PDA

View Full Version : LT-1 just falls on its face

Cuzz
08-16-2007, 11:29 PM
Ok well we got 95 maristar a few weeks ago and pulled the V-drive and had a crack welded. Now when we are running her, the LT-1 just falls on her face. We stop rev it up a few times or hit reverce and she is fine. We have changed the fuel filter and same thing keeps happening. Any got any sugestions?

endl
08-16-2007, 11:39 PM
How many hours on the boat?

Cuzz
08-16-2007, 11:43 PM
160 hrs we have put about 20 hrs since we got it

JimN
08-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Do a search for fuel issues. There are many things to try, including cleaning the screen on the fuel pump inlet. You need to remove the brass fitting to do it but it frequently fixes the problem.

Did it do this before? Did you replace the O rings when you changed the filter?

endl
08-17-2007, 12:01 AM
95 with 160 hours???????? Hmmmm rebuilt?

Cuzz
08-17-2007, 12:05 AM
I'll check it out tomarrow after i vist another dealer and try and get a new seal for the tank. No i didnt check the feal pump just changed the filter witch is after the pump. Thanks

Cuzz
08-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Nop not a rebuit, the boat sat for 1-2 year before we got our hands on it. And there was signs of at least 6 inches water above the floor that sat for a long time. But it seems that the drive train is in good shape, except for the 6-8 inch crack that was in the bottem of the V-drive that we had welded

MYMC
08-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Do a search for fuel issues. There are many things to try, including cleaning the screen on the fuel pump inlet. You need to remove the brass fitting to do it but it frequently fixes the problem.

Did it do this before? Did you replace the O rings when you changed the filter?
This will be the cure

JimN
08-17-2007, 09:45 AM
OK, now that we know the boat wasn't well taken care of, do a compression test and preferably a cylinder leakdown test, fuel pressure test, look all over the block for cracks and replaced "freeze plugs", check the impeller and oil cooler and while you're at the dealer, have them connect it to their diagnostic computer so they can check for overheats and actual engine hours. The hour meter on the tach can be disconnected easily and it makes the boat look like it hasn't been run much but the ECM will show how much time the motor ran, not just how long the key was in the ON position. If the ECM was replaced, it can show less than the hour meter but if it's original and it has a higher number, you can go after the previous owner for misrepresenting the boat.

ride
08-17-2007, 02:47 PM
I'll check it out tomarrow after i vist another dealer and try and get a new seal for the tank. No i didnt check the feal pump just changed the filter witch is after the pump. Thanks

Not sure about the V-Drives, but the DD have an additional filter in the fuel line right after it comes out of the tank. You might check for that too....

Cuzz
08-23-2007, 07:52 AM
Thanks for all the help and info. I know what i will be doing this weekend.

Cuzz
08-26-2007, 01:37 AM
well the tank was clear (and yes there is another screen there) but there was fibers clogging up the inlet to the fuel pump. Thanks everyone for the info.