PDA

View Full Version : Why steady alarm

emnesto
07-29-2007, 11:50 PM
Had a great day on the water with my 2006 X45 LQ9. Put the boat on the trailer as always, and returned it to its covered storage. As I was backing it in, I heard an ear piercing alarm. This is 30 to 45 minutes after the boat was shut down. I check guages for overheat, but it was not. I tried turning the two battery switch to off, but the alarm continued. Tonight, I did a search of this site and found a report that the alarm might have to do with low battery. In my case, the last thing I did was run for about 15 minutes at 4000 RPM, then idle on the trailer. Earlier in the day I did play the sound system with the engine off, but it started fine and had no alarms. Any ideas would be appreciated.

emnesto
07-30-2007, 09:00 PM
I learned the alarm was originating from under the dash, not the engine compartment. Also, the alarm sounded even when the battery switch was off. And I checked both batteries with a load tester. 12.4 volts before and after teh test. I believe there is power direct from battery to the stereo to keep presets in tact. There is also power to the bilge pumps direct to the battery. I believe the small speaker under the dash is for depth sounder alarm, and to beep at the end of the engine check when turning on the key.
I'm looking for some ideas from all the experience on the site. Anyone had this happen to them?