PDA

View Full Version : Man Spice Not Playing in Dallas

tex
07-31-2007, 12:15 PM
Can you beleive that people actually want refunds on their tickets because Beckham can't play? Would Packer fans want a refund if Farve could not play? I can't beleive FC Dallas is actually doing some kind of arrangements with them. I almost bought tickets just for the heck of it but had a feeling he would not be ready!

rodltg2
07-31-2007, 12:20 PM
i can believe it, how many people in the US were actually intetrested in soccer until he came over here

tex
07-31-2007, 12:41 PM
I don't follow it. I have a mild interest after playing some growing up and living in Germany for 2 years. It is fun to play but not to watch. I just wanted to go for the scenery that he would attract. Rod-You haven't given up scenery since you recently got married?

rodltg2
07-31-2007, 12:46 PM
definately slowed down , but check the new pic on the swimsuit thread

fintek9
07-31-2007, 02:35 PM
I couldn't believe how much they payed him to come over to play!
If I was an established player on the team I'd be pis.sd.. I'd be like OK
he can do it all then.....I know it brings more attention to their sport
but daauummmm that's alot of coin for that sport to pay out!

Harvey
07-31-2007, 04:05 PM
The soccer contract is only 5.5 mil a year. The rest is in endorsements. Now 5.5 mil a year playing soccer in the US is a lot but it's not insane. I have played and follow soccer for years. I have been a Man U fan since the mid 90s and I wouldn't pay a dime to see one player. I would pay a ton to see a great team play. That said if Beckham helps the Galaxy become a dominant powerhouse then I will gladly go see him play.

LakePirate
07-31-2007, 06:17 PM
No lie, I watched some of the exhibition game when Man Spice and the Galaxy plaid some club from the other side of the pond.