PDA

View Full Version : Moscow, Russia

Skibumtx
08-07-2007, 11:21 PM
Are there any TeamTalkers in Moscow, I'm heading there in late September and thought it would be great to ski while I am there. Used to have a freind that worked in the US Embassy in Nigeria, that was the best place to ski, lots of calm water on one side and huge waves on the other side.

callawaybros
08-13-2007, 08:12 PM
I just got back from Moscow, and spotted a ski lake across from the Titanic Modern Cinema Complex in Krasnogorsk, which is a suburb next to Moscow. There are also a few ski clubs in and around Moscow. I will try to find there info and get back to you.
By the way, bring some dark shades, the scenery is absolutely stunning!
Some pics from our trip are at:
www.MySpace.com/CallawayBrothersFilms
click on my pics under the movie poster

Skibumtx
08-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks, I will have to check into that lake. Congrads on the award and advancing to Milan. Now that will be a great trip.

I'm trying to figure out what river you did the skiing/movie on; the Colorado somewhere would be my guess. Was one of the barefooters Paul Stokes? Looked like him in one of the photos.

callawaybros
08-15-2007, 11:40 PM
Thanks, I will have to check into that lake. Congrads on the award and advancing to Milan. Now that will be a great trip.

I'm trying to figure out what river you did the skiing/movie on; the Colorado somewhere would be my guess. Was one of the barefooters Paul Stokes? Looked like him in one of the photos.

I would love to film Stokes, but the Barefooters in the movie were Mike Siepel, Gary "The Wildman" Hickson, Phil and Erica Gustaphson (sp), Phil Damuth and a few others. You ever find yourself in Texas, and I'll take you there, but it is not the Colorado.

tex
08-15-2007, 11:49 PM
Gavin-How is Craig doing?

Skibumtx
08-16-2007, 08:17 AM
I actually live in Houston, Paul's parents were my neighbors a awhile back, just not sure what he is doing these days.

You've got me curious about this spot, can you give me more info on where it is?

tex
08-16-2007, 11:43 AM
Paul is a good friend of mine. He's back up in Cheeseland with the family. He has his own business.

http://www.stokessports.com/store/featured.php

Skibumtx
08-16-2007, 02:51 PM
What no water skis at this shop??????

Oh, that's right, he never used them anyways!

You still haven't revealed the secret location . . .

callawaybros
08-18-2007, 12:38 AM
Paul is a good friend of mine. He's back up in Cheeseland with the family. He has his own business.

http://www.stokessports.com/store/featured.php

Craig is doing fine! He is wanting to buy a house in Rockwall ASAP, but I am reeling him to wait a few months to pick up a deal/foreclosure. He is jet setting around the US coaching and getting ready to do his annual coaching gig in the UK.
How about you?

callawaybros
08-18-2007, 12:40 AM
I have to plead the 5th on the public airways. But I can hook you up off the record.

Skibumtx
08-18-2007, 09:02 AM
My sources have already provided me with the info, have ordered the film, can't wait to see it.

atlfootr
09-12-2007, 08:08 PM
What no water skis at this shop??????
Oh, that's right, he never used them anyways!:o He doesn't even have any barefoot gear ... WAETI