PDA

View Full Version : Acme Prop Group Buy

Pages : [1] 2

BrianM
02-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Due to the apparent success of Andres PP group buy that he managed to put together for the site I am going to attempt another if there is interest.

Who is interested in a group buy for an Acme prop? I know that many on here are already running these props and very happy with them and that many others including myself have expressed intrest in purchasing one.

Post here if you are interested and I will start a list of names. Once I have a good feel for the number interested I will do the leg work on trying to get a supplier to work with us.

rem_pss308
02-28-2005, 01:32 PM
I would be interested if the price is a good one.
I my old prop at the shop now getting reworked. I would like to use it for a spare, and get one for better performance.

martini
02-28-2005, 01:37 PM
I will like to get in on this. Definitely count me in.

tex
02-28-2005, 01:44 PM
only if the price is right.

east tx skier
02-28-2005, 01:53 PM
I've already got an acme, but I'd recommend Schnitz. He will work with you on a group buy and his was the lowest price on an acme I found on an individual basis when I bought mine. ($293 delivered last February).

BrianM
02-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Like the avatar Tex. "That's what I like about those high school girls. I keep getting older they keep staying the same age" Classic.

Looks like we have four interested so far. Not bad for about 30 minutes.

BrianM
02-28-2005, 01:55 PM
EastTX,

I know that he currently has the best (unbublished) price on Acme props although they have gone up a bit from $293. I got a quote from him on a prop for me about 2 weeks ago and it was $320 delivered.

I am really hoping that we will be able to get a sub $300 price on a group buy no matter who it is through.

Zach S
02-28-2005, 02:15 PM
Put me on the "possibly" list. Depends on price and availability of funds.

bfinley
02-28-2005, 02:25 PM
I'm interested too

MasterMason
02-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Interested with the usual price question.

JohnnyB
02-28-2005, 02:36 PM
New prop was a planned purchase for me this spring....I guess for argument's sake, count me in on the group buy.

I have been trying to get more info on 3-blade vs. 4-blade......this previous thread didn't ever answer the issue for me (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=1084&page=1&pp=10&highlight=prop+trade) but I'm thinking I'll be going with a 3-blade ACME based on the number of folks on the site using them successfully.

86PowerSlot190MC
02-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Here's a little snippet I found from a Propeller basics web site.

3 Blade vs. 4 Blade

The 3 blade prop has been the design of choice for performance boaters for many years. It works well, provides good acceleration and control and excellent top speed performance. In the past few years, however, the 4 blade propeller has been gaining in popularity due to it's different handling and performance characteristics.
The 4 blade configuration is popular with boaters who are looking for a great hole shot, good acceleration, and strong, predictable low to mid range handling, at a possible expense of top speed.

This group of boaters includes certain types of fishing boats, ski boats, and boats that are used in rough water conditions.

In general, when replacing a 3 blade propeller with a 4 blade propeller of the same diameter and pitch, expect a loss of 50 to 100 rpm at full throttle (with a corresponding decrease in top speed). This is due to the fact that 4 blade propeller has slightly more drag in the water.

Dan K
02-28-2005, 03:22 PM
If the price is right I am interested as well.

BrianM
02-28-2005, 03:24 PM
The whole 3 vs. 4 blade thing is basicly thrown out the window with the Acme prop. Acme has created a CNC machined three blade that has the same surface area of their four blade. The CNC process assures the smoothest running prop possible. Acmes 3 blades generally do not have the downside of a typical three blade with all of the positives. i would reccomend contacting Acme about your 3 vs. 4 blade questions and ask them what Acme prop would be right for you. Fill in the form here and they usually respond within 24 hrs:

http://www.acmemarine.com/html/contact2.asp

Laurel_Lake_Skier
02-28-2005, 03:29 PM
I'd be interested as well, depending on price. I assume we could choose size/pitch to meet individual needs.

pdoppenheim
02-28-2005, 03:58 PM
I'm interested as I need a spare prop anyway. I have an 04 so it would have to be the splined prop.

east tx skier
02-28-2005, 03:59 PM
EastTX,

I know that he currently has the best (unbublished) price on Acme props although they have gone up a bit from $293. I got a quote from him on a prop for me about 2 weeks ago and it was $320 delivered.

I am really hoping that we will be able to get a sub $300 price on a group buy no matter who it is through.

Brian, check out this website as well. They've got the 3 blade Acme for $315.

Propeller's Online (http://www.propellersonline.com/)

rem_pss308
02-28-2005, 04:36 PM
If we can get them for under $300.00 shipped, I will definately purchase one.

Brn85ss
02-28-2005, 05:30 PM
Count me in for a definite Maybe? Price etc,.

EFiles
02-28-2005, 06:16 PM
BrianM,

I'm interested as well. I was planning to look into an Acme this spring anyway. Looks like you and I have practically the same boat except mine's an '87. Have you gotten a recommendation from Acme on prop specs yet? I'd be interested to see what they say. I'm waiting for spring to get my speed numbers and so forth so I can send the form in to them.

Cloaked
02-28-2005, 06:21 PM
Throw me in that briar patch. I'm in. Now, it's time to move this project forward... :smile:

Let's do it... Money talks. Where do we send the bling???

BrianM
02-28-2005, 07:09 PM
Efiles,

I am going to be ordering the #541 which is a 13x12. PeteS is running this prop on his '88 and has been very happy. I think EastTX is gunning the same prop on his 205.

PeteS
02-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Brian is right, the #541 is an excellent choice. You achieve the hole shot of a 4-blade, and maintain the top end of a 3-blade. Not to mention, it is incredibly smooth. I highly reccomend this propeller.

BrianM
02-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Update,

So far I am counting 14 interested parties on a prop. I have started to contact some 'dealers' and have a couple that are interested but am still awaiting pricing. Obviously the more we get the better the price.

I wan't to continue to get a head count of those that are interested. As soon as I get a response from dealers I wil post where we are at.

Yes you will be able to pick the model.

Keep it coming the more the mobetter.

Farmer Ted
02-28-2005, 08:58 PM
Here's a little snippet I found from a Propeller basics web site.

3 Blade vs. 4 Blade

The 3 blade prop has been the design of choice for performance boaters for many years. It works well, provides good acceleration and control and excellent top speed performance. In the past few years, however, the 4 blade propeller has been gaining in popularity due to it's different handling and performance characteristics.
The 4 blade configuration is popular with boaters who are looking for a great hole shot, good acceleration, and strong, predictable low to mid range handling, at a possible expense of top speed.

This group of boaters includes certain types of fishing boats, ski boats, and boats that are used in rough water conditions.

In general, when replacing a 3 blade propeller with a 4 blade propeller of the same diameter and pitch, expect a loss of 50 to 100 rpm at full throttle (with a corresponding decrease in top speed). This is due to the fact that 4 blade propeller has slightly more drag in the water.

What does it say regarding the fact that the 3 Blades are now being CNCd when theyare made?

east tx skier
02-28-2005, 10:04 PM
Huh? (10 character)

Hemey5
02-28-2005, 10:17 PM
Why ACME over OJ props. Has anybody else tried one of those CNC milled props that OJ has out?

86PowerSlot190MC
02-28-2005, 10:59 PM
What does it say regarding the fact that the 3 Blades are now being CNCd when theyare made?
Here's a good site for prop info:

http://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/prop.html

I know it a whaler site put Prop info is Prop info!!!

As far as I can tell it all it depends on engine HP and the transmission you have. ACME doesn’t sell and 14 x 18 3 blade (the closest 4 blade is 13.5 X 17.5, closet 3 blade 13 X 12, all this info is from their web site).

From the link above, if I reduce prop pitch to 12 so that I can install a 3 blade, I start to lose top end speed??

I’ll wait and see what ACME says.

P.S another thing I’ve noticed is that MasterCraft has started to fit 5 blade props on their top end boats???

Farmer Ted
02-28-2005, 11:14 PM
Why ACME over OJ props. Has anybody else tried one of those CNC milled props that OJ has out?

ACME had the CNC prop out first, OJ was late to the game...

rodltg2
02-28-2005, 11:20 PM
me too yes

Holtrodj
03-01-2005, 12:21 AM
I'm in. I need the #541.

east tx skier
03-01-2005, 01:17 AM
ACME had the CNC prop out first, OJ was late to the game...

Thought that might be what you meant, but wasn't sure.

Hemey5
03-01-2005, 10:16 AM
Ted,
Thanks for the info. If you don't already have one, have you every used one on your boat?

BrianM
03-01-2005, 11:24 AM
Well this is moving along faster than expected which is nice. I have quotes from 2 dealers and am waiting for one more response and a clarification. My goal is to get pricing finalized and instructions to all of those that are interested within the next 48 hours.

Pricing is going to be UNDER $300 shipped to your door.

Knowing the above who is still interested (We need to get a minimum of 10 orders for this to work). If you are please send me a personal message with the Acme model # you would like. I will be assembling the short list this way and once I have all of the details will be sending personal messages back to those that have PM'd me. If the supplier allows I will post the pricing here with their permission.

So far I have 17 people who have expressed interest. They are:

BrianM
rempss308
martini
tex
ZachS
bfinley
MasterMason
JohnnyB
86PowerSlot
Dank
Laurel Lake Skier
pdoppenheim
Brin85ss
Efiles
Sporty
rodltg2
Holtrodj

east tx skier
03-01-2005, 12:09 PM
All those people are going to be so psyched. Good job on the buy Brian. Sounds like you got a really good price. Some of the best money I've spent on the boat.

MasterMason
03-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Brian,

I am in, and will pm you with what I want. I am just not sure yet. I have to go down and look at what I have currently. I know it is a 4 blade. Any recommendations on what I need. I have a 98 prostar 190 with the LT-1 moter and 1:1 tranny.

east tx skier
03-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Brian, Farmer Ted has the 98 190 with LT1 and 1:1 and is running a 13x12.65 (I think I got that right) Acme 3 blade.

BrianM
03-01-2005, 01:53 PM
We have a supplier for the props and I will tell you that they are absolutely a rippin' deal! You WILL NOT find a better deal anywhere!

The supplier has requested that neither their name nor the pricing be posted publicly on this forum. This will be respected. All correspondance about pricing and final payment etc. will be done via Private Message ONLY. If anyone is offended by this I am sorry but for the deal that is being offered it is a very small price to pay.

PM me with the model # that you want and I will PM back the price. They need the total number of props and model numbers ASAP so that they can expedite ordering on their end and get them to us in a timely manner. I will be setting a final date for all that will be ordering to get me their information and then I will PM everyone with instructions for final ordering and payment.

JohnnyB
03-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Just went to the ACME website and filled out my info to see what they recommend.....likely I'll be ordering the 541 but will PM you when I have my "final answer".

Not that it's a big deal because I'm expecting to be very happy with the 541, but what would be their exchange policy should I try the prop and decide I'd like a different ACME? I'd assume I'd pay all shipping for any exchange......

just a thought.

rem_pss308
03-01-2005, 02:43 PM
BrianM:
I just got off the phone with Acme. I was talking to Jim Thelen,Sales Engineer: 888-661-2263He said that if you call him, if we are purchaseing 10 props he can possibly give us a better deal tha what we have. I didnt know what price we were getting them for so I could not tell him.
Also I am pretty sure he said that with purchaseing direct there is a money back garantee.

east tx skier
03-01-2005, 03:16 PM
When I bought mine, you had 30 days to return it no questions asked. I assume you'd be responsible for shipping.

jwchapman
03-01-2005, 03:17 PM
I just sent a PM - please let me know the details - thanks.

BrianM
03-01-2005, 03:34 PM
PM was sent.

martini
03-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Ditto on the PM, just sent you one.

BrianM
03-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Everyone that has said they were in on this thread but have not PMd me yet please do so ASAP. So far I have the following as definates and awaiting further instructions:

MasterMason--------#209
martini---------------#541
86PowerSlot---------#381
rempss308-----------#543
BrianM---------------#541

Keep them coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan K
03-01-2005, 06:18 PM
PM sent

I spoke with ACME and on my powerslot they are recommending a new 3 blade versus their 4 blade, Bill said I would get same hole shot and better top end when compared to the 4 blade. They are still tuning this blade but feel it is comparable to the 4 blade with betterupside potential.

tex
03-01-2005, 06:32 PM
i am still on the fence-trying to figure out the prop.

86PowerSlot190MC
03-01-2005, 06:35 PM
PM sent

I spoke with ACME and on my powerslot they are recommending a new 3 blade versus their 4 blade, Bill said I would get same hole shot and better top end when compared to the 4 blade. They are still tuning this blade but feel it is comparable to the 4 blade with betterupside potential.

I’m very confused??? :confused:
Bill email me saying I need to use the #381 4 blade and I have a 1986 Powerslot????
:confused: :confused:

martini
03-01-2005, 06:47 PM
I would guess that he is basing that off of your powerslot transmission(1:1.5). I have a direct drive(1:1) hence the 541 part number and a 3 blade.

martini
03-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Nevermind, I need to read better! That is strange. You may want to ask him again about the discrepency between the 2?

André
03-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Brian
Congrats and thanks fot taking up this task!
It's a lot of work.
Hope you type faster then me!

Cloaked
03-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Brian
.................Hope you type faster then me!A huntin'- N -pecker??? :D :D :D

MasterMason
03-01-2005, 09:04 PM
Brian
Congrats and thanks fot taking up this task!
It's a lot of work.
Hope you type faster then me!

The only C I ever received in high school was in typing, but it was one of the most usefull classes I ever took as well.

Holtrodj
03-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Brian - I'll PM you tomorrow. I'm going to give Bill Weeks a call tomorrow.

Does anyone know off-hand what the performance difference between the 13x12 and the 13x12.65 would be? I have a '96 190 with the 1:1 tranny.

Laurel_Lake_Skier
03-01-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm going to give Bill Weeks a call tomorrow.
Do you have a number that I could use to get in touch with Bill? I'm looking for a prop to used for barefooting and would like to check on my best option for this application.

Holtrodj
03-01-2005, 09:51 PM
I do. It's in my roledex at the office. I'll get it tomorrow.

Laurel_Lake_Skier
03-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Great, thanks!
If possible, PM it to me so I can get in touch with him.

Farmer Ted
03-01-2005, 10:31 PM
Ted,
Thanks for the info. If you don't already have one, have you every used one on your boat?

I have an ACME 13 X 12.65 forget the number. I spoke with Jim Thelen and he asked me a bunch of questions regarding what type of boating I do and recommended this prop.

I'm very happy with it, my 13X13 four blade had some major vibration, took it in to get it fixed and they told me it was in balance and cup and they could charge me $75 to work on it but it didn't need it.

I did put it back on 4th of July weekend just to see if I noticed the difference in hole shot or top end but I couldn't get my boat out on the trailer fast enough to put the three blade back on.

I'm going to make a clock out of my four blade....

What ever prop you get you'll be very happy with it!

Cody
03-01-2005, 11:49 PM
I had the 541 on my '85 S&S and loved it. There was a noticable difference in the hole shot and wake.

I am in, without question.

On my '91 powerslot I have an OJ 14x18. Does anyone know what that is in the acme? The four blade is the 381, I believe. I was told that they stopped making it in the three blade since the four blades on the powerslots were so popular now. I find that hard to believe though.

???

sfitzgerald351
03-01-2005, 11:53 PM
Does anyone know if having the 454 in my 84 with the 1:1 transmision changes the prop recommendation? Or is it the same as with the 351? The current prop is an OJ 13x13 I think if that helps matters and I current go about 45 mph at about 4500 rpm.

Dan K
03-01-2005, 11:56 PM
I’m very confused??? :confused:
Bill email me saying I need to use the #381 4 blade and I have a 1986 Powerslot????
:confused: :confused:

86 I have added the edelbrock manifold and electronic ignition resulting in a slight HP increase, I mostly ski but do a little boarding as well. Bill felt that with the powerslot you are getting plenty of hole shot with either prop and have to potential for more top end with the 3 blade.

Brn85ss
03-02-2005, 12:08 AM
I had the 541 on my '85 S&S and loved it. There was a noticable difference in the hole shot and wake.

I am in, without question.

On my '91 powerslot I have an OJ 14x18. Does anyone know what that is in the acme? The four blade is the 381, I believe. I was told that they stopped making it in the three blade since the four blades on the powerslots were so popular now. I find that hard to believe though.

???
I talked to Acme today about my powerslot the only prop that they make for the p/s is the381 4blade. No three blade period.He did say that they have a three blade in development but it's not ready yet.I like my 3 blade OJ in the14x18 I'm not sure I want to change to the 4 blade.

Brn85ss
03-02-2005, 12:19 AM
Just went back and read powerslots thread now I'm really confused.Bill is giving everyone conflicting info.Or were not hearing well.I need to get this clarified before I commit to brian.Price is right!

Can someone call Acme this morning and get the right info.I would like to stick to a 3 blade if I can.

86PowerSlot190MC
03-02-2005, 01:55 AM
I found this on yet another web site: :eek:

“How many blades should your prop have? Three blade propellers are the most common, but 4 and even 5 blade props are available. The immediate benefit to increasing your propeller's blade count is increased thrust and a smoother ride (Much like adding more cylinders to your engine). Theoretically, the more blades, the lower the efficiency of the propeller. However, increased blade count generally means that each blade no longer has to deal with as much horsepower and consequently the blades can be made a bit thinner which improves their individual efficiency. For example, on a three blade prop running on a 300HP motor, each blade has to handle a 100 hp each. On a 4 blade prop on the same motor, each blade only has to handle 75 HP! This allows the designer to build a prop with a thinner blade without sacrificing stiffness or strength. Unfortunately, the overall efficiency of a multi-bladed propeller is reduced when the blades are forced to run through confused waters - increasing drag. Equally, drag rises to the square (approximately) of speed. Also, a narrow blade, just like a thinner blade passes through the water with less drag. Ideally, therefore, we want a thin section, narrow twin blade, revolving as slowly as possible. This is just not practical for most boating applications”.

It seems to compound the argument for the 3 blade prop. But the last section about slower moving props, seems to relate to the Powerslot transmission. And this still doesn’t answer the question, why is MC installing 5 blades on the larger top end boats???

I’m sorry for repeating myself but I’m just trying to clear up some confusion on the old argument of 3 blade Vs 4 blades. :cry:

east tx skier
03-02-2005, 01:56 AM
I have an ACME 13 X 12.65 forget the number. I spoke with Jim Thelen and he asked me a bunch of questions regarding what type of boating I do and recommended this prop.

I'm very happy with it, my 13X13 four blade had some major vibration, took it in to get it fixed and they told me it was in balance and cup and they could charge me $75 to work on it but it didn't need it.

I did put it back on 4th of July weekend just to see if I noticed the difference in hole shot or top end but I couldn't get my boat out on the trailer fast enough to put the three blade back on.

Tim, how would you compare the acme to your oj 4 blade?

The head mechanic at SWCC told me that the often had vibration issues when they were using OJ and would routinely send new props to get remilled. Remilled, the OJ were pretty much vibration free. My father in law says it's better now than before it was remilled, but the refurb on that prop was required as I bent one of the blades back at a 45 degree angle. I haven't talked him into an acme just yet.

east tx skier
03-02-2005, 02:00 AM
I found this on yet another web site: :eek:

“How many blades should your prop have? Three blade propellers are the most common, but 4 and even 5 blade props are available. The immediate benefit to increasing your propeller's blade count is increased thrust and a smoother ride (Much like adding more cylinders to your engine). Theoretically, the more blades, the lower the efficiency of the propeller. However, increased blade count generally means that each blade no longer has to deal with as much horsepower and consequently the blades can be made a bit thinner which improves their individual efficiency. For example, on a three blade prop running on a 300HP motor, each blade has to handle a 100 hp each. On a 4 blade prop on the same motor, each blade only has to handle 75 HP! This allows the designer to build a prop with a thinner blade without sacrificing stiffness or strength. Unfortunately, the overall efficiency of a multi-bladed propeller is reduced when the blades are forced to run through confused waters - increasing drag. Equally, drag rises to the square (approximately) of speed. Also, a narrow blade, just like a thinner blade passes through the water with less drag. Ideally, therefore, we want a thin section, narrow twin blade, revolving as slowly as possible. This is just not practical for most boating applications”.

It seems to compound the argument for the 3 blade prop. But the last section about slower moving props, seems to relate to the Powerslot transmission. And this still doesn’t answer the question, why is MC installing 5 blades on the larger top end boats???

I’m sorry for repeating myself but I’m just trying to clear up some confusion on the old argument of 3 blade Vs 4 blades. :cry:

I haven't heard of any 5 blades on MC boats, but I could be wrong. When was the article written? What was once a rule of thumb you could hang your hat on in the world of inboard propellers has changed in the past few years with the CNC finishing and the three blades that claim as much blade surface area as their four blade counterparts.

86PowerSlot190MC
03-02-2005, 02:12 AM
I was in the So cal MC dealer a few weeks back, they had an all sing and dancing X-80, or was it a 280. :love:
Any way I could’ve sworn it had two 5 blade props installed.

Could’ve of been how I was looking at them (from the side). :confused:

east tx skier
03-02-2005, 02:27 AM
Here's a 280 twin drive, but it's got four blades (although I guess, technically, it's 8).

Boat Trader MC 280 (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/0/75538420.htm)

I found another 280 on a dealer's website that had a four blade. But you might be right as I remember hearing that somewhere, too.

Since the linked 280 is at BAWS, I'm sure Jim can shed some light on the question of whether there is a 5 blade option, although as a MC dealer, he wouldn't be selling Acme.

rem_pss308
03-02-2005, 09:41 AM
888-661-2263 is a number that Bill Weeks at acme can be reached. I called yesterday. I didnt talk to bill, but talked to another sales engineer.

How is the list coming ?

Was also told that the differance between the 541( 13 X 12 ) and the 543 ( 13 X 11.5 ) is 100 - 150 rpms
Was told that the acme 541 ( 13 x 12 ) is comparable to our OJ 13 X 13 original props. But will be a great improvement because it is CNC machined.

BrianM
03-02-2005, 09:53 AM
Here is the list that I have currently. Everyone below has confirmed via PM that they are a definate and given me a model number.

rempss308 #543
86powerslot #381
martini #541
mastermason #209
Efiles #541
Andyg #843
JohnnyB #541
BrianM #541

I have heard from others and responded to their questions but as of this writing are not confirmed. If you are not on this list and should be or if your prop number is wrong let me know.

This group buy will happen with the above confirmed. I will be sending out instructions (via PM to those on the list) later this afternoon about how to order.

If there are others that still want in let me know. I should be able to leave it open for a little while longer but the sooner the better. The price is awsome!!

BrianM
03-02-2005, 09:56 AM
As for the prop for the Powerslot. I think that Acme is still reccomending the #381 4 blade for your application. I don't think the 3 blade version #801 is fully developed yet. I will try and get a firm answer today.

bradamerry
03-02-2005, 09:57 AM

Farmer do I need the 3 blade?? :huh:

rem_pss308
03-02-2005, 09:57 AM
I'm Excited!!!!

Thanks Brian....

east tx skier
03-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Brad, you've got a pslot, right? If so, you may need the 4 blade. Call acme.

rasmithaz
03-02-2005, 12:34 PM
I'm in. PM sent.

BrianM
03-02-2005, 12:43 PM
Reply Sent

Brn85ss
03-02-2005, 03:31 PM
Did anyone every get ahold of ACME about the powerslot prop issue?

I have the 3 blade not sure about going to the 4 blade I find some irony in the fact everyone with the four is getting a three.Kind of a repeat ? But I'm not sure what to do.

Dan K
03-02-2005, 03:35 PM
85 ss
I suggest you call Bill Weeks, I talked with him at length about my needs and have confirmed that for my situation the new 801 3 blade is the best for me.

BrianM thanks for pulling all this together, I sent a PM to you a little while ago confirming that I desire pricing for the 801. If it is comparable to other 3 blades and it should be according to ACME I am in.

:D

MasterMason
03-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Did anyone every get ahold of ACME about the powerslot prop issue?

I have the 3 blade not sure about going to the 4 blade I find some irony in the fact everyone with the four is getting a three.Kind of a repeat ? But I'm not sure what to do.

Well almost everyone, I am sticking with the 4 blade. I like the way my boat runs, so I am just getting a spare. I have been on many trips that were ruined because the boat owner didn't have a spare prop when it got tweeked.

Brn85ss
03-02-2005, 03:41 PM
85 ss
I suggest you call Bill Weeks, I talked with him at length about my needs and have confirmed that for my situation the new 801 3 blade is the best for me.

BrianM thanks for pulling all this together, I sent a PM to you a little while ago confirming that I desire pricing for the 801. If it is comparable to other 3 blades and it should be according to ACME I am in.

:D
Dan I talked to ACME yesterday and they said the 801 was not available yet.

bradamerry
03-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Brad, you've got a pslot, right? If so, you may need the 4 blade. Call acme.
I got a 4 blade and it seems to do fine :confused: . And yes I have the Powerslot, don't like the looks of the pslot :eek3: !!

Dan K
03-02-2005, 03:44 PM
85 SS
It may be that you talked to someone else there yesterday, I suggest you talk directly with Bill Weeks if you are interested in a 3 blade.

Brn85ss
03-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Thanks dan I think your right I better call back and see if I can talk to Bill.

BrianM
03-02-2005, 04:09 PM
I just sent a PM with instructions on how to order to everyone that had confirmed with me on the group buy. I put my personal order in and it was very easy.

MasterMason, AndyG, and DanK, and possibly 86powerslot. Sorry for the short delay with ordering your props. I will PM as soon as you are good to go.

flyinryn
03-02-2005, 04:10 PM
If i was interested in getting new prop would i need to get the RPM and top speed info and all that other good stuff or could i shoot from the hip here.

BrianM
03-02-2005, 04:11 PM
For those that have not confirmed with me yet you can still get in on the buy but please let me know ASAP via PM.

martini
03-02-2005, 04:16 PM
I just order mine! It is by far the best price I have ever seen. Thanks for setting this up BrianM.

Leroy
03-02-2005, 05:59 PM
I just ordered a #381 4 blade. Can't wait to try out my new boat! Based on what Bill Weeks said this is going on the boat and stock prop will become the backup.

Thanks Brian!

rem_pss308
03-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Just ordered My #543.
Thanks again Brian,
If you are ever in North Florida, I owe you a ride and a drink. :toast:

rasmithaz
03-02-2005, 06:38 PM
Done Deal. Thanks Brian.... I owe you a big cold beer in a frosty mug.

BrianM
03-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Just sent a PM to those that had to wait to order. DanK, Andyg and mastermason. Let me know if you have any trouble.

BrianM
03-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Glad it is working out for those that already ordered. If there are others out there that want to get in on this let me know. The buy is still open.

EFiles
03-02-2005, 07:30 PM
Done Deal. Thanks Brian.... I owe you a big cold beer in a frosty mug.

Me too, BrianM. But not just any beer.......an Abita!

Speaking of which, now that I've placed my order I think I'll go have one. :D

MasterMason
03-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Brian,

I just placed my order and also wanted to say thanks..... New prop will be here soon. If your ever in Northern CA let me know and I too will provide you with a pull and a frosty one.

Holtrodj
03-02-2005, 08:11 PM
Brian - I'm in on the buy, but I'm trying to solicit some advice from the current acme owners on which prop I need. #541 or #449?

Cody
03-02-2005, 08:42 PM
BrianM,

When will the deal close out?

BrianM
03-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Cody sent you a PM.

Don't know exactly when I will have to close it out but it will be on for another day for sure.

Anyone that wants in and hasn't received instructions from me yet PM me and I will fix you up.

Cody
03-02-2005, 09:27 PM
BrianM,

Thanks, for the hard work. Just got my order in.

It was great timing on your part. I was planning on buying one in a couple of days anyway.

If your ever in North Miss. Just hollar.

Cody

BrianM
03-03-2005, 10:53 AM
From the posts here and PMs I have been receiving it looks like people are getting their orders in easily.

Just wanted to give the thread a bump to the top this morning.

THE BUY IS STILL ON. If there are people out there that are interested but have not contacted me yet please do so and I will get you taken care of.

Those that have received directions on ordering and have not done so yet please get your order in ASAP.

Thanks to everyone. This group buy has already been a great success.

east tx skier
03-03-2005, 11:45 AM
Mmmmm, Turbodog.

Doug, which acme prop depends on so many factors. Bill at Acme will be able to best advise you on which prop is best for your boat, motor, transmission, and preferred activity combination. If you're running a 1:1, doing mostly slalom, and are pretty satisfied with your stock prop, but just want a little boost in the low end, my guess is the 541, but I'd recommend the toll free call to acme all the same.

JohnnyB
03-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Ordered my 541 yesterday afternoon....no problems. Now if the Wisconsin weather will provide for some late April/early May skiing!!!

Thanks Brian!!

Leroy
03-03-2005, 02:32 PM
I had a minor glitch but they fixed in on the phone while I was placing order.

Bill at ACME is very good and nice to talk with! Application guide is comprehensive. http://www.acmemarine.com/html/list.html

BrianM
03-04-2005, 09:44 AM
:woohoo: Do to the success of this group buy (13 people had placed orders when I checked yesterday about 1pm) I am able to hold it open for any stragglers.

This Buy Will Close Friday 3-11-05

If you would like to participate please PM me and I will get you ordering instructions.

:toast: A big thanks to all of you that have already ordered and made this buy a huge success for all involved.:banana:

MasterMason
03-04-2005, 10:23 AM
Wonders when Brian is going to take his tour of the USA to pick up all the pulls and coldies he is owed? :worthy:

Thanks again!!

BrianM
03-07-2005, 11:10 AM
Wanted to give the thread a bump to the top.

The group buy is still available until the end of the week if anyone is still interested.

Leroy
03-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Mine just arrived!

Thanks again Brian!

BrianM
03-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Awesome! Mine had farther to go. Scheduled delivery is March 9.

Cloaked
03-07-2005, 05:59 PM
I just spoke with Bill at Acme. They are out of props. Due in 15 more on Friday, but may be later. Thanks Brian for the assistance. I have ordered a prop.

MarkP
03-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Mine just arrived!

Thanks again Brian!

Sweeet. You guys are going to be happy:dance:

Holtrodj
03-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Got mine too!

The back of one of the blades looks like it was worked slightly with a wheel. This normal? Looks like it just barely took off the groves from the CNC machine. I'm sure it won't affect performance, but why would they do this if it's brand new?

east tx skier
03-08-2005, 12:30 PM
I don't recall that being the case when I got mine. I've read that if you have to have one remilled for some reason, the CNC "lines" won't be there when you get it back. If you're not going to be able to run the boat within a week or so to test it, Call Acme and ask them.

BrianM
03-08-2005, 12:39 PM
Sounds like the CNC lines may just be 'lighter' in certain areas. If you think that it truely does not look right please contact the supplier for this group buy directly by phone. They will make it right. If you have any problems please contact me.

JohnnyB
03-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Got mine yesterday....sure is purdy. Going to visit my boat in storage tonight and put the prop inside where I can find it in another month.

I noticed the same thing regarding the CNC lines -- two of the three blades seem to have been worked over with a wheel just a bit....about an inch wide and 3 inches long in the center of the blade. I wonder if the final balancing is by hand?

MasterMason
03-08-2005, 02:32 PM
I got the shipping notice on mine today, they had to special order it since I opted for the 4 blade, but hopefully it will be here for the weekend to test it out. Supposed to be low to mid 70''s. :woohoo:

EFiles
03-08-2005, 05:35 PM
Got mine today! I love seeing that brown truck pull up outside. :dance:

I noticed the same thing others mentioned about looking like it was worked some by hand. Only very lightly on one blade, though. I wouldn't think it's anything to be concerned about.

east tx skier
03-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Ya, I hear those get shipped out at the same time, but get delivered later due to loss of top end. ;)

Holtrodj
03-09-2005, 12:25 AM
I talked to some people at work that know the CNC process better than I do. They said that that was probibly the last spots that the machine cut away. There could be some small piece of metal there that would need to be ground down just to make it smooth. I highly doubt it would affect performance. I can still see the CNC lines through the marks. Just curious how many others noticed the same thing.

MarkP
03-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Ya, I hear those get shipped out at the same time, but get delivered later due to loss of top end. ;)Come on man.. That 4 blade will do just fine:D

east tx skier
03-09-2005, 11:24 AM
Oh I know, I'm just havin' fun.

Leroy
03-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Doug; Hmmm; just looking at the MC numbers looks like the 3 prop boats have some catching up to do! I was surprised when I saw this in the guide.

From 2005 Boat Buyers guide:

---------------Time to 30mph--time to 36mph--Top speed
PS190 ------------5.3----------- 7.4 ----------42.2
PS205 ------------5.0----------- 6.7---------- 44.2
Maristar 230VRS --4.4------------ 5.4 ---------45.0

Ya, I hear those get shipped out at the same time, but get delivered later due to loss of top end. ;)

André
03-09-2005, 11:37 AM
How can a 230 vrs be so much faster then a 190 up to 30 mph???

Leroy
03-09-2005, 11:44 AM
Hard for me to believe, maybe the VRS had the better driver test day.

Holtrodj
03-09-2005, 06:11 PM
Those numbers are pretty hard to believe. Unless their running different engines...

Leroy
03-09-2005, 06:16 PM
Straight from the guide TTADMIN posted. I didn't realize I had the Corvette of boats.

east tx skier
03-09-2005, 06:18 PM
Doug; Hmmm; just looking at the MC numbers looks like the 3 prop boats have some catching up to do! I was surprised when I saw this in the guide.

From 2005 Boat Buyers guide:

---------------Time to 30mph--time to 36mph--Top speed
PS190 ------------5.3----------- 7.4 ----------42.2
PS205 ------------5.0----------- 6.7---------- 44.2
Maristar 230VRS --4.4------------ 5.4 ---------45.0

Which one of those is running a 3 blade?

MasterMason
03-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Which one of those is running a 3 blade?

they were all tested with 4 blades I believe

east tx skier
03-09-2005, 06:30 PM
I believe that's a misprint on the 190. In 2003, it was getting to 36 in 5.4 seconds with the LQ9 6.0 @385 hp. In fact, I remembered reading that this year as well.

I just looked at the 93 guide and interestingly enough, the 285 hp carb with the slot was hitting 36 mph in 5.33 seconds (and probably with a 3 blade OJ 14x18, but I could be wrong --- it doesn't give number of blades in 93).

Take that fuel injection!

Leroy
03-09-2005, 06:31 PM
That's what the report says, my mistake. I assumed the 190 was on a 3 blade but looks like MC is in love with 4 blades now.

east tx skier
03-09-2005, 06:36 PM
Yeah, MC has run 4 blade OJs stock for several years. I don't know when they made the switch. My father in law's 98 came with a 4 blade.

east tx skier
03-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Well, maybe it's not a misprint. The 190 was running the RT-P 310 hp engine with the 197 running the MCX. Maybe that has something to do with the times.

André
03-09-2005, 07:23 PM
...Take that fuel injection!

Sure! Just clear the ramp Carb guy! :D

east tx skier
03-09-2005, 08:12 PM
I'll bet you I'm off the ramp before that ice melts where you are. :purplaugh

At 75 degrees on Saturday, I don't expect I'll be on that ramp for long.

André
03-09-2005, 08:15 PM

You know where to hit!!! :cry: :cry:

east tx skier
03-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Hey, at least I didn't call you Frenchy. ;)

MarkP
03-09-2005, 08:39 PM

That’s a little cruel man.

Was it the good lawyer crack that he mad a couple of weeks ago?? Thick skinned, sure!! Good memory, You bet:eek:

east tx skier
03-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Hey, just to take this thread way off course for a second, is anybody running Mozilla's Firefox browser. We started using it at home last week and it's great!

MarkP
03-09-2005, 11:27 PM
Not me.....

Leroy
03-09-2005, 11:30 PM
We were and I liked it but my bit head son didn't like it so we are back to IE.

east tx skier
03-09-2005, 11:38 PM
What's that, I didn't copy?

MasterMason
03-10-2005, 12:51 AM
It is possible to use mulitple web browsers on the same system. I have Netscape 7.0 Iwhich is mozzilla based) and IE and use them for different reasons.

BrianM
03-10-2005, 10:06 AM
Got my prop yesterday. Have the same "smooth" spot on the back of one of the blades. I am going to call Acme in a little while and ask why that is as I am curious. Overall the prop is one fine hunk of Nibral. You can really see the difference when you put it next to the standard prop. Each blade hasnearly twice the surface area.:D

Lake_Tippy_Skier
03-10-2005, 10:25 AM
Hey, just to take this thread way off course for a second, is anybody running Mozilla's Firefox browser. We started using it at home last week and it's great!

it is the only one that I use...byu far the best out there

east tx skier
03-10-2005, 10:58 AM
Got my prop yesterday. Have the same "smooth" spot on the back of one of the blades. I am going to call Acme in a little while and ask why that is as I am curious. Overall the prop is one fine hunk of Nibral. You can really see the difference when you put it next to the standard prop. Each blade hasnearly twice the surface area.:D

Not to mention how sharp those blades are.

BrianM
03-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Just talked to Bill at Acme. He said that the small spots on the back of the blades are in fact balance marks. According to him they come out of the CNC machine nearly perfect but put them on a static balancer and do the final balance by hand thus the marks.

Bill also asked that we drop MC customer service a line stating what a difference the prop made to our boat. He said he doesn't want us to lie but is confident that it will make such a difference over the stock prop we won't have to.

tex
03-10-2005, 11:27 AM
i ordered mine yesterday-Thanks Brian!

rasmithaz
03-10-2005, 11:29 AM
Knock Knock.
Who's There?
UPS Guy.
UPS Guy Who?
UPS Guy Who's got your Acme prop delivered to your front door all because BrianM took the time to hook up all of you board members with what looks like a very successful group buy.

BrianM
03-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the thanks. This group buy was amazingly successful. Last count I have we had 18 orders placed and I have had a few more inquiries since then. Could not have made it happen without everyone else. Thanks:toast:

MasterMason
03-10-2005, 06:04 PM
UPS guy brought mine today. Hopefully I will have time to get it put on tomorrow, because we're leaving early Satruday morning for the Delta.

Leroy
03-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Brian; I'm eager to start hearing performance reports now! Maybe need a new thread on that. Will be April before I know.

Holtrodj
03-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Just talked to Bill at Acme. He said that the small spots on the back of the blades are in fact balance marks. According to him they come out of the CNC machine nearly perfect but put them on a static balancer and do the final balance by hand thus the marks.

Bill also asked that we drop MC customer service a line stating what a difference the prop made to our boat. He said he doesn't want us to lie but is confident that it will make such a difference over the stock prop we won't have to.

I don't know how many of you have ever talked to Bill... but those who have I think will agree that he is by-far the most knowledgeable prop person I've ever spoke to.

WakeSeeky
03-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Whoo hoo! Got mine today. Should get a chance to check it out Saturday, it's supposed to be 86. :D Thanks BrianM, really appreciate your work putting this together!!

Farmer Ted
03-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Brian; I'm eager to start hearing performance reports now! Maybe need a new thread on that. Will be April before I know.

These props are unbelievable! I took my 4 blade in and was told there was nothing wrong with it. Put it back on and it vibrates terribly.
Acme back on and it's a different boat.

Can't recommend them enough.

MasterMason
03-11-2005, 02:29 AM
These props are unbelievable! I took my 4 blade in and was told there was nothing wrong with it. Put it back on and it vibrates terribly.
Acme back on and it's a different boat.

Can't recommend them enough.

/thinking I might be one of the few that can get away with it, because of the boat I own.

Does It help keep it off the beach?? :eek3:

Farmer Ted
03-11-2005, 08:13 AM
/thinking I might be one of the few that can get away with it, because of the boat I own.

Does It help keep it off the beach?? :eek3:

.......fo sho

bradamerry
03-11-2005, 08:26 AM
.......fo sho
Farmer we have some extra Pantene :popcorn: !

Farmer Ted
03-11-2005, 08:27 AM
Farmer we have some extra Pantene :popcorn: !

It's all good Wildman, take a peak at MM's profile. He's a beach driver too!

Nice AVATAR by the way!

bradamerry
03-11-2005, 08:28 AM
Nice AVATAR by the way![/QUOTE]
I was waiting for you to say something.

Farmer Ted
03-11-2005, 08:34 AM
Nice AVATAR by the way!
I was waiting for you to say something.[/QUOTE]

All pay homage to :worthy: The Farmer Ted

bradamerry
03-11-2005, 09:45 AM
I was waiting for you to say something.

All pay homage to :worthy: The Farmer Ted[/QUOTE]
Now I must change it for the Duke game tonight.

Andyg
03-11-2005, 10:37 AM
I got my prop last night, wow was that fast. I ordered it on Monday and it was at my house on Thursday. Now I can't wait for the ice to melt off the lakes and get the prop on the boat. Thanks Brian for the organizing this group buy. I will definetly be letting MC now how the boat performs with the new prop.

Andyg

André
03-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Brian
Your mailbox is full
I know i'm late but i'm i TOO late to call the guy?

Cloaked
03-11-2005, 06:17 PM
Brian
Your mailbox is full
I know i'm late but i'm i TOO late to call the guy?Call him. He'll hook you up.

BrianM
03-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Sorry guys cleaned out the box. If you still want in PM me and you can still get in. At least until Big Brother shuts us down.

Andre, Yeah just give him a call.

east tx skier
03-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Brian, I'm sure you meant PM you on yahoo or some other way outside the board. Just figured I'd clarify so nobody complains.

BrianM
03-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Yeah thats correct.

André
03-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Sorry guys cleaned out the box. If you still want in PM me and you can still get in. At least until Big Brother shuts us down.

Andre, Yeah just give him a call.

Thanks!
Already did this afternoon.
Mister X wasn't there.Left a message in his mailbox!

BrianM
03-11-2005, 09:00 PM
This Group Buy on a superior prop for our beloved Mastercraft's has officially ended.
:wavey:

Thanks for all of those that participated and made this Group Buy a huge success........................................... ..

bradamerry
03-11-2005, 09:02 PM
:rant: :rant: :rant: wish I had gotten in on this now. I run an OJ.This Group Buy on a superior prop for our beloved Mastercraft's has officially ended.

Thanks for all of those that participated and made this Group Buy a huge success........................................... ..

6ballsisall
03-11-2005, 09:04 PM
This Group Buy on a superior prop for our beloved Mastercraft's has officially ended.

Be careful BrianM, someone in a black suit and sunglasses might show up at your door and come take your computer. :rolleyes:

MarkP
03-11-2005, 09:59 PM
:rant: :rant: :rant: wish I had gotten in on this now. I run an OJ.

I hear good things about the OJ cnc prop

k2mc
03-13-2005, 04:30 AM
So I chatted with the boys at said alternate prop manufacturer about options for my '04 x-10. I've only put on a couple hours so I'm still grinnin' over that new boat smell, but figured it was a good opportunity to pick up a spare prop. Their feeling is that their 14x20 does not have enough clearance with the rudder and have developed a 13.5x19.5 to bring the clearance up to about .5". They haven't put on a boat yet so I'd be the guinea pig. Any thoughts?

MarkP
03-13-2005, 08:59 AM
So I chatted with the boys at said alternate prop manufacturer about options for my '04 x-10. I've only put on a couple hours so I'm still grinnin' over that new boat smell, but figured it was a good opportunity to pick up a spare prop. Their feeling is that their 14x20 does not have enough clearance with the rudder and have developed a 13.5x19.5 to bring the clearance up to about .5". They haven't put on a boat yet so I'd be the guinea pig. Any thoughts?Sounds killer. I would go for it.

André
03-13-2005, 11:05 AM
I think OJ shouls send a new prop to Doug for a non-bias comparison.
Doug beiing a lawyer ,we all know that we gonna get the truth.
Might be expansive though...

east tx skier
03-13-2005, 11:06 PM
Uh, sorry. I've been at the lake all weekend skiing. Water was a bit chilly for Texas (59 degrees), but not crowded. Good times.

If one showed up on my doorstep, I'm sure I'd get around to testing it. But it'd have to be a 3 blade for a fair comparison. But the comparison would be fair for sure. I'm not a brand guy. If the quality is better, I'll say so and I'd switch. When I bought my prop last year, I didn't even know OJ made a CNC prop. At this point, I'm happy enough with what I have that I'm not going to pay to try something new.

OJ did a bang up job on refurbing my father-in-law's 4 blade (force) last summer that I managed to bang up. They're a good company and have been making props for a long time. But it's no secret what I'm running.

tex
03-16-2005, 02:58 PM
i got mine today-boy is she purdy!
thanks for the hook up!

86PowerSlot190MC
03-16-2005, 03:06 PM
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...................@# may be watching..........:D

Holtrodj
03-20-2005, 07:09 PM
I was reading the FAQ page at Indmar's web site and came across the following question -

QUESTION: How can I improve hole-shot and top speed performance?

ANSWER: No single propeller can deliver both optimum hole-shot and top speed performance. You will need to decide which aspect of performance is more important to you and select a propeller that is best suited for that purpose.

I guess nobody's told them about ACME...

André
07-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Had to dig deep to find that thread!
Finally installed my ACME 541 that i bought one and a half year ago!!!;)
Holeshot is way more faster then with my stock OJ Legend 13 x 13.
Quieter and smoother but no real effect on the rooster tail or the already quite flat wake my 94 leave.
Good buy!

My arms were almost rip out on the first pull.Still sore...:D

trickskier
07-18-2006, 03:14 PM
I'm interested, please contact me. Rick Copley, I have an 06 X-1

André
07-18-2006, 03:15 PM
Sorry for misleading you...It's an VERY old thread.No more group buys here...:(

east tx skier
07-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Rick, this thread is pretty old. We are no longer permitted to organize group buys on this site. If you want to organize one, it has to be done by email, which can be done by PMing BradAMerry (assuming he still has the list).

BrianM
07-18-2006, 03:17 PM
This was an old thread that Andre pulled from the grave. The deal ended April 2005. There are deals out there on the net though.

trickskier
07-18-2006, 03:17 PM
OK Thanks........

Leroy
08-28-2006, 03:34 PM
I changed to my ACME 541 this week and did not notice much difference either. Of course I did not run WOT, but on pull and such neither I or others could tell difference.

east tx skier
08-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Run it for a while and put your old prop back on there. I remember our first outing, my wife, who ordinarily wouldn't notice something minor, looked at me and said, "Wow!"

'02xrider
08-28-2006, 04:37 PM
Hey Trickskier, just curious if you purchased a different prop for your x1 yet. I've got an 02 xstar, same hull and am also looking for a new prop with better hole shot. Any luck yet?

Dawg
08-29-2006, 08:54 PM
I'm in. I went to an acme on an 86' I had and it was like a whole different ride. Need to go to a three blade on my 02 PS 209.

BlackwaterMC
08-29-2006, 08:57 PM
Count me in!!!!

André
08-29-2006, 09:03 PM
No more group buys guys,this is an old thread...Sorry!

MarkP
08-29-2006, 09:17 PM
No more group buys guys,this is an old thread...Sorry!Thread KILLER!!!!

PendO
08-29-2006, 09:20 PM
No more group buys guys,this is an old thread...Sorry!

nah, come on, I'd like a new Acme prop ... count me in :)

J/K man

André
08-29-2006, 09:22 PM
nah, come on, I'd like a new Acme prop ... count me in :)

J/K man
Fuel pump group buy maybe...?;)
Man,those things are failing at an incredible rate...:mad:

TMCNo1
08-29-2006, 11:06 PM
UMP has a Hooker Group Buy going on though. He said there was a lot of performance difference between models!

6ballsisall
08-29-2006, 11:11 PM
Hey Guys, I got the following PM from UMP today: (cut and paste)

Hey guys, I am going to do a group buy on Acme props. TMC wont' allow it posted on the site so I'll go stealth on this one. If you want in let me know what prop you want.

Anyone interested PM UMP about his new group buy. ;)

PendO
08-29-2006, 11:52 PM

Hey guys, I am going to do a group buy on Acme props. TMC wont' allow it posted on the site so I'll go stealth on this one. If you want in let me know what prop you want.

UMP check your PM, you have mail:)

Leroy
08-30-2006, 12:00 AM
I did just start going full throttle to pull up and everyone POPS out of the water now, will switch back in month or so to see if they have the same pop!

Run it for a while and put your old prop back on there. I remember our first outing, my wife, who ordinarily wouldn't notice something minor, looked at me and said, "Wow!"

erkoehler
08-30-2006, 12:03 AM
Where's the group buy? I just can't find a dealer to give me a good deal on a prop:D

Leroy
08-30-2006, 12:03 AM
I think if we would have had the group buy with OJ we would have slid under the radar.

erkoehler
08-30-2006, 12:14 AM
UMP, really you shouldn't do things like that, it isn't good for the board..:mad:

MarkP
08-30-2006, 09:50 AM
UMP, really you shouldn't do things like that, it isn't good for the board..:mad:
This is the last time I’m going to tell you!!!

GET OFF HIS BACK!!!!http://www.thecatarena.com/forum/images/smilies/geez.jpg

6ballsisall
08-30-2006, 10:55 AM
This is the last time I’m going to tell you!!!

GET OFF HIS BACK!!!!http://www.thecatarena.com/forum/images/smilies/geez.jpg

Erk listen to the seniors on the board. Don't make Mark leave PA and open a can on your arse in IL!!!

erkoehler
08-30-2006, 11:55 AM
Sorry:o

Mark, you going to show up to Mag Mania?

Ric
08-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Ump, call me, I'm in for the ho's and the props.....

MarkP
08-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Ump, call me, I'm in forhttp://www.ourladieslounge.com/forums/images/smilies/Banane01.gif the ho's and the props.....I think erk is running it now....http://www.ourladieslounge.com/forums/images/smilies/Banane13.gif

Ric
08-30-2006, 01:06 PM
I think erk is running it now....http://www.ourladieslounge.com/forums/images/smilies/Banane13.gif Chicago Mastercraft does Group Buys?!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-30-2006, 01:47 PM
oh hardee har har har guys. the ol' group buy joke again.......:noface: :rolleyes:

For the record, I am NOT organizing any group buy on ANYTHING. YOu people can STOP sending me PM's. :mad:

Ric
08-30-2006, 01:48 PM
oh hardee har har har guys. the ol' group buy joke again.......:noface: :rolleyes:

For the record, I am NOT organizing any group buy on ANYTHING. YOu people can STOP sending me PM's. :mad: Officially, UMP is not doing group buys. But he does know a guy...

Leroy
08-30-2006, 01:50 PM
Shucks and I was getting ready to PM UMP for another prop!

Ric
08-30-2006, 01:54 PM
Shucks and I was getting ready to PM UMP for another prop! Well I did say "officially" now if you were to talk to ump privately, there may be a deal to be had

6ballsisall
08-30-2006, 02:09 PM

For the record, I am NOT organizing any group buy on ANYTHING. YOu people can STOP sending me PM's. :mad:

Good reply there UMP. That outta keep the man off your back on your group buy.....oh SH&& I slipped! I mean thanks for clarifying your....ahem... position on the group buy.

Edit: UMP, check your PM for my order. ;)

08-30-2006, 02:38 PM
I aint joking here man. I am getting PM's from people about this prop thing. :mad: I am not going to reply to them, so dont send them. I am not organizing any group buy in front of or behind the scenes. I never have organized any group buy. We have went through this BS before. :rolleyes: So there!:mad:

6ballsisall
08-30-2006, 02:50 PM
I aint joking here man. I am getting PM's from people about this prop thing. :mad: I am not going to reply to them, so dont send them. I am not organizing any group buy in front of or behind the scenes. I never have organized any group buy. We have went through this BS before. :rolleyes: So there!:mad:

Good reply UMP. Your doing a great job keeping the powers guessing. ;)

Hey do you think Acme makes a prop for a bayliner?

MarkP
08-30-2006, 03:50 PM
I aint joking here man. I am getting PM's from people about this prop thing. :mad: I am not going to reply to them, so dont send them. I am not organizing any group buy in front of or behind the scenes. I never have organized any group buy. We have went through this BS before. :rolleyes: So there!:mad:KEEP IT UP< UMP!http://www.thecatarena.com/forum/images/smilies/beware.gif!!

6ballsisall
08-30-2006, 04:14 PM
UMP I'll take 3 more please. ;) Thanks for putting this GB together. :cool:

rick s.
08-30-2006, 04:41 PM
hey UMP, I'll take one too!

michael freeman
08-30-2006, 06:02 PM
UMP, I interested as well.

LakePirate
08-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Wow, I should have looked in over here sooner.

I wondered why this thread was back on top.

UMP PM at ya!

08-30-2006, 06:40 PM
ha ha ha guys. this group buy joke was funny the first time around, but its not anymore.

real funny signature line there JR.

Ric
08-31-2006, 01:06 AM
seriously yall, ump may have known some people but do not privately contact him.... There are no group buys allowed here.

Leroy
08-31-2006, 01:21 AM
I'm casting my vote to UMP as another Moderator. With Mod power you can take care of business there sheriff.......:)

ha ha ha guys. this group buy joke was funny the first time around, but its not anymore.

real funny signature line there JR.

MarkP
08-31-2006, 01:56 AM
I talked to ump on the phone tonight and he was telling me about “incentives” and some sort of GM group buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ric
08-31-2006, 10:29 AM
Do NOT send a private message to Upper Michigan Prostar190 regarding group buys

MarkP
08-31-2006, 11:06 AM
Do NOT send a private message to Upper Michigan Prostar190 regarding group buys:rolleyes: ;)

6ballsisall
08-31-2006, 11:11 AM
I talked to ump on the phone tonight and he was telling me about “incentives” and some sort of GM group buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man UMP is a busy feller! :D PM coming shortly on this one UMP.

08-31-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm casting my vote to UMP as another Moderator. With Mod power you can take care of business there sheriff.......:)
Great! having me as a mod here would be like putting Bozo the clown in charge of a pie fight. :rolleyes: :D

MarkP
08-31-2006, 11:39 AM
Great! having me as a mod here would be like putting Bozo the clown in charge of a pie fight. :rolleyes: :DTRUE THAT!:popcorn:

6ballsisall
08-31-2006, 11:47 AM
TRUE THAT!:popcorn:

TRUE THAT?????????? What the He&& Mark???!!! Is that PA talk?????

Come on brutha!!! It's TRU DAT!!!!

MarkP
08-31-2006, 12:36 PM
TRUE THAT?????????? What the He&& Mark???!!! Is that PA talk?????

Come on brutha!!! It's TRU DAT!!!!
Thanks for straightening me out on that.. I was just trying to fit in with you guys.http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/images/smilies/stooges.gif.

Ric
08-31-2006, 05:40 PM
The rumors are not true. no matter what you heard, UMP is not doing a group buy on acme propellers

Doug G
08-31-2006, 05:47 PM
Since there is no GB ;) ;) I guess I won't bother saying I need one too. If there was to be a resale of discounted props obtained as the result of a volume purchase by one individual, (that's not really a GB just free enterprise right?) I might be intereseted however. :cool:

P.S. How come there isn't a poll about this? UMP would have started one by now!

Dan K
08-31-2006, 05:49 PM
It is called Cooperative Procurement. We are not allowed to do group buys here.

Ric
08-31-2006, 06:00 PM
just don't tell anybody that ump is the one doing it
from herein, we will use the code word titsiefly

08-31-2006, 06:02 PM
Thanks for straightening me out on that.. I was just trying to fit in with you guys.http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/images/smilies/stooges.gif.

Everyone wants to sit with the Cool guys at lunch and recess. :cool:

Ric
08-31-2006, 06:04 PM
just don't tell anybody that ump is the one doing it
from herein, we will use the code word titsiefly just use the code titsiefly in the subject line of the message when you don't contact ump

08-31-2006, 06:05 PM
Isnt there somekind of secret handshake too Ric? :uglyhamme

Ric
08-31-2006, 06:12 PM
not that I know of buddy?????

michael freeman
08-31-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm curious, since we have a few MC dealers as members, would it be legal to organize a mass buy through one of them of props (acme or OJ), or other items that are sold by MC dealers?

Although the mark down may not be as much, (i.e., to cover their expenses and some profit) they are set up to distribute products and may value this as a business/customer building experience.

I know I have bought items through www.mymastercraft.com and received extremely good customer service. That experience will lead to future sales to myself, thus mymastercraft will profit from future business.

Of course mass buys can also be a pain in the neck so they may not wish to sign up to the task, or may not be able to sale items below a set price due to agreements with the manufacturer.

Anyway, I was just curious.

Leroy
08-31-2006, 07:53 PM
That sounds good Michael, but still causes problems where one or few dealers could have group buy and cover customers all over the country. THere just isn't a good way to do it on here. There are other sites where they allow group buys but you have to trust them.

I like the group buys and wish we could keep doing them but I don't see a way around MC concerns.

PendO
08-31-2006, 08:21 PM
Matt Lienart missed the group buy:(

Footin
08-31-2006, 09:48 PM
I need a gb on Perfectpass, I plan on getting wakeboard pro soon.

Ric
09-01-2006, 12:16 AM
Dealers don't know about what the ump is cookin if you guys keep it on the downlow

Ric
09-01-2006, 12:36 AM
I tell ya what, I am getting tired of all of you messaging me about the group buys!!! You know that I am not the contact for that stuff.

MarkP
09-01-2006, 09:11 AM
I need a gb on Perfectpass, I plan on getting wakeboard pro soon.Just let UMP know!!

6ballsisall
09-01-2006, 09:28 AM
UMP you sure are doing a good job on all these group buys!! How you keeping track of all of them????

How many people you think would get in on a GB for a superhero uniform like yours??? :D

09-01-2006, 09:42 AM
UMP you sure are doing a good job on all these group buys!! How you keeping track of all of them????

How many people you think would get in on a GB for a superhero uniform like yours??? :D
There is only ONE superhero uniform like mine!:D

MarkP
09-01-2006, 10:06 AM
There is only ONE superhero uniform like mine!:D
That’s right UMP!!!
Has got to be something special about you!!http://www.ourladieslounge.com/forums/images/smilies/superhero.gif!

Ric
09-01-2006, 11:36 AM
I wish the rest of you would get on board with me. There are not group buys and ump knows nothing about the group buys

MarkP
09-01-2006, 12:10 PM
I wish the rest of you would get on board with me. There are not group buys and ump knows nothing about the group buysDo you need help Ric?

Ric
09-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Do you need help Ric? do not contact ump if you want a deal on HO skis or ACME props

6ballsisall
09-01-2006, 12:13 PM
do not contact ump if you want a deal on HO skis or ACME props

Just Perfect Pass then?:D