PDA

View Full Version : new truck got rearended

uawaterskier
08-13-2007, 08:58 PM
I just bought this truck 2 weeks ago and of course it gets rearended today back in tuscaloosa for school. I was at a light and young lady came blowing by me in the turning lane at warp speed trying to make the light. Of course she didnt have enough room and clip the corner of my truck. Here's the best part...she's uninsured. So basically my truck has some scratches in it and it won't be fixed because I'm not claiming this and making my rates go up. So once again the ones on the road with insurance driving like we are suppose to be get screwed, and the other get a slap on the wrist.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p121/racinfast002/CIMG0788.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p121/racinfast002/CIMG0786.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p121/racinfast002/CIMG0785.jpg

tones03
08-13-2007, 09:08 PM
That is one somewhat nice thing about MI, no-fault insurance. It has it downsides but when crap like this happens it is nice. Sorry about your luck dude, that really sucks, at least it didnt break your taillight that would have been really bad.

uawaterskier
08-13-2007, 09:11 PM
That is one somewhat nice thing about MI, no-fault insurance. It has it downsides but when crap like this happens it is nice. Sorry about your luck dude, that really sucks, at least it didnt break your taillight that would have been really bad.
in Alabama everyone is SUPPOSE to have liability, but we all see how well that works.:rolleyes: But it could have been way worse. It just makes me mad because I just got it.

lav
08-13-2007, 09:17 PM
look on bright side at least you wasn't towing your mastercraft when that J.O. was behind you. good luck find a good body shop they will fix it up like new

billr
08-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Justin: Were you on campus or in T town. I hope you filed a police report. If it was on campus you can have her parking permits pulled. Take her to small claims court, and they may pull her plates.

uawaterskier
08-13-2007, 09:26 PM
look on bright side at least you wasn't towing your mastercraft when that J.O. was behind you. good luck find a good body shop they will fix it up like newtrue, it could have been 10000000 times worse. I guess because its new to me and it was in really good condition paint wise when I bought it.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p121/racinfast002/CIMG0760.jpg

and one of my girlfriend slaloming for the first time. I just taught how to ski this summer. She's a fast learner

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v115/33/122/1005210188/n1005210188_30132115_1147.jpg

onewheat
08-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Lawsuit, parents, payment plan, police - something needs to happen. I wouldn't have a scratched new truck. Uninsured/underinsured coverage doesn't cost that much and I don't believe it will hurt you in a claim (much).

fintek9
08-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Got t-boned back in the early 90's by an older man and wife (in their late 80's) In their "Cady" They "FORGOT" to stop when they were coming out of a parking lot!! Plus "FORGOT" to renew insurance so I got left with the bill (sold it for parts!) Could of brought them to small claims for what $500... Not worth it!!!!
Sorry bout your luck.....
Say ya to michigans law!!!!!!!:(

Jkelly
08-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Dude, you can make her pay for it, or should I say her parents. If its her fault then it her fault. If you have the police report then contact your insurance people and they will go after her.
That would piss me off to the highest level.

Maristar210
08-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Whats with the triple posts tonight?

uawaterskier
08-14-2007, 12:02 AM
holy crap something happend...how many times did i have the same post!?

uawaterskier
08-14-2007, 12:03 AM
Justin: Were you on campus or in T town. I hope you filed a police report. If it was on campus you can have her parking permits pulled. Take her to small claims court, and they may pull her plates.
i did have a police report filled out, but we were not on campus, and she was not a student.

Leroy
08-14-2007, 12:10 AM
I think I would talk with my insurance agent.

this damage it can cause problems in the future, existing damage.
they may be able to figure out how she can pay for this problem since they have agents and lawyers trying to figure out how they do not pay.I'm not sure what the downside is, we have 25 years with our agent and it is easy to talk with him.

uawaterskier
08-14-2007, 12:32 AM
I think I would talk with my insurance agent.

this damage it can cause problems in the future, existing damage.
they may be able to figure out how she can pay for this problem since they have agents and lawyers trying to figure out how they do not pay.I'm not sure what the downside is, we have 25 years with our agent and it is easy to talk with him.
yeah it sounds like I'm going to be talking to the insurance real soon. I'd like to get a new bumper out of this because it is creased where the guy before me didn't know how to drive a trailer.

Leroy
08-14-2007, 12:40 AM
The worst case should be lose 10% good driver discount for one year. Talking with you agent .....why should you be punished for someone else's problem of no insurance. You want to stay with this agent if he will work with you. You are the good guy in this situation.

yeah it sounds like I'm going to be talking to the insurance real soon. I'd like to get a new bumper out of this because it is creased where the guy before me didn't know how to drive a trailer.

uawaterskier
08-14-2007, 12:55 AM
You are the good guy in this situation.thats just the problem leroy...bad things ALWAYS happen to good people

Leroy
08-14-2007, 06:57 AM
I agree. I always hate that, they hit you and then you have to get three estimates and deal with getting your car into the shop etc.