PDA

View Full Version : SpeakerCraft In Ceiling/Wall Speakers.

#47of100TeamMC
08-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Does anyone have any experience with SpeakerCraft's line of Home Theatre Speakers?

I'm in the process of finishing my basement, and are going back and forth with a few different brands of In-Ceiling and In-Wall speakers. My brother put in Paradigm speakers in his basement and they sound pretty good. Although with doing some research and looking at some specialty stores. it appears that the AIM series In Ceiling speakers from SpeakerCraft seem to be the way to go.

Also, does anyone have any connections with an online store or some wholesale place for Home Theatre Components? I'm in Need of the WHOLE BALL OF WAX:
4-In-Ceiling Speakers
2-In-Wall Front Speakers
1-In-Wall Center Channel
1-In-Wall Subwoofer.
and a kick a$$ receiver to pump the system.
Oh yeah, and a big plasma TV too...
(That new boat might have to wait a few years)

Thanks in Advance.
Chris

Roonie's
08-03-2007, 01:33 PM
I have some of the speakercraft product currently. My current house I have paradigm speakers throughout and speakercraft control panels. My previous house I installed all speakercraft speakers throughout. I used the aim series as you can aim them towards the direction you want. They were great speakers and I had 20 of them total throughout the house. I like the paradigm as well and cannot tell a difference really. The speakercraft may have had a little more full sound to them but not too noticeable. Now I have the speakercraft controls and hands down it is the most user friendly control panels I have used yet. My old house I had Elan control panel and not as user friendly.

Here is a pic of my Speakercraft control panel. From here I can control Multiple Ipods from their docking stations, two tuners,5 disc cd, streaming radio from the computer, and another docking port for future media. I have several zones throughout the house and each are independent of the others so I have the same choices in multiple rooms of the house.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2/Roonies_2006/DSC_0007.jpg

Roonie's
08-03-2007, 01:37 PM
I also have a home theatre system seperate from this but it can also use all the same choices. I highly recommend speakercraft for your uses. My electronics rack is huge!!

I currently have the speakercraft amp (big bang), zone system, and two tuners all made by speakercraft as well as many other electronics like two surge protectors, cd,IPod docking stations, etc. My home theatre system is denon. Everything is stored in an electronics room away so when you walk down to the home theatre all you see is a big screen on the wall and nothing else. No cords or anything. I have everything on IR remotes so everything can be stored in the electronics room including my comcast cable box and controlled with one master remote.

My electronics room is also my mechanical room. I was cheap and put in two shelves instead of the $$$expensive single rack. I aslo had the room however.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2/Roonies_2006/DSC_0008.jpg

#47of100TeamMC
08-03-2007, 02:34 PM
I also have a home theatre system seperate from this but it can also use all the same choices. I highly recommend speakercraft for your uses. My electronics rack is huge!!

I currently have the speakercraft amp (big bang), zone system, and two tuners all made by speakercraft as well as many other electronics like two surge protectors, cd,IPod docking stations, etc. My home theatre system is denon. Everything is stored in an electronics room away so when you walk down to the home theatre all you see is a big screen on the wall and nothing else. No cords or anything. I have everything on IR remotes so everything can be stored in the electronics room including my comcast cable box and controlled with one master remote.

My electronics room is also my mechanical room. I was cheap and put in two shelves instead of the $$$expensive single rack. I aslo had the room however.

I wish I would have talked to you before I built the house 2 years ago... instead of now when finishing the basement. But I appreciate your post and I think I'm sold on Speakercraft as you've said it's good stuff too.

Any leads on where you bought your components? or do I have to resort to Best Buy or some other box store?

Thanks again, I appreciate your insight!
Chris

Roonie's
08-03-2007, 02:47 PM
You can get anything off the internet. All my stuff was prewired. I even added more wiring for future upgrades at the time. I went locally. I also used a company that specializes in this stuff to help with design and layout and they also got good prices on equipment. In fact they are coming back today to adjust one of my control panels that seemes to have a mind of its own right now.

RK@UST
08-08-2007, 10:47 PM
I am using Klipsch in walls and love them.
12" Klipsch subwoofer.
Painted the speaker grills and frames to match walls, with a 50" LG Plasma.
Looks clean and sounds great.