03:09 PM
I don't see your vote UMP, afraid to vote?
I voted for Tricky's option

now go vote you big scardy cat!!!!:D

Leroy
09-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Anyone that bought the stock earlier I won't say a word!

Maristar210
09-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Now here's a thread that should be locked :rolleyes:

Roonie's
09-05-2007, 01:11 PM
My 4 year old and 3 year old wear them as they are the only shoe they can get and put on themselves. I love them for that!! I don't have to tie their laces or put foot inside shoe. They love the colors too as they can get their favorite color. I don't own any nor plan too but for the kids it is awesome!!Don't be a hater.... there's enough of that in the world.

TMCNo1
09-05-2007, 01:21 PM
If they had been named them "Gators" instead of "Crocs", trickskier would have them on his feet and hands!

trickskier
09-05-2007, 02:50 PM
If they had been named them "Gators" instead of "Crocs", trickskier would have them on his feet and hands!
I might just have a pair of these to wear to MMIII.................;)

TMCNo1
09-05-2007, 03:19 PM
I might just have a pair of these to wear to MMIII.................;)

Now you better expect those to get stolen too!

TX.X-30 fan
09-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Some for Maristar210

Talked with the head of mkt. he said be a couple weeks for the Appalachian State Crocs (sorry Steve:mad: )

Hrkdrivr
09-06-2007, 01:31 AM
My wife got some three summers ago and bugged me to try them. I refused because I thought they looked goofy and made people like they were doctor/nurse posers. Finally, she bought me a pair last summer 06(teak oil brown, thank you very much) and bugged me for weeks to try them. I refused until the end of the season and agreed to try them only on the boat when nobody was likely to see me.

Well I'll be danged if they're not the most comfortable, convenient boating shoe I've ever owned.

I guess I'm past the age where I give a rip what people think about me, so I wear them all over now...although my dad gives me unmerciful grief.

ggroller
09-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Croc flip flops can't be beat for durability and comfort.

I can't say I like the other style crocs, but the flip flops rule.

Maristar210
09-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Some for Maristar210

Talked with the head of mkt. he said be a couple weeks for the Appalachian State Crocs (sorry Steve:mad: )

Keep tapping your foot. I'll be right there.:D

Nice pix from the weekend BTW TX. Nice shot of the wife gettin some air.... saaawheat

and finally landing wake to wake facing the wake you left and landing backwards makes for a concussion, not that I would know....

TX.X-30 fan
09-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Keep tapping your foot. I'll be right there.:D

Nice pix from the weekend BTW TX. Nice shot of the wife gettin some air.... saaawheat

and finally landing wake to wake facing the wake you left and landing backwards makes for a concussion, not that I would know....

Same to you thanks for the pics. Wow your already working on wake to wake 360's very cool. :D OUCH

Maristar210
09-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Same to you thanks for the pics. Wow your already working on wake to wake 360's very cool. :D OUCH

Who said 360? I was trying to land wake to wake and pulled so hard I rotated in the air and landed backwards and yup, it hurt. :o

09-06-2007, 12:00 PM
I heard Ric has Crocs.

dapicatti
09-06-2007, 11:30 PM
after reading this thread.....I agree!

Hoosier Bob
09-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Those are pets UMP not shoes! F**! UMP I do agree those Crocs set your earings off!;) I heard Ric has Crocs.

Leroy
09-06-2007, 11:40 PM
I heard they are coming out with Croc bindings soon.

Enuf is enuf......

Hoosier Bob
09-06-2007, 11:43 PM
I voted for that guy? Wasn't he against UMP rights?:confused:

Doug G
09-06-2007, 11:45 PM
He may have been against UMP rights but he is an avvid supporter of UMP fashion. Black socks and all!

Leroy
09-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Black crox and black sox....looks like he is headed for the blue plate special at the local cafeteria......

I voted for that guy? Wasn't he against UMP rights?:confused:

88 PS190
09-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Things crocs are great for.

Trap shooting - in the rain
Archery - in the rain
Rifle shooting - in the rain

for the above these sports tend to keep going unless its storming, having light weight comfortable that doesn't hold water is very important Krocs and Keen sandles both work.

Biking, rock climbing.

Both have specialized footwear that does not walk around well. So you need something light that you can carry or clip to your harness and slip into to let your feet stretch out. Particularly when doing short intense climbs where I wear my 9.5 climbing shoes (i wear a size 11.5 in a street shoe) After a minute of climbing in those my feet are ready to be let loose.

Skiing - ever walk around in ski boots? What about the ride home at the end of the day, much nicer to have something for your feet to stretch out in.

Otherwise, yes they are kind of GEY... but not THAT Gey.

Bruce
09-07-2007, 02:16 PM
This whole thread is a CROC!!

09-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Looks to me like Dubya is a fashion mogul. He rocks.

mattsn
09-07-2007, 11:46 PM
OK, peeps been PM'ing me left and right for this, so here it is. The official Crocs poll. It has come to my attention that Crocs are a controversial topic here. some like them, some dont. so lets put a vote to the people! NO NO NO!!!! Not Crocodiles! The shoes!!! Crocs SHOES!!! I dont care what you think of Crocodiles, other than the fact that they are the only thing........oh never mind......

Let your voice be heard. UMP will show you the way!

http://www.rmconnection.com/images/AllBeechCrocs.jpg

What is your opinion of Crocs footwear?

Look for the ISLANDER model. Maked a great boat shoe, and very manly looking.

Hoosier Bob
09-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Here we go again? Maybe my clogs are equally manly? Clogs/Crocs? Ever make the connection? METRO'S!8p Look for the ISLANDER model. Maked a great boat shoe, and very manly looking.

09-08-2007, 01:36 AM
Here we go again? Maybe my clogs are equally manly? Clogs/Crocs? Ever make the connection? METRO'S!8p
Back Off HB! Metros get chicks!

Hrkdrivr
09-09-2007, 02:07 AM
Black crox and black sox....looks like he is headed for the blue plate special at the local cafeteria......

Is that the Presidential Seal on his sox? Betcha can't get those at Wally-Mart!!

JohnnyB
09-09-2007, 09:50 AM
I don't own a pair out of jealousy...ugly, simple design....if I had invented them, you could probably call me retired!!!

Hoosier Bob
09-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Yes they do! Chicks with ****'s!;) Back Off HB! Metros get chicks!

peason
09-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Got Crocs? Be Careful on the Escalator
By SARAH KARUSH, Associated Press Writer
1 hour ago

WASHINGTON - At rail stations and shopping malls around the world, reports are popping up of people, particularly young children, getting their toes caught in escalators. The one common theme seems to be the clunky soft-soled clogs known by the name of the most popular brand, Crocs.

One of the nation's largest subway systems _ the Washington Metro _ has even posted ads warning riders about wearing such shoes on its moving stairways. The ads feature a photo of a crocodile, though they don't mention Crocs by name.

Four-year-old Rory McDermott got a Croc-clad foot caught in an escalator last month at a mall in northern Virginia. His mother managed to yank him free, but the nail on his big toe was almost completely ripped off, causing heavy bleeding.

At first, Rory's mother had no idea what caused the boy's foot to get caught. It was only later, when someone at the hospital remarked on Rory's shoes, that she began to suspect the Crocs and did an Internet search.

"I came home and typed in 'Croc' and 'escalator,' and all these stories came up," said Jodi McDermott, of Vienna, Va. "If I had known, those would never have been worn."

According to reports appearing across the United States and as far away as Singapore and Japan, entrapments occur because of two of the biggest selling points of shoes like Crocs: their flexibility and grip. Some report the shoes get caught in the "teeth" at the bottom or top of the escalator, or in the crack between the steps and the side of the escalator.

The reports of serious injuries have all involved young children. Crocs are commonly worn by children as young as 2. The company introduced shoes in its smallest size, 4/5, this past spring.

Niwot, Colo.-based Crocs Inc. said it does not keep records of the reasons for customer-service calls. But the company said it is aware of "very few" problems relating to accidents involving the shoes, which are made of a soft, synthetic resin.

"Thankfully, escalator accidents like the one in Virginia are rare," the company said in a statement.

In Japan, the government warned consumers last week that it has received 39 reports of sandals _ mostly Crocs or similar products _ getting stuck in escalators from late August through early September. Most of the reports appear to have involved small children, some as young as two years old.

Kazuo Motoya of Japan's National Institute of Technology and Evaluation said children may have more escalator accidents in part because they "bounce around when they stand on escalators, instead of watching where they place their feet."

In Singapore, a 2-year-old girl wearing rubber clogs _ it's unclear what brand _ had her big toe completely ripped off in an escalator accident last year, according to local media reports.

And at the Atlanta airport, a 3-year-old boy wearing Crocs suffered a deep gash across the top of his toes in June. That was one of seven shoe entrapments at the airport since May 1, and all but two of them involved Crocs, said Roy Springer, operations manager for the company that runs the airport terminal.

One U.S. retailer that caters to children, Mattel subsidiary American Girl, has posted signs in three locations directing customers wearing Crocs or flip-flop sandals to use elevators instead of escalators.

During the past two years, so-called "shoe entrapments" in the Washington subway have gone from being relatively rare to happening four or five times a week in the summer, though none has caused serious injuries, said Dave Lacosse, who oversees the subway's 588 escalators, the most of any U.S. transit system.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said escalator accidents caused more than 10,000 injuries last year, but the agency has few records of specific shoe problems. Only two shoe entrapments have been reported by consumers since the beginning of 2006. One reported in May involved "rubber footwear."

Agency spokesman Ed Kang urged people who have had problems to report them on the commission's Web site.

Crocs officials said they were working with the Elevator Escalator Safety Foundation on public education initiatives. But the group's executive director, Barbara Allen, said that's not true.

Allen said a Crocs official called her in September 2006 about possible cooperation, even suggesting the company might put a tag in its shoes with the foundation's Web address. But since that first contact, Crocs has not called, and nobody from the company will return Allen's calls, she said.

Washington Metro's Lacosse and other escalator experts say the best way to prevent shoe entrapments is to face the direction the stairs are moving, keep feet away from the sides and step over the teeth at the end.

Lacosse, of the Washington subway system, said he is personally skittish of Crocs and other soft-soled shoes.

"Would I wear them? No," he said. "And I tell my children not to wear them either."

___

Associated Press Writer Carl Freire in Tokyo contributed to this report.

TX.X-30 fan
09-28-2008, 04:00 PM
http://ihatecrocsblog.blogspot.com/

I liked this post:

Crocs are just another example of society’s acceptance of the ridiculous.
With the public at large revering cartoon characters, bad behavior, and just
plain lowering the bar for expectations, is it a wonder that Crocs would be the
epitome of fashion?

So can we agree that men wearing these things are somehow desperately trying to assert their feminine side, possibly subconsioucly. The croc does scream out, I am a woman trapped in this dudes body. :D:D

TX.X-30 fan
09-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Hatred seems worldwide. :confused:

Greetings,

I'm an English teacher in South Korea. Generally speaking, I have a pleasant disposition with my students. Some of them I even like.

One day, I found myself filled with an odd, irrational disgust directed at a particular student, a kind and well-meaning girl named Suhjin. I'd always enjoyed her, she tries hard and participates, but I couldn't shake the feeling that, for some reason, I now despised her.

The feeling persisted. It wasn't an odor. Nor was it dehydration or a few nights of bad sleep. No matter how I felt, seeing her suddenly filled me with an intense revulsion.

A week or so of this, and suddenly I began to feel the same way about another student. And then one of our other teachers on staff. At this point, I saw the connection.

I'm not what you would call fashion conscious, and Korea is usually behind the times with everything Western, so I'd never heard of Crocs. All I knew was that I suddenly realized what was going on. It was the teacher, a short fellow named Henry. "What. The hell. Are those?" I asked, pointing to his feet.

He was wearing what I would later discover were called "Designer Crocs," dark-toned, slimmer at the heel, and padded with a faux-suede fur-lining. The rest of his outfit? Business slacks, dress shirt, and tie. "What are you wearing?" I asked. My disgust with him reached profound levels.

"They're Crocs!" he said proudly.

I physically recoiled. "My God," I thought. "He's lost his mind." When Suhjin came to class, I realized that she was sporting a neon orange pair. I suddenly saw them everywhere.

Let me be clear: I INSTINCTIVELY, and SUBCONSCIOUSLY hated these things before I was even aware they existed. I perceived them the way you might perceive, say, the sound of a humming refrigerator. Or the feel of your own tongue in your mouth. Something you know is there without realizing you know. I perceived them, and my body reacted with innate horror and hatred. I thought, for the longest time, that maybe something was wrong with me. Maybe I was just wired wrong. You know, how some people, for some reason, simply can't stand the taste of pizza or think prune juice is tastier than Pepsi.

And then, saints be praised, I found your website. Thank you for letting me know that there are others like me out there. The only thing that bums me out now is the knowledge that, since Seoul is usually a year or two behind the states with things like fashion and movies, long after you all enjoy the demise of the Crocs, I'll still have to put up with them.

Fight the good fight.

--Daniel

Thanks, Daniel!

tex
11-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Go Gators!

Doug G
11-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Go Penn State!

Sodar
11-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Beau, how are your crocs doing? For Christmas, I am going to get you a pair a Rainbow sandals... they are the shizzy.

http://dobsongiftsgreer.com/Websites/dobsons/Images/rainbow%20sandal.jpg

Doug G
11-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Those look cumfy.

Sodar
11-05-2008, 11:25 PM
I have all three colors and a set of rubber ones for the boat... they are the best!

Doug G
11-06-2008, 12:09 AM
They get slippery when wet?

cbryan70
11-06-2008, 12:11 AM
most women do yes

Gonzo
11-06-2008, 12:12 AM
3 of my proudest manchievements.

1. I am a devoted husband and father
2. I have never seen titanic
3. I will never own a pair of Crocs for my feet.

Sodar
11-06-2008, 12:12 AM
They get slippery when wet?

The leather do. Rubber do not.

cbryan70
11-06-2008, 12:14 AM
The leather do. Rubber do not.
Do you have allergies or somthing?

Sodar
11-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Do you have allergies or somthing?

Yes. Latex, Dogs and Dust.

Pretty much I do not like condoms, hairy women or dirty women.

cbryan70
11-06-2008, 12:16 AM
Yes. Latex, Dogs and Dust.

Pretty much I do not like condoms, hairy women or dirty women.

Take my advice.....WEAR PROTECTION.....the other two i can agree on :cool:

Sodar
11-06-2008, 12:18 AM
Take my advice.....WEAR PROTECTION.....the other two i can agree on :cool:

10-4 .

cbryan70
11-06-2008, 12:19 AM
What is up with this 30 second wait to post a message?

Doug G
11-06-2008, 12:20 AM
I need a pair of those.. We should have an official flip flop thread

cbryan70
11-06-2008, 12:24 AM
What ever happend to the sunglasses threads? I miss those