PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Rangers

LakePirate
07-30-2007, 10:40 PM
You have successfully stolen one of the best prospects in baseball for a Boras represented rent-a-player.

Ladies and Gentlemen, enjoy watching Salty, he is the real deal.

Salty = Jarrod Saltalamacchia

Us Atlanta folks are going to miss you, hope you go on to have a hall of fame career.

Maristar210
07-30-2007, 11:03 PM
You have successfully stolen one of the best prospects in baseball for a Boras represented rent-a-player.

Ladies and Gentlemen, enjoy watching Salty, he is the real deal.

Salty = Jarrod Saltalamacchia

Us Atlanta folks are going to miss you, hope you go on to have a hall of fame career.

Bitter ***** :D

dmayer84
07-30-2007, 11:08 PM
I first read the title and thought it was about the NY Rangers getting Gomez.

milkmania
07-30-2007, 11:15 PM

say it ain't so.......

http://media.monstersandcritics.com/articles/1213674/article_images/johnastinisgreatasgomezaddams.jpg

Archimedes
07-30-2007, 11:15 PM

Except the Rangers got bent over by Gomez and his agent. As much as I like Gomez, that contract is moronic. By the look of your avatar, I'm guessing you know that already.

tex
07-31-2007, 10:03 AM
Enjoy the other Tex-Boras and him are a perfect match. I guess that about sums it up.

Harvey
07-31-2007, 11:31 AM
The Rangers had a hall of fame catcher before and it still didn't get us past the Yankees. On the NL side of things the Cubbies are looking REALLY good. (knocking on wood) This is the year!!!!

tex
07-31-2007, 12:12 PM
This trade will help the Braves for this season. Good luck trying to sign the other Tex. As far as hall of fame catcher. They just made a bad decision on how much Pudge had left in the tank. His on base % this year blows. How bout Marlon Byrd? I hope he can keep it up?

Harvey
07-31-2007, 03:55 PM
This trade will help the Braves for this season. Good luck trying to sign the other Tex. As far as hall of fame catcher. They just made a bad decision on how much Pudge had left in the tank. His on base % this year blows. How bout Marlon Byrd? I hope he can keep it up?

He is a baller but even if he could get up around .400 he would still have to have someone on the Rangers to get on base in front of him. He is hitting well but without people on base he isn't going to drive in enough runs to win games and he isn't hitting homers. I dont think they will catch the Mariners much less the Angels. And to make matters worse they are getting rid of Gange.

LakePirate
07-31-2007, 06:25 PM
Bitter ***** :D

Yep .

The other "Tex"'s contract is not up until the end of 08 so we have him until then. There was talk that because of Andruw Jones being in a contract year with Boras in tow that when the Braves don't resign him there will be money left for the other "Tex"

Oh he is a local boy coming home to play for the Braves....Yeah so was J.D. Drew. Didn't keep him long did we.

An interesting Chart... Link (http://benfry.com/salaryper/)

Braves have the 14th best record and the 15th highest payroll.

tex
07-31-2007, 06:41 PM
Yep .

The other "Tex"'s contract is not up until the end of 08 so we have him until then. There was talk that because of Andruw Jones being in a contract year with Boras in tow that when the Braves don't resign him there will be money left for the other "Tex"

Oh he is a local boy coming home to play for the Braves....Yeah so was J.D. Drew. Didn't keep him long did we.

An interesting Chart... Link (http://benfry.com/salaryper/)

Braves have the 14th best record and the 15th highest payroll.
Check out them Devil Rays-I guess you get what you pay for!

tex
08-01-2007, 10:44 AM
The other Tex turned down 8 years and 140 Million Dollars to stay with the Rangers. What an A! Somebody offer this Tex that $$$ and I'll show you how quick you should take it! Scott Boras is the devil!

JimN
08-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Lake Pirate- "Congratulations Rangers"

They haven't won anything yet.

LakePirate
08-01-2007, 10:21 PM
Lake Pirate- "Congratulations Rangers"

They haven't won anything yet.

They got Salty...pretty good win as far as I am concerned.

Hey the other TEX can play. I haven't seen anybody play first like that since the big cat (Andres Gallaraga)

The other Tex has been trying to get back to Atlanta and out of the cellar for years, or so they say. When Boras sends Andruw Jones somewhere else that should free up some monies for the other Tex.