PDA

View Full Version : Engine wouldn't start :(

prostar1992asdf
07-30-2007, 12:24 PM
I was out on the lake and after about 2 hours of fun in the sun I couldn't get the engine started again. So we sat there for about an hour of endless trys. I finally took the engine cover off and let the carb breath a little and tried endless air to fuel ratios. Finally I got the engine started. The engine was then doggin hardcore. Any ideas any tips or is time to bring the boat to a professional?

TMCNo1
07-30-2007, 12:35 PM
A very bad case of vapor lock would the the suspected culpert.
Insulate the fuel line anywhere near the engine with some type of pipe insulation, aluminum foil or change to a braided S/S line. When I replaced my steel fuel line and it didn't fit, I had a Rod Shop make me up a S/S braided line ($52) and as a benefit I did away with the vapor lock caused by the black painted line laying against the block//heads/intake and vapor locking from heat soak. It really gets hot under those engine covers in the summer, since there is no cooling, while sitting still.

prostar1992asdf
07-30-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I guess when I come home from work tonight if the boat starts right up with no problems then vapor lock could be the culprit.