View Full Version : Dodge Lifetime Drivetrain Warranty

milkmania
07-31-2007, 01:32 AM
anybody heard of it, or experienced it?

says available 7/26/07

http://www.dodge.com/en/lifetime_powertrain_warranty/

jraben8
07-31-2007, 08:28 AM
I just saw the commercial night before last. I wasn't quick enough once I realized what they were saying to read the fine print.

BrianM
07-31-2007, 09:54 AM
Fine print is it is NON-transferable. The only warranty that transfers to a second owner is the standard 3/36 bumper to bumper. And the powertrain isn't the problem with Mopar it is the horribly bad body and interior quality/longevity.

Since the average American only keeps a vehicle for 3 years they are not really stepping up much with the warranty. More marketing than anything. Lifetime sure sounds good but the reality is GMs 10/100 is a far superior warranty since it is transferrable.

milkmania
07-31-2007, 01:11 PM
Fine print is it is NON-transferable. The only warranty that transfers to a second owner is the standard 3/36 bumper to bumper. And the powertrain isn't the problem with Mopar it is the horribly bad body and interior quality/longevity.

Since the average American only keeps a vehicle for 3 years they are not really stepping up much with the warranty. More marketing than anything. Lifetime sure sounds good but the reality is GMs 10/100 is a far superior warranty since it is transferrable.

been a while since I shopped for NEW:o

I'm evidently not their average American....still got my 88 K5 Blazer