PDA

View Full Version : Cash Rewards ????

PendO
08-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Okay, so the "cash rewards" packet has been mailed back and I have online confirmation that is has been recieved in Dallas, TX ...

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered DALLAS TX 75238 08/08/07 4:12pm

Notice Left DALLAS TX 75238 08/07/07 8:22am

Acceptance SPOKANE WA 99205 08/03/07 12:23pm

So, I am sure this will be an insighful thread to others who wonder ... "does it really work" Stay tuned to see if it really does as I have been wondering the same thing for the past 3 years ...

Leroy
08-08-2007, 11:33 PM
I'm all eyes and ears!

Hope it works out for you. Heck of a deal if it does!

milkmania
08-09-2007, 01:36 AM
are you speaking of the $5K rebate mentioned in this thread?
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=13963&highlight=window

PendO
08-09-2007, 02:32 AM
simmilar milk, but this one is for 10K

TheOneandOnly
08-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Good luck, I hope it works for you! What kind of reminders did you use?

PendO
09-20-2007, 06:55 PM
well, its September 20th, still no check, no letter, no nuthin' ... guess it is more wait and see ...

JohnnyB
09-20-2007, 07:03 PM
What did you buy at a 10K rebate?

PendO
09-20-2007, 07:47 PM
What did you buy at a 10K rebate?

I didn't buy it ... my dad bought an Xstar 3 years ago ... and since I work for/with him, I get to handle business and personal transactions (i.e. cash rewards paperwork) ... I have no vested interest in the 10K (other than that my kids will get more toys and clothes than they can already fit in the closets/garage)

Pendo

TheOneandOnly
09-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Did you try to call them? Im really intrested into seeing if this is all a sales bluff for mastercraft. It does seem wierd since they (MC) will not guarantee anything even if you follow all the rules hence to me smells a little fishy...

Roonie's
09-20-2007, 09:56 PM
well, its September 20th, still no check, no letter, no nuthin' ... guess it is more wait and see ...

I would be very suprised if you heard anything. I am interested on the outcome of this. The whole thing doesn't seem right so keep us posted.

PendO
09-21-2007, 07:15 AM
Did you try to call them? ...

that's the thing, there is no phone number to call ... I'm a glass half empty kinda guy so I expect the shaft on this one, my dad keeps thinking it will come, but I am getting more skeptical as the days go by ...

Leroy
09-21-2007, 09:09 AM
I'm pulling for you Pendo, I thought at least as one of the early entrants like you would receive it.

The lack of public information scared me when I looked before.

bstrom-tt
09-21-2007, 09:57 AM
I went to www.cashrewardsinc.com website and this is the phone number they listed. (214) 574-4100. I have helped my local dealer at boats shows in years past and we have had this promotion a couple times, I'd REALLY like to know if it truly works. (I wouldn't like the thought that I may have unintentionally led customers down the wrong path)

Good luck.

jkski
09-21-2007, 10:44 AM
For what it is worth....
I had the opportunity over the past week/weekend to meet the people from "Cash Rewards" as well as talk with many of the MC dealers who have chosen to take part in the program. From everyone I spoke with, they are having great success with it and are indeed handing out checks on a regular basis. I will admit that I myself do not know all of the ins and outs of the program, however, it appears that if you follow the rules, you will receive "Up To $10k".

Leroy
09-21-2007, 11:36 AM
JKSki; Key is the percent they expect to payout. Did they indicate the percent they expect to payout to?

jkski
09-21-2007, 12:24 PM
I did ask that question and the response was 17%. This is actually better than the typical "rebate" offers we all run across in our everyday lives. The other thing that I found very interesting is that you do not need to own the boat when the reward comes in. I "typically" go through one boat per season and figured that this type of reward did not apply since I would not own the boat for the full 3 year period, however, that is not the case.
Again, many of the dealers have chosen to offer this and have had very satisfied customers, however, I am sure that there are a lot of questions asked along the way.

PendO
09-25-2007, 06:03 PM
called an 800# today

800-217-5228

They did not show it in their system as processed yet, and said it is taking 8-10 weeks from time of delivery (so I guess mid october is the anticipated process date) and either way they allegedly send you a letter saying congrats or you effed-it-up :) So, I will continue to wait and see.

PendO
10-25-2007, 03:32 PM
called the same 800# today, they told me it is taking 90 days to redeem ... so call back in another week or so ...

mtrask
11-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Ok All. We recieved our 10k last week. We were of the many that were anxious, skeptical, positively absolutely concerned we would never revieve our 10k. Like everything said-follow the rules and it shall come true. It did it works. I have the 10k check in my hands right now. This program actually works.
I will write in on the whole schedule events on a later thread.

Good Luck to all and Pendo. It takes a little while, but have faith my friend it works!!

Leroy
11-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Good to hear. I was really skeptical!

milkmania
11-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Ok All. We recieved our 10k last week. We were of the many that were anxious, skeptical, positively absolutely concerned we would never revieve our 10k. Like everything said-follow the rules and it shall come true. It did it works. I have the 10k check in my hands right now. This program actually works.
I will write in on the whole schedule events on a later thread.

Good Luck to all and Pendo. It takes a little while, but have faith my friend it works!!

Hey everybody!!!!!

Drinks are on mtrask:woohoo:

Monte
11-08-2007, 11:30 PM
I just don't get it?? Of course I don't make payments on a boat, but if I did.. Why not negotiate for the 10k of at the front end and YOU earn the interest off the 10k.....??????

Leroy
11-09-2007, 12:11 AM
My understanding, the deal doesn't depend on payments, but offers $10k at the end of 3 years and costs the dealer maybe $1-$2K. Getting 1-2k at closing doesn't mean much, but getting $10k is real money and more return on your money than possible with normal investments. However you have to follow the "rules". The only way for this to work is that many people do not follow the rules. It's somewhat like coupons, the store won't just take $0.50 off every sale of an item, but with a coupon and on Wednesday they will double it and take $1.00 off.

I just don't get it?? Of course I don't make payments on a boat, but if I did.. Why not negotiate for the 10k of at the front end and YOU earn the interest off the 10k.....??????

Monte
11-09-2007, 12:22 AM
My understanding, the deal doesn't depend on payments, but offers $10k at the end of 3 years and costs the dealer maybe $1-$2K. Getting 1-2k at closing doesn't mean much, but getting $10k is real money and more return on your money than possible with normal investments. However you have to follow the "rules". The only way for this to work is that many people do not follow the rules. It's somewhat like coupons, the store won't just take $0.50 off every sale of an item, but with a coupon and on Wednesday they will double it and take $1.00 off.

SO is it a check or a COUpun?:rolleyes: Leroy.. no offense intended, but now I'm really confused..

Here's what I got.. 10K at the end of 3 years, but you have to go to a sale on Wednsday to get a dollar off where you should get fifty cents any other day?

Leroy
11-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Monte; YOu are too much! I think for you it will be Monopoly money! Twenty bright yellow $500 bills :)

Mtrask said check I'm pretty sure. I am still very skeptical of this deal, but glad to see someone finally get a check.....

SO is it a check or a COUpun?:rolleyes: Leroy.. no offense intended, but now I'm really confused..

Here's what I got.. 10K at the end of 3 years, but you have to go to a sale on Wednsday to get a dollar off where you should get fifty cents any other day?

milkmania
11-09-2007, 10:31 AM
called an 800# today

800-217-5228

They did not show it in their system as processed yet, and said it is taking 8-10 weeks from time of delivery (so I guess mid october is the anticipated process date) and either way they allegedly send you a letter saying congrats or you effed-it-up :) So, I will continue to wait and see.

anything yet???

Datdude
11-09-2007, 06:37 PM
What are these "rules" that you have to follow? I am very confused:confused:

TX.X-30 fan
11-09-2007, 06:51 PM
What are these "rules" that you have to follow? I am very confused:confused:

The only rule I know for sure is you have to be gullible. :D

Hey don't you need to actually own a boat to post on here. :confused: 8p

mtrask
11-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Hey everybody!!!!!

Drinks are on mtrask:woohoo:
Jaysus is already got me down for the 10k winterization. Can probably get Jaysus down to $9500 on that and go out and get some drinks. How many are comin? May have to get Jaysus down further right??

BrianM
11-09-2007, 07:43 PM
A quck Google search brings up the Cash Rewards site. All you need to know.
http://www.cashrewardsinc.com/how_cash_rewards_works.html

BrianM
11-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Digging into the site a bit here is how it works from a dealer perspective. The dealer pays a one time fee of $2500 to be a member of Cash Rewards. They then have the ability to offer Cash Rewards of between $1,000 and $10,000 to their customers. The dealer pays 17.5% the Cash Reward amount. You collect the Cash Reward 36 months later.

So bottom line is it does cost you as a consumer something. In theory if the dealer is offering a $10k Cash Reward they should be willing to make a $1750 better deal to you if you do not wish to take part in the program.

Directly from their FAQ

How is this possible? Where does the money come from?

When you are issued a Cash Reward from a participating Cash Reward merchant, they are paying for your participation in the program with money they’ve redirected from their advertising and marketing budget. That money sits in a pool and it is paid out of this same pool on a monthly basis to certificate holders who properly redeem their Cash Reward. Although Cash Rewards is not an insurance product or an investment, it does make payouts much the same way an insurance company does – from the premiums (Cash Rewards certificate purchases) of its customers.
How can the fund stay solvent?

Insurance, coupon and rebate programs like Cash Rewards work on the concept of “breakage:” not everyone who pays into the program follows the steps to collect on it. For example, the entire pool of an insurance fund contributes to the fund, but not everyone has an accident; health insurers collect from all the insured but pay out only to those who need medical services. The difference between what is paid in and what is paid out - the “breakage” - is what makes it possible for the companies to pay legitimate claims and still stay in business.
Banks and many other large institutions also count on breakage. Some examples or where unclaimed money exists are unclaimed bank account balances, lottery winnings, PMI mortgage premiums, etc. – the list is huge. In all these cases, the unclaimed money remains in the fund and it is used to pay for future claims, winnings and redemptions. Did you know that the IRS is holding $2.5 million in unclaimed tax refunds for calendar year 1999 alone?

mtrask
11-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Digging into the site a bit here is how it works from a dealer perspective. The dealer pays a one time fee of $2500 to be a member of Cash Rewards. They then have the ability to offer Cash Rewards of between $1,000 and $10,000 to their customers. The dealer pays 17.5% the Cash Reward amount. You collect the Cash Reward 36 months later.

So bottom line is it does cost you as a consumer something. In theory if the dealer is offering a $10k Cash Reward they should be willing to make a $1750 better deal to you if you do not wish to take part in the program.

Directly from their FAQ
Knowing what I know now--I would go with the risk!! $1750 sounds ok. I truely feel I got the best deal on my first boat and the one I just got-the X-14. Both cases the dealers offered Cash Rewards to me in the end of the deal. If I could discuss the numbers I believe all would agree I have been treated very fare by NEFWM before they offered me Cash Rewards. Bottom line is NEFWM works hard for there customers. Proven time and time with us.

JohnE
11-09-2007, 08:17 PM
I'll have a Jack and Soda. On Jaysus. Or MTrask. I'm a bit confused, but I'm sure the drink will clear my head.:D

I thought the cash was after 3 years. How did you get it in 7 months? $10K now for $1700 in May seems like a good deal.

Congratulations. That is a big chunk of change.

Go Pats.;)

mtrask
11-09-2007, 08:29 PM
I'll have a Jack and Soda. On Jaysus. Or MTrask. I'm a bit confused, but I'm sure the drink will clear my head.:D

I thought the cash was after 3 years. How did you get it in 7 months? $10K now for $1700 in May seems like a good deal.

Congratulations. That is a big chunk of change.

Go Pats.;)
Cash was on my PS209 from 03-04.
Thanks cool get or find as far as I am concerned!!

Pats no game this weekend Sunday will be !@#$

JohnE
11-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Cash was on my PS209 from 03-04.
Thanks cool get or find as far as I am concerned!!

Pats no game this weekend Sunday will be !@#$

That explains it.

Pats comment was sort of in response to the NFL thread.;)

Check it out.

TheOneandOnly
11-09-2007, 09:45 PM

Directly from their FAQ

I took the 2k off the boat, better to see something then nothing

Datdude
11-10-2007, 01:38 PM
Hey don't you need to actually own a boat to post on here. :confused:

That hurt:mad: :rolleyes: :D

André
11-10-2007, 02:41 PM
I think i can help you.
There's this guy called Erk...;)

TX.X-30 fan
11-11-2007, 06:50 PM

Feel the love brother!!! :D

sand2snow22
11-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Process checks in 45-60 days, it's been longer than 60 days? Pendo, have you checked with Alpine Haus? My dealer says sometimes they mail the checks to him?

Okay, so the "cash rewards" packet has been mailed back and I have online confirmation that is has been recieved in Dallas, TX ...

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered DALLAS TX 75238 08/08/07 4:12pm

Notice Left DALLAS TX 75238 08/07/07 8:22am

Acceptance SPOKANE WA 99205 08/03/07 12:23pm

So, I am sure this will be an insighful thread to others who wonder ... "does it really work" Stay tuned to see if it really does as I have been wondering the same thing for the past 3 years ...

PendO
11-19-2007, 04:34 PM
tick ... tock ... tick ... tock ... nada in the mail as of today, but I will let you know if/when ... my limited understanding is that the cash rewards people find out when I find out as the ITPA is the one that takes a while to complete the transaction ... my money is on the dealer effin' up the paperwork on their end ... my dad is an optimist so ht thinks that the ITPA is just really slow ... I guess I could give them a call again ...

/// called them today, they said it is taking 90 days (guess that the clock resets after each time you call) ... whatever ;)

sand2snow22
11-19-2007, 04:48 PM
It's says 45-60 days on their website. Sue them for false advertising :D

TX.X-30 fan
11-19-2007, 05:56 PM
tick ... tock ... tick ... tock ... nada in the mail as of today, but I will let you know if/when ... my limited understanding is that the cash rewards people find out when I find out as the ITPA is the one that takes a while to complete the transaction ... my money is on the dealer effin' up the paperwork on their end ... my dad is an optimist so ht thinks that the ITPA is just really slow ... I guess I could give them a call again ...

/// called them today, they said it is taking 90 days (guess that the clock resets after each time you call) ... whatever ;)

I am astounded!!!!! :D ;)

PendO
12-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Called today ... 4 months 3 days since I mailed in the paperwork ... the lady said they are just now sending out the checks/letters for July ... and ours was August ... so it is still being processed ... seriously feel like they must have somebody looking at these with a fine tooth comb to find some reason not to pay out ... anyway ... I guess we will see if it makes it by new years day ...

sand2snow22
12-06-2007, 02:55 PM
I guess we will see if it makes it by new years day ...

At least by Christmas would be nice :D

TheOneandOnly
12-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Where do you have to ship this stuff to some foreign country, I wonder if they can read english. There probably hopeing you will forget and if you bug enough and do everything properly they'll pay. Then again is there anything stating you will forsurely get 10k if eveything is done properly..

I'll still keep to the money off in the beginning since Im still errie on this...