PDA

View Full Version : thought we got rid of lead paint in the 70's!?!?!

milkmania
08-14-2007, 12:32 PM
CHICAGO (Reuters) - Mattel Inc. (MAT.N: Quote) recalled millions of toys on Tuesday due to hazards from small, powerful magnets and lead paint, the latest round of recalls from the toymaker.
The recalled products include about 7.3 million Polly Pocket, Batman Magna, Doggie Daycare and Shonen Jump's One Piece play sets with the small magnets. According to a statement from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Mattel, about 2.4 million of the play sets were recalled on November 21.
About 683,000 Barbie doll Tanner play sets were also recalled due to a magnet hazard and about 253,000 Pixar Sarge die-cast toy cars with lead paint were recalled.

link---> Mattel recalls toys with magnets and lead paint (http://ca.today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=businessNews&storyID=2007-08-14T135759Z_01_N13386859_RTRIDST_0_BUSINESS-MATTEL-RECALL-COL.XML)

CNN just reported ALL of the 9 million toys were manufactured in China!!!!

sounds like they're trying to kill us slowly:twocents::rolleyes:

phecksel
08-14-2007, 12:54 PM
In response to the title, lead paint goes on easier, lasts longer, and looks better...at the cost of environmental issues. China has no environmental issues, just ask their govt :(

Another thing, we have this great idea of replacement florescent bulbs, but each bulb has mercury and are all made in China.

jraben8
08-14-2007, 12:55 PM
CNN just reported ALL of the 9 million toys were manufactured in China!!!!

sounds like they're trying to kill us slowly:twocents::rolleyes:

Every chance that they get!!!!

tones03
08-14-2007, 12:56 PM
The CEO of Mattell in China commited suicide over this issue, i guess his best friend who works for the paint company that they bought the paint from, screwed him over. Very sad and very scary.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-14-2007, 01:23 PM
This is for the cops.

TMCNo1
08-14-2007, 02:04 PM
The CEO of Mattell in China commited suicide over this issue, i guess his best friend who works for the paint company that they bought the paint from, screwed him over. Very sad and very scary.

Will make a good episode for the Premier of CSI Tokyo!:D

milkmania
08-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Will make a good episode for the Premier of CSI Tokyo!:D

that reminds me......

have you read the label on your paint containers lately:confused:

8p

chudson
08-14-2007, 03:33 PM
that reminds me......

have you read the label on your paint containers lately:confused:
8p

哥哥 他
弟弟
他们

^
Does it look like that ? :rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
08-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Friend or no friend, it's been reported they KNEW of the Lead. It's going to get ugly.
And I'd hope more and more products will be evaluated better because of this.
Speaking of coming from china, isn't that where all that pet food just came from that was killing dogs all over the country?

And let's take a closer look at the possibility they are going to start building and sending CARS over here. Going under the name Chery, there are some scary videos out there of these cars being crash tested. I hope they can get at least one to pass before they try to sell them here.

Oh, and as much as I hate to know this, apparently Chrysler (and the new owers) are going to carry the Chery lineup under their wing to sell them here.:mad: As you may guess, the Chery logo is destined to look alot like the word "CHEVY" on purpose. Perhaps in retaliation for the loss DC suffered in the 7 slot grill suit to GM and the Hummer. I have read, the CEO (or one of them) of the china based Chery is an American.
We shall see where all of this goes.

Workin' 4 Toys
08-15-2007, 10:13 AM

哥哥 他
弟弟
他们

^
Does it look like that ? :rolleyes:
How long until ALL of our products look like that? Not long I would guess.
It makes me sick.

Chief
08-15-2007, 10:32 AM
When I'm looking to buy something if its' made in China I put it down. I try not to buy anything from our enemies’. How many products you see from Iran or Russia in your home? Go to PEP Boys and see how much of thier stuff is from China. Hell it's in every store!

Talk about keeping your enemies close. I'm done ranting, stop buying China's Crap now!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-15-2007, 10:52 AM
When I'm looking to buy something if its' made in China I put it down. I try not to buy anything from our enemies’. How many products you see from Iran or Russia in your home? Go to PEP Boys and see how much of thier stuff is from China. Hell it's in every store!

Talk about keeping your enemies close. I'm done ranting, stop buying China's Crap now!

Difficult to not buy products from China. they are everywhere..... We try, but sometimes its impossible. I like to buy USA products whenever possible. all my guitars and amps are USA made except for 2 British amps. Sometimes I opt for Swedish lawnmowers, Husqvarna cuz the quality is so dang good, and I have a dealer right near me that is excellent. as far as Russian, the only thing I have russian is vacuum tubes for guitar amps as China and Russia are the only countries that produce vacuum tubes. oh yea, maybe some polish, russian, or swedish vodka here or there:cool:

Workin' 4 Toys
08-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Alright, apparently this is going to get real ugly real quick. As this stuff keeps being reported, look for more and more of it.

Just reported they are finding BABY BIBS to contain LEAD also from China.

Adding to what was mentioned already here, The childrens "easy bake" oven they are having kids getting burned badly, yet another couple million items being recalled.

For some reason these items all seem to be relative to children.

Workin' 4 Toys
08-15-2007, 02:45 PM

Something I thought was worth noting. I have found even some of the Japanese company HONDA products are made in China.
Just thought it was...................... interesting................ I guess...:confused: