PDA

View Full Version : What is the ACC 1 Switch for?

boofer
08-05-2007, 09:34 PM
I have a 2005 X-2. The ACC 2 switch on the dash I know is for a heater, but what is the purpose of the ACC 1 switch?

JimN
08-05-2007, 09:44 PM
You can use that for whatever you want, as long as it won't exceed the current rating of the switch. If it does, just use the switch to trigger a relay. The Bosch or Potter & Brumfeld style will generally handle 30 Amps.

boofer
08-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Thanks JimN. I noticed that it is a Carling switch. It has 3 wires, 2 power and one ground. Do you know if these wires just terminate to bare ends under the dash? I would look myself, but my head feels like poopy (sick with a cold).

JimN
08-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Usually, they have a harness in black split-loom, with butt connectors on the wires and a vinyl tag that indicates what it's for, like Stereo, Accy 1, Accy 2, etc. I don't know of many other boat companies that do it this way.

boofer
08-06-2007, 07:56 PM
I just had some minor brain activity, lol. At least one of the power leads and the ground are connected since the light in the switch turns on. I know that you replied to a thread about using this switch for a tower speaker ON/OFF switch. These two threads are unrelated.

I am familiar with the labeling and it is not 100% accurate. When we first got our boat the anchor light and the water temp would not work. I found that the water temp was plugged into the anchor light wire and vice-versa. So, the wring labels helped me sort it all out. But, I installed a depth finder and there are 3 wires labeled "Depth Finder" that have nothing to do with the depth finder. Good and bad.

trickskier
08-06-2007, 08:01 PM
On my 06 X-1, the ACC1 wires are labeled shower. I used the switch for my tower lights.

JimN
08-06-2007, 08:02 PM
You'll want to verify that the lead has 12Vdc on it when the switch is on, but it'll work fine for turning an amp on or latching a speaker relay.

WTRSK1R
08-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Actually 2 out of 3 of the those wires labeled Depth Finder are actually power for the factory Depth Finder control module. I added it after the fact and the factory installation instruction had me connect the power there. No clue what the 3rd wire is for.

Steve

WTRSK1R
08-06-2007, 08:42 PM
One other thing. I do not have an ACC 1 or ACC 2 switch. When my dealer added my Shower and my Heater, they replaced both switches. The place where ACC1 would have been is now a switch labeled Shower, and the place where ACC2 would have been is now a switch labeled heater. So....that is just one example of what you might control with those switches, but since the dealer did the install they replaced the switch with the factory labeled switches.