PDA

View Full Version : X Games

tex
08-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Did anybody else catch Jake Brown falling about 45-50 feet to the flat part of the pipe and getting up to walk away. Blew his shoes off!!!! He got up and asked if he had another run. He's a bad man!!!!!

It's on YouTube. I don't know how to post it here.

Jkelly
08-03-2007, 11:16 AM
When the video is up on your browser, right click in navigation bar and copy, paste in text window below your post. would love to see

T Scott
08-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Here is a link to the video. I concur...this guy tough!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KBvCrSjpx9I

Jkelly
08-03-2007, 11:38 AM
That is amazing!!

Datdude
08-03-2007, 11:42 AM
That is amazing!

Did anyone see the guy take a digger trying the double backflip on the moto-x bike? The throttle pinned on the bike when it crahsed....could have been way worse

trickskier
08-03-2007, 11:47 AM
The X-Games were the best thing on TV last night.............What about Scott Murray crashing on the double backflip attempt?

Maristar210
08-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Ouch, He's hurtin today :(

tex
08-03-2007, 12:17 PM
I wish somebody would have loaned him another bike for a 2nd attempt!

tommcat
08-03-2007, 12:31 PM
is there any wakeboarding this year?

fintek9
08-03-2007, 12:38 PM
I forgot it was on damnit!!

milkmania
08-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Did anybody else catch Jake Brown falling about 45-50 feet to the flat part of the pipe and getting up to walk away. Blew his shoes off!!!! He got up and asked if he had another run. He's a bad man!!!!!

It's on YouTube. I don't know how to post it here.

got a news cast dvr'd.....

incredible!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-03-2007, 05:05 PM
I saw that fall last night!!!! WOW!! that had to hurt!! I am watching X games tonite fo sho!!!! good entertainment! I love the bike jumps, and that freestyle BMX trick stuff, AWESOME!!!! :D :headbang:

uawaterskier
08-04-2007, 12:50 AM
THAT WAS INSANE!!!!! I cannot believe he didn't break both ankles.

fintek9
08-04-2007, 02:09 AM
seen it tonight. WOW, you know he saw the big "FLASH" of light on that one. And the shoes!! Can't believe got up and walked away!

TMCNo1
08-04-2007, 06:06 AM
Reminds me of a guy here named James Pollard who jumped off a 30 story building and the only thing that lived, were his shoes that were found 3 blocks away. We named him Orville Pollard, cause he tried to fly!

milkmania
08-04-2007, 10:10 AM
seen it tonight. WOW, you know he saw the big "FLASH" of light on that one. And the shoes!! Can't believe got up and walked away!

he was running like hell!:D

Lennyp04
08-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Couldnt believe my eyes when i saw him fall...really couldnt believe it when he walked away with very little help. Very lucky that nothing happened to him.

tex
08-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Ok-another Tex rant. What the H is Rally racing doing in the X games. When I think of X games, I think of sports that everybody can participate in-Bikes, Skateboards, Snowboarding, Barefooting/Wakeboarding... Not Rally racing!

tommcat
08-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Rally is in it because thats what Pastrana is into these days. and summer X games is the Travis Pastrana show

tex
08-06-2007, 11:27 AM
My thoughts exactly!

tommcat
08-06-2007, 11:28 AM
and unfortunately winter X is the shawn white show

Ryan27r
08-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Has anyone else thought X games has been lacking for coverage this year?

uawaterskier
08-06-2007, 11:38 AM
follow up article

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2960510

OhioX14
08-06-2007, 12:02 PM
And what about Wakeboarding? Wakeboarding used to be a great event for the X-Games and now it's not even on their event schedule. I know it's not as "main stream" as big air, moto-x, etc. but I'm sure alot more people than us water nuts enjoyed it.

tommcat
08-06-2007, 12:10 PM
And what about Wakeboarding? Wakeboarding used to be a great event for the X-Games and now it's not even on their event schedule. I know it's not as "main stream" as big air, moto-x, etc. but I'm sure alot more people than us water nuts enjoyed it.travis doesnt wakeboard so they dropped it

TMCNo1
08-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Who is the X'er who drives Rally Cars now, saw a Subaru commercial about someone this past weekend/

tommcat
08-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Who is the X'er who drives Rally Cars now, saw a Subaru commercial about someone this past weekend/Travis Pastrana

swatguy
08-06-2007, 01:30 PM
As to TMCNO1 question. The athelete is Travis Pastrana. Always a top performer.

Well why i went under the knife last wed for acl/mcl reconstrucion and meniscus repair I have been watchin a heck of alot of the coverage of the X-Games. I can say that over the past 6-7yrs X-games in my eyes just keeps getting worse and worse.

The live coverage is nice but drags out events for ever. Also they announce like they are announcing to people who have no clue about what the x-games is or what exactly it entails. Cum on you dont have to hyp it with such bs hype as we all know what this stuff entails. It's like they have no clue on who is actually watching. And lets face it the less time Sal is on the air the better the games are. He is a $%^& tool. These games are just becoming some BS in my eyes. Sure the goto's like Freestyle MX along with Moto best trick and big air are awesome vert bmx and skate, but what the heck is Rally Car, regular Moto X, Step up jumping....I mean how much more boring can you get then watching guys high jump their Dirt Bikes.

Vert skate and BMX are always great have been since day one. It's also rediculous how onesided the coverage is on one athelete. Just rediculous.

I know these guys take diggers and wrck hard, but there were also a couple athletes who were there that were just there to compete and not there to win. The were somewhat wussin out on tricks and not taking it the next level. Don't get me wrong these guys are insane and great athletes, but if you are there just to be there in my eyes tht is a waste of a position.

Sorry for the rant guys, but just been so pissed at the X-games and the coverage they get. The few events that are still here that have been from the beginning are still great, but every year the coverage and announcers get worse as do the events imo. I used to set the recorder religiously, but over the past years they get an ocassional stop by otw through the channels. IMO Rally, Moto X, and step up have no place in the X-games at all. Where is the wakeboarding?

On a side note there is a new show on Spike for the freestyle MX lovers called Crusty's Dirt Deamons. It's a show on how to pick the next top freestyle Mx'r to go on their world tour with them. It's insane. Sorry again for the rant just needed to vent. So disapointd in ESP these days. Just poker news no events anymore. I mean ***.

tex
08-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Step up is stupid! I'm glad they got rid of street luge! It's like when we go to Barnes and Nobles here in Fort Worth and there are 5 surfing magazines on the shelf and no water ski mags. We are at least 6 hours from a coast and the surfing there sucks!

uawaterskier
08-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Step up is stupid! I'm glad they got rid of street luge! It's like when we go to Barnes and Nobles here in Fort Worth and there are 5 surfing magazines on the shelf and no water ski mags. We are at least 6 hours from a coast and the surfing there sucks!i liked street luge and downhill boarding.

TMCNo1
08-06-2007, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=swatguy]As to TMCNO1 question. The athelete is Travis Pastrana. Always a top performer.QUOTE]

Sorry, I missed the word Rally in someone's earlier post.

I assume he really wrecked that rally car like the commercial shows. Could be a new X Games event, "Roll Your Rally Car"!
I tried watching the X games the other night and thought is was just another Jackazz movie with people falling out of the sky! It just must be my age!

tex
08-06-2007, 04:50 PM
i liked street luge and downhill boarding.
Downhill boarding was very cool-Steet luge was a bunch of spares!