PDA

View Full Version : No fire or fuel pressure

caveman
07-31-2007, 02:12 PM
I have a 99 PS 190 LTR (330hp) with no fire (spark). The kill switch is working properly, fuses and relays check good, and I have also had the computer scanned for problems (none found). The boat was hard to start last time out but ran fine afterwards. Two days later all it will to is turn over. Does anyone know what the output should be for the crank sensors. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

jmmcalpin
08-08-2007, 11:13 PM
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the coil....I did find the voltage for the crank sensors but do not recall what they are.

JimN
08-08-2007, 11:52 PM
Look for a purple/white wire at the ignition module, below the coil packs. When you crank it or if it's running, that wire should have 1-2V when you set a digital multi-meter to the DC scale. If you don't see 1-2V (if it's low or zero), make sure the crank sensor harnesses are plugged in completely. Also, make sure the crank sensor bracket is in position and the bolts are tight. Report back and if it still doesn't run, I'll look up the signal from the sensors- I don't have that manual here right now.

caveman
08-12-2007, 01:35 AM
Thanks, I'll give that a try this weekend and get back to you.

caveman
08-14-2007, 01:08 AM
I found the ignition module was working properly. It turned out to be a bad fuel pump. Thanks for your help.