PDA

View Full Version : riding in a boat while pregant

rodltg2
08-04-2007, 03:17 PM
i know someone who is in her early stages of pregnancy and want to go out in the boat. she hasnt had the chance to ask her doctor yet if its ok. obvioulsy i'd want to keep the bumps to a minimum, but what are your thoughts on this. is it safe??

André
08-04-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm sure many members wifes have been on boat while pregnant,maybe even skiing but that's really a question for her doctor.

kpickett
08-04-2007, 03:27 PM
i know someone who is in her early stages of pregnancy and want to go out in the boat. she hasnt had the chance to ask her doctor yet if its ok. obvioulsy i'd want to keep the bumps to a minimum, but what are your thoughts on this. is it safe??

Hey Rod,

Last year, when my wife was pregnant, we did a lot of boating. It turned out that our OB is a skier, so Alice asked him a lot of questions at her first appointment. He did write her a prescription for a Ski Nautique, because he said it would be a smoother ride than our MC!

Actually, it's not a big deal, but he said keep the bumping to a minimum. Alice took a couple big pillows out with her, one for behind her back and another to sit on, and that helped, too.

Skiing is a different matter - he advised her not to, not because of the falls, but because of the possibility of getting lake water up inside.

Talk to you later,
Kyle

rodltg2
08-04-2007, 03:30 PM
hey thanks kyle.

my wakeboard boat rides very well in rough water so we should be okay. we already ruled out swimming for that same reason. i juts dont want any misfortune to come of it.

Leroy
08-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Congrats Rod!

I would guess everyone has had their prego wife in the boat, skiing is definitely not recommended. Definitely doctors advise is all I would go by as there may be other circumstances.

Roonie's
08-04-2007, 03:51 PM
My wife and I went out on our boat while she was in her last part of pregnant in some rough water. Not a good idea as it started pre-term labor and she had to go to hospital to have it stopped. Too much bouncing around. If it is flat water I see no problem with it. Everybody is different.

sand2snow22
08-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Agreed, my wife is pregnant and she hasn't been on the boat since month 4. We looked it up and asked the doc, finding it's OK as long as it's not in rough water, the worst being high speed rough water.

Congrats Rod, your little swimmers wasted no time !! ;)

rodltg2
08-04-2007, 04:23 PM
why do guys think its my wife??

tex
08-04-2007, 04:28 PM
How about a thread about getting pregnant in a boat?

TMCNo1
08-04-2007, 05:06 PM
I keep asking the wife to try and get me pregnant so I can see what it's like to ride in the boat, but.....................................:rolleyes: :D

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Rod, are you procreating????:confused:

Footin
08-04-2007, 06:27 PM
why do guys think its my wife??

How did this happen?

08-04-2007, 11:12 PM
So, Rod, whats the deal?? are you sending your DNA into the future or what??? :popcorn:

Hoosier Bob
08-04-2007, 11:19 PM
See below!!

Hoosier Bob
08-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Relax Rod! As long as you are careful you should be fine. Do not over exert yourself and make sure to keep up with your PN Vitamins. No heavy lifting and for awhile abstenance should be followed. Obviously no shortline for awhile. Avoid huge wakes and try not to let your emotions get the best of you. Lord knows this will be an emotional time. Plan for the weight gain and also realize you are still a very sexy person! You are eating for two now. Take care and congratulations!:o

08-04-2007, 11:35 PM
Relax Rod! As long as you are careful you should be fine. Do not over exert yourself and make sure to keep up with your PN Vitamins. No heavy lifting and for awhile abstenance should be followed. Obviously no shortline for awhile. Avoid huge wakes and try not to let your emotions get the best of you. Lord knows this will be an emotional time. Plan for the weight gain and also realize you are still a very sexy person! You are eating for two now. Take care and congratulations!:o
Hoosier, do you have some type of fetish for pregnant men???????

Hoosier Bob
08-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Starting a website right as we speak!:o Hoosier, do you have some type of fetish for pregnant men???????

08-04-2007, 11:42 PM
Starting a website right as we speak!:o
Your such a ground breaker HB, I admire you more than a fat guy in a speedo. 8p ;)

6ballsisall
08-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Rod is like the question you are asking for "a friend"???? ;)

My wife rode in the boat up until she was about 7 months w/ our first daughter. We took it easy and in rough water either didn't go out or plowed thru it at a really slow speed. I don't think it's overly dangerous for the baby (as long as your not going thru ocean chop at speed) but I think it's uncomfortable for the mommy.

east tx skier
08-05-2007, 12:35 PM

Our doctor said it wouldn't be a problem, but doctors' opinions will vary most likely. Definitely watch the rollers and slow down to avoid any uncomfortable bumps.

My wife was driving into her eight month. She was landbound for the ninth. No skiing or boarding throughout the pregnancy for her though.

08-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Rod, spills those beans. spill em. :popcorn:

tex
08-05-2007, 01:36 PM
My wife loved bat turns while pregnant. Wait, that was how she got pregnant.

08-05-2007, 02:00 PM
My wife loved bat turns while pregnant. Wait, that was how she got pregnant.
Far out! I would like to see THAT in a Jenna Jameson movie.

tex
08-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Ump-Cue the music!~

08-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Ump-Cue the music!~
Boom Chicka boump bowwww, boom biirrrrrr!!!!!

Boom Chicka boump bowwww, boom biirrrrrr!!!!!

boom, chicka da duntttt piiiiiiirrrrr ba da dunt da dunt da da da da da dowwwww....

Hoosier Bob
08-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Bat turns or wings?:o My wife loved bat turns while pregnant. Wait, that was how she got pregnant.

tex
08-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Bat turns or wings?:o
Turns or Spinners!

Maristar210
08-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Nipple tassels?

08-05-2007, 06:16 PM
alright kiddies, keep it clean. next thing I know, yoos guys will be saying fart and laughing histarically like a 5 yr old. :D

tex
08-05-2007, 06:34 PM
fart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

08-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Come on guys get over to that tim mcgraw thread and get political!!!!:D

Slinkyredfoot
08-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Pregnant you say? Well look here, my daughter and a freind...does it look like they are concerned?? My daughter would kill me so please don't let her know I posted this pic....;)

Hoosier Bob
08-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Steve, I take full responsibility! Love you DAD! Great looking daughter and I hope to be a great son in law! Can I use the boat this weekend DAD?8p Pregnant you say? Well look here, my daughter and a freind...does it look like they are concerned?? My daughter would kill me so please don't let her know I posted this pic....;)

6ballsisall
08-05-2007, 10:29 PM
You sure get around HB! My newborn daughter sure looks like you! She got the glimmer in her eye when I opened this Coors Light can. Wierd I tell ya........8p

08-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Steve, I take full responsibility! Love you DAD! Great looking daughter and I hope to be a great son in law! Can I use the boat this weekend DAD?8p
wow, that was fast!! he just gives Lisa the boot, and now heis hooked up with SLinkys daughter.....:confused: ;)

Hoosier Bob
08-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Be happy as UMP and Stevo were right after me! She was a trooper however and made it all the way to the Hammock!;) You sure get around HB! My newborn daughter sure looks like you! She got the glimmer in her eye when I opened this Coors Light can. Wierd I tell ya........8p

6ballsisall
08-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Be happy as UMP and Stevo were right after me! She was a trooper however and made it all the way to the Hammock!;)

Thats my woman!! :love: :love: :love:

08-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Be happy as UMP and Stevo were right after me! She was a trooper however and made it all the way to the Hammock!;)
I was after you when??? I think you got me mistaken. I was with Lisa. :o

Hoosier Bob
08-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Lock your doors and windows! A brother has to eat and I am hungry!;) Went out tonight and had a BLAST! Man I know 27 should not seem young but HOT, YES THEY WERE! Only so much Hoosier but I try!:D wow, that was fast!! he just gives Lisa the boot, and now heis hooked up with SLinkys daughter.....:confused: ;)

08-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Lock your doors and windows! A brother has to eat and I am hungry!;) Went out tonight and had a BLAST! Man I know 27 should not seem young but HOT, YES THEY WERE! Only so much Hoosier but I try!:D
tuff when your 50 and they are 27 hey????

6ballsisall
08-05-2007, 10:36 PM
wow, that was fast!! he just gives Lisa the boot, and now heis hooked up with SLinkys daughter.....:confused: ;)

Hey UMP doesn't the Ms. UMP work in Indy alot????

ah....it's probably nothing.......8p

Hoosier Bob
08-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Not on me! It may be on them! Call me Daddy!8p Jeff you have a great woman there and I know cause I have had that great woman on a few occasions! You have taught her well!;) tuff when your 50 and they are 27 hey????

08-05-2007, 10:38 PM
Hey UMP doesn't the Ms. UMP work in Indy alot????

ah....it's probably nothing.......8p
She used to, but well, I dont know......she has taken I liking to Coors lite lately..... I dont understand it.......she never drank beer when I met her. :confused:

6ballsisall
08-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Not on me! It may be on them! Call me Daddy!8p Jeff you have a great woman there and I know cause I have had that great woman on a few occasions! You have taught her well!;)

Thanks Brutha! She learned from the masta!! :cool:

08-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Not on me! It may be on them! Call me Daddy!8p Jeff you have a great woman there and I know cause I have had that great woman on a few occasions! You have taught her well!;)
Hoosier, be a gentleman. I know its a stretch for you, but try.

Hoosier Bob
08-05-2007, 11:27 PM
Speaking of stretch how is the little lady UMP?8p Hoosier, be a gentleman. I know its a stretch for you, but try.

08-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Speaking of stretch how is the little lady UMP?8p
she asks about you all the time. does Lisa still love me???

Hoosier Bob
08-05-2007, 11:40 PM
She says you are a nice break from the real action! So my answer is yes!

Slinkyredfoot
08-06-2007, 06:56 AM
Steve, I take full responsibility! Love you DAD! Great looking daughter and I hope to be a great son in law! Can I use the boat this weekend DAD?8p

Suddenly, I have a very sick feeling in the pit of my stomach....

Knox's_Better_half
08-06-2007, 07:48 AM
I am 7 months pregnant and we are at the lake every weekend. Wake, boat chop, it can be uncomfortable, but no serious harm. I have 3 children and this is my 4th. I was riding in an old tri hull up until the week before my son was born (39 weeks). The X2 is way more comfortable and smoother on the water!! There is no problem with riding in the boat or swimming in the lake. Just use common sense and have fun. Summer time is too short not to go to the lake because you are pregnant. Plus the lake is the most comfortable place to be in late pregnancy! The Husband and kids would probably disown me if I didn't go;) Just my :twocents:

jlf
08-06-2007, 09:47 AM
I am pregnant, only in my third month, my doctor has said absolutely no skiing, boarding or any other water activity that involved being pulled behind a boat. There is different opinions on that subject also, talk with your doctor about that activity. As far as being in the boat, I was told if my pregnancy is normall (not high risk) than it would be fine to ride in the boat. Just remember she'll have to pee more often and may not be able to tolerate the heat as well so you may need to use the bimini. Also I have to remember to pack plenty of water to stay hydrated and I have to pack small snacks for myself to eat every couple of hours. I was told swimming in the lakes and rivers are perfectly safe for me and the baby. The baby is well protected from the outside enviroment so swimming is actually recommended, it's a great low impact excercise. I find jumping in and swimming helps me cool down and it keeps me in the water even though I had to stop skiing. I'll admit it, I might just have to jump in to use the bathroom too.

Ric
08-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Congratulations Rodlt!

TMCNo1
08-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Congratulations Rodlt!

Who's the mother??????????????

Rockman
08-06-2007, 02:31 PM
I...I was told swimming in the lakes and rivers are perfectly safe for me and the baby.

I wouldn't suggest swimming in the Fox River down here !:noface:

jlf
08-07-2007, 11:07 AM
I wouldn't suggest swimming in the Fox River down here !:noface:
can't be worse than the Mississippi. they told me it's no more dangerous for you pregnant than it was before pregnancy. your body has several safe guards to keep the baby safe from the outside enviroment. basically if you swim in it before baby, it's safe to do so with baby inside.