PDA

View Full Version : Coolant water filter

mccobmd
07-27-2007, 01:20 PM
Just assume I'm a mechnical idiot and save those comments but in reading the owers manual for my X1 is says to check the filter for the water that cools the engine before each use and then shows a distant picture of the engine with an arrow. Where is the filter and how do I access it to be sure it isn't clogged.

djhuff
07-27-2007, 01:27 PM
THe hose coming out of the impeller housing goes immediately to the transmission oil cooler (cylindrical metal housing with two small hoses coming out of the side). On the bottom of this cooler, is a screen that traps debris. take the hose off, and run your finger around in there to pull out any leaves and such. This is more important to check if you use your boat where there is alot of junk floating in the water. Where we ride is really clean, and i only check it about once a month, or if the engine is running a little warmer than usual.

This would be for a freshwater boat, don't know how the closed cooling works with regard to debris filtering.

TMCNo1
07-27-2007, 07:18 PM
Some transmission coolers, as in older boats, are placed above the raw water intake, before the raw water pump.

rstitson
07-30-2007, 08:00 PM
My 2007 does not have the filter. Dealer told me that the screen is at the hull intake. The manuals are out of date for some of the new boats. Master craft could do better in that department. Isn't this sweet... i really did not post this 8 times or more.

rstitson
07-30-2007, 08:00 PM
My 2007 does not have the filter. Dealer told me that the screen is at the hull intake. The manuals are out of date for some of the new boats. Master craft could do better in that department.