PDA

View Full Version : Girl Looking to Ski

barefoot
07-31-2007, 02:35 PM
I have a friend who lives in downtown Chicago that is looking to hook up with some people to ski. Her folks have a place in Lauderdale Lakes, WI but it takes her two hours to get there. She was looking for a place hat was a little closer. She doesn’t have a boat, but she does have the equipment.

Oh, by the way, she’s a really good skier. Here are a couple of pics I took last Sunday of her. (What, did you think I would go back to my house after Minocqua Mayhem?!?! Heck no! I went back out to the lake!) Anyways, if someone has room on their boat for a third, let me know.

Thanks!

rodltg2
07-31-2007, 02:38 PM
sounds like a job for erkle...

cbryan70
07-31-2007, 02:58 PM
where is she located? I am always looking for more people. Im about 15 min from shamberg west on 90.

cbryan70
07-31-2007, 03:01 PM
shamberg is definatly not spelled right

Prostar Rich
07-31-2007, 03:09 PM
Not sure if this will help or not but I too own a home on Lauderdale Lakes. I see in your post that Lauderdale may be a bit of a drive for your friend. If she does not have access to a boat and is up at Lauderdale visiting her family I would be willing to take your friend on some ski runs. I do get opportunities to get up here during the week if that helps.

Take Care,
Prostar Rich

Rockman
07-31-2007, 03:10 PM
Barefoot,

PM me her number and if Erk and I head out in St. Charles or down south by me, she is more than welcome to meet us.

hacker
07-31-2007, 03:13 PM
If she lived near me she wouldn't have any trouble finding people to take her skiing!:D

Seriously, she looks like a very good skier. Does she ski the course?

cbryan70
07-31-2007, 03:17 PM
Rockman when are you heading out again? If you want a pull pm me your number i am going out today

Rockman
07-31-2007, 03:27 PM
Rockman when are you heading out again? If you want a pull pm me your number i am going out today

The earliest this week would be Sat am. Just got back from vacation and have a lot to catch up on.

I'll talk to Erk and see when he can get out for a few hours. I am not sure if he is back in town yet.

barefoot
07-31-2007, 03:47 PM
Her folks have a BU at Lauderdale, but she doesn't want to head up every weekend. She's looking for peeps a little closer to Chi Town to ski with.

I don't know if she skies the course, but she's definitly good enough that she could. Oh, and does it count that she has a great personality?

skierinchicago
07-31-2007, 04:01 PM
Thanks Ryan aka "Barefoot" for promoting my skiing ability and personality -- Like he mentioned, I am looking to hop on a boat early morning or late evening to get some passes in. I bring gas, driving skills, a watchful eye and good times.

I am willing to drive up to an hour from downtown Chicago. Let me know if you are interested.

Unfortunately, my boat stays in Wisconsin all days...

barefoot
07-31-2007, 04:03 PM
There you go, fellas. PM her though here if you head out!

erkoehler
07-31-2007, 04:52 PM
Saturday AM is a possibility.....:D

TOO-TALL
07-31-2007, 08:40 PM
Thanks Ryan aka "Barefoot" for promoting my skiing ability and personality -- Like he mentioned, I am looking to hop on a boat early morning or late evening to get some passes in. I bring gas, driving skills, a watchful eye and good times.

I am willing to drive up to an hour from downtown Chicago. Let me know if you are interested.

Drive down to Kankakee and I'll give ya a pull.My brother just bought a barefoot boom for my boat(that was nice of him:D :D )Were going out tommrow after work for a test pull. PM me.

Farmer Ted
07-31-2007, 09:32 PM

If you're ever in the DFW area we'll give you a pull, it might be helpful to bring a spare tire though......

Mag_Red
07-31-2007, 10:05 PM
If you're ever in the DFW area we'll give you a pull, it might be helpful to bring a spare tire though......Farmer I thought you had that stuttering problem under control and some one said you were working on that spare tire........why you need another one??:confused: :D

Farmer Ted
07-31-2007, 10:14 PM
Farmer I thought you had that stuttering problem under control and some one said you were working on that spare tire........why you need another one??:confused: :D

the way I've been going through tires, I'm about to start selling plasma to pay for them.......

atlfootr
07-31-2007, 11:27 PM
shamberg is definatly not spelled rightNot so sure about the word definatly ... I believe, the correct spelling of the word is definitely.

André
07-31-2007, 11:29 PM
Not so sure about the word definatly ... I believe, the correct spelling of the word is definitely.
"No soup for him..."!;)

skierinchicago
08-01-2007, 01:26 AM
Not sure if this will help or not but I too own a home on Lauderdale Lakes. I see in your post that Lauderdale may be a bit of a drive for your friend. If she does not have access to a boat and is up at Lauderdale visiting her family I would be willing to take your friend on some ski runs. I do get opportunities to get up here during the week if that helps.

Take Care,
Prostar Rich

Prostar Rich, I have also been looking for people to take early morning runs on Don Jean Bay. We can use your boat or mine. Just someone to rally with early on. I make it to Elkhorn 2-3x a month. We just need to coordinate.

Suzanne
- white house on the south shore of Don Jean Bay.

skierinchicago
08-01-2007, 01:31 AM

Making it out to Schaumberg before sunset on a weekday will be next to impossible. Give me a shout out during a weekend and I will make something work if I am in town. I appreciate your offer...

GKramerT5
08-01-2007, 03:00 AM
I live in Elgin and will have my boat here next week if anyone is interested, not sure of the schedule but will be skiing alot. I also have a place up by Lauderdale and ski with the team up there, if anyone wants a tug just let me know!

Prostar Rich
08-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Prostar Rich, I have also been looking for people to take early morning runs on Don Jean Bay. We can use your boat or mine. Just someone to rally with early on. I make it to Elkhorn 2-3x a month. We just need to coordinate.

Suzanne
- white house on the south shore of Don Jean Bay.

Suzanne,

No problem. My home is on Mill lake near the golf course. I am usually there every weekend. I usually take off from my office around noon on Fridays and get to lauderdale around 2:00 PM. I also go up during the week and that is when the water conditions are awesome. On the weekends you have to be on the water ready to ski by 9:00 AM because by noon anyone that owns a boat on the lake is usually out.
If you can make it during the week just let me know.

Take care,
Prostar Rich

Hollywood
08-02-2007, 02:33 PM
I am always looking for more people. Im about 15 min from shamberg west on 90.

I tried PM'ing you but looks like your inbox is full. I work in Schaumburg. Where do you ski 15 minutes west of here? I'm assuming somewhere on the Fox? Anyways, I might be interested in some after work skiing.

kal_dude
08-22-2007, 02:41 PM
hello, we usually ride in Waukesha, and have an 02 xstar. i have an aunt that lives in antioch and could get on the chain of lakes there also!?! give us a call!!

kal
262-968-2514
414-801-0297

have a great day

Workin' 4 Toys
08-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Her folks have a BU at Lauderdale, but she doesn't want to head up every weekend. She's looking for peeps a little closer to Chi Town to ski with.

I don't know if she skies the course, but she's definitly good enough that she could. Oh, and does it count that she has a great personality?
She sounds like alot of fun.

Sorry I can't help. We go just as far in the opposite direction.

I wouldn't expect anyone to be able to get out anywhere local. With all the flooding going on, it's going to be awhile.

88 PS190
08-22-2007, 04:13 PM
you need to find someone who skis say with in the break waters in those harbors. That would be alot of fun.

barefoot
08-22-2007, 05:06 PM
She sounds like alot of fun.

Of course she's a lot of fun....she hangs out with me :D

Ric
08-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Making it out to Schaumberg before sunset on a weekday will be next to impossible. Give me a shout out during a weekend and I will make something work if I am in town. I appreciate your offer...

skier, feel free to post more pics:D

Hoosier Bob
08-22-2007, 10:05 PM
Heck I can drive to Chicago!;)

Workin' 4 Toys
08-22-2007, 10:37 PM
skier, feel free to post more pics:D
Pics are always useful when looking for assistance.

skierinchicago
08-23-2007, 11:43 AM
I hear you! Sunrise sets along the breakwalls on Lake Michigan is what I am looking for (in a perfect world)... Anyone want to tow your boat down one early morning??

skierinchicago
08-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Pics are always useful when looking for assistance.

I think my two pictures Ryan posted speak to what you are looking for :)

88 PS190
08-23-2007, 12:37 PM
I feel for you everytime I drive down LSD.

If you do find someone to ski there let me know, my older brother lives in Lincoln Park, and his skiing is suffering since he doesn't make it to the lake very often anymore.

PaulW
08-23-2007, 03:20 PM
With all the lakes closed North and West of Chicago, I am tempted to go to the big lake. It might be the only one open in the Midwest. Don't have a ski boat though, XStar.

atlfootr
08-23-2007, 10:58 PM
I think my two pictures Ryan posted speak to what you are looking for :)Something w/out the :)shine in the picture, I do believe is what he meant :rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
08-24-2007, 12:09 AM
I think my two pictures Ryan posted speak to what you are looking for :)
Uh-huh..... I didn't see a garage picture...But we'll take what we can get....:D

Hoosier Bob
08-25-2007, 12:49 AM
Sounds like you guys should have plenty of water now!:o

Workin' 4 Toys
08-25-2007, 12:53 AM
Sounds like you guys should have plenty of water now!:o
We have plenty, to say the least. :(

I was in Home Depot today. The battery back up sump pumps, batteries, sump pumps, and generators were sold out. (Not that I was there for those, but it was obvious there were lots of people in a panic to get them):o

Hoosier Bob
08-25-2007, 01:05 AM
Part of my territory is under water with more on the way it appears. Ohio not fairing much better. You guys take care up there!

Anything we can do let us know!

H20ski Dude
08-26-2007, 11:37 PM
they're talking about how the great lakes on this side of the border are all low... and you guys are flooded.. wacky stuff

skierinchicago
09-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Something w/out the :)shine in the picture, I do believe is what he meant :rolleyes:

what's this -- I have to post pictures but I don't get any pictures back. All I see are logos on this site. I'll show you mine if you show me yours..

skierinchicago
09-03-2007, 10:44 PM
they're talking about how the great lakes on this side of the border are all low... and you guys are flooded.. wacky stuff

I was in Wisconsin this weekend and Lauderdale Lakes is still on 24 hour no wakes zones. It is surreal and messing up that last couple weeks of ski season!!

PaulW
09-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Went down to the IL River over the weekend, water was nice. It was good to be back on the water.
The high water mark in Starved Rock park was 8' + in the trees. There were huge logs, or trees in the parking lot.
Up by the Busted Prop it was at 6', they sure had a lot of water and fast on that river. Docks were all bent up on shore.

Hoosier Bob
09-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Those pics are for PM's only!:D what's this -- I have to post pictures but I don't get any pictures back. All I see are logos on this site. I'll show you mine if you show me yours..

Workin' 4 Toys
09-04-2007, 11:43 PM
what's this -- I have to post pictures but I don't get any pictures back. All I see are logos on this site. I'll show you mine if you show me yours..
Ric will be happy to post a picture of her garage if you post yours.
If thats what you were talking about.:confused:

Willski
09-05-2007, 12:07 AM
Went out yesterday on the IL river in central IL. Still a lot of debris. Stage was 19', pool is 12', crested at 22' late last week.

GKramerT5
09-05-2007, 10:15 PM
For you all that live on or near Lauderdale Lakes, I am on of the show directors for next season and am looking for some more members! We are looking for anyone reall who can or is willing to learn to ski and commit time. The team practices a few days a week and our shows are on saturday on Lauderdale. If anyone is interested, let me know!