PDA

View Full Version : Lake Arrowhead, Camelot, and Sherwood in Northcentral Wisconsin

h2oskiluvr
08-17-2007, 01:42 AM
Are there any TT members out there who have waterskied on Lake Arrowhead, Cemelot, and/or Sherwood in Northcentral Wisconsin? I am curious about the "skiability" of these lakes. I drove by them last night and they look nice and I have been looking at property listings for the area so I was curious about it. One of the lakes, and maybe it is all three, appears to be down two or three feet in depth right now. Is there any known explanation for this? Thanks TT members!

ZZMCFOOT
08-17-2007, 10:20 AM
I've skied on Lake Camelot and Arrowhead alot. Lake Camelot is a 300 acre lake so it gets very busy at peak times. Keep in mind that all 3 of these lakes have no wake restrictions before 10am and after 8:00 or 8:30pm, so that eliminates your ability to get out early. Lake Arrowhead is the newest of the 3 man made lakes, it is a very nice lake, but can get very busy too. I've never skied Sherwood but it is the smallest of the 3 and has a unique horseshoe shape. Pretty challenging for skiing with boat trafic. Lastly, all lakes in Wisconsin are required to have public access, unfotunately people take full advantage of this and come out on the weekends. Eventhough my dad has a place on Camelot, my favorite place to ski is Lake Nepco. Its about 10 miles north of Camelot. There are no restrictions on this lake. The only problem is GP owns most of the land around the lake so there are only a few properties on the lake. It all depends on when you are going to use your cottage. If weekends are your primary time, the no wake restirction and traffic could make it a little frustrating.

LQ9Lover
08-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Wow, another possible MasterCraft owner in my old stompin' grounds. I grew up skiing on these lakes. They are great! Occasionally they can get choppy from boat wakes on the weekends but during the week it is glass calm. You can always find a good stretch to ski or ride on. Water can get pretty rough with a stiff East wind. I primarily skied on Sherwood and Arrowhead. You won't go wrong but getting lake property on these lakes. Sometimes a good friend of mine puts in his insta-slalom course on Sherwood and is always looking for a 3rd. I now live in Madison but call me if you have any questions. I work at Redline and can be reached toll free at (888)420-7547.

Mike