PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard bindings interchangable??

mdthacker
07-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Maybe someone out there will have an idea on this. I currently have a CWB board and bindings. If I buy a Hyperlite, can I use my CWB bindings on it? I am not sure how interchangable bindings are between manufacturers.

H20BOY
07-27-2007, 12:45 PM
They should be interchangable. I once had a CWB board with Hyperlite Bindings.

Jkelly
07-27-2007, 12:46 PM
I use Liquid Force Alpha Bindings on a Hyperlite

mdthacker
07-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Excellent, thanks!!

RexDog1
07-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Yes Wakeboard bindings are interchangeable, just lookout for the mounting screw length
From board to board, it would be a shame to put the screw through the bottom of your board :(

Lennyp04
07-30-2007, 09:49 PM
I have a ronix vault 144 with cwb faction bindings and it works. My friend has a Hyperlite belmont with cwb factions and it works.. Also works with and obrien rail 137.

I dont think wakeboard companies are like Burton snoboards who drill there holes in special patterns.

You should be fine and if there is any question if it would work take the bindings with you when you look at the board and put them on if your seriously thinking about the board

hope this helped.

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Just be careful of Slingshot boots and boards. They are specially designed for each other. Other than that...???

Doug G
07-30-2007, 11:17 PM
I have a hyperlite with CWB factions on it . No problems (but I like my brothers Zeus' better)

fintek9
07-30-2007, 11:37 PM
Yes Wakeboard bindings are interchangeable, just lookout for the mounting screw length
From board to board, it would be a shame to put the screw through the bottom of your board :(
VERY GOOD POINT Rex.......

mdthacker
07-31-2007, 07:20 AM
Thanks everyone for the information. I'll be changing between Hyperlite & CWB so looks like I am going to be good!

Doug G
07-31-2007, 10:40 AM
IIRC we kept the binding screws with the board not the bindings but I sometimes suffer from CRS and may be wrong

chevy08bud
07-31-2007, 10:46 AM
I noticed that a couple of you are using the CWB Faction bindings. How do you like them, do they give you a lot of support and would you buy them again? I'm currently using 2005 Torq bindings (non hinge-tech) and my feet will sometimes slide slightly foward on a hard landing.

justinlkgb
07-31-2007, 10:52 AM
I have heard that using other brands with board/boots can void a warranty. This is what I heard, never had to actually deal with it though. Also I have friends that go with the ERA and LF Alphas, that being said, there is also a guy with an Obrien board, and LF CT shane's for bindings. The base plates on his Shanes keep on bending. ( As if he were strapped into it and someone were to pull straight up off level ground.) This is his second pair and still the same problem.

:twocents:

Doug G
07-31-2007, 10:56 AM
I noticed that a couple of you are using the CWB Faction bindings. How do you like them, do they give you a lot of support and would you buy them again? I'm currently using 2005 Torq bindings (non hinge-tech) and my feet will sometimes slide slightly foward on a hard landing.

Depends on what kind of feel you like. They are a flexible binding. If you like a stiffer binding the Zeus is the answer. If you like some flex they are great. The faction is a higher binding and the Zeus is lower. That being said I will never buy another binding that isn't hinge tech. I have no issues with them sliding. Bottom line , like most other things try them if you can before you drop some coin.

swatguy
07-31-2007, 11:48 AM
Little late to chime in here, but here's some info. The Slingshot bindings can be mounted on any board they have a universal plate that can be put on instead of the slingshot baseplate. However the same doesn't go for their boards. They will only accept Slingshot boots.

The things to watch out for has been said it is the screws. So far the only compmany I have had problems with is Hyperlite/Ronix. They use a longer depth screw on their stuff. So when you go to mount their bindings on other boards such as LF or CWB you either have to get washers to fill the gap or new hardware. As far as the Liquid Force and CWB gear never had a problem. I am riding the CWB Transcend with the Liquid Force Shane bindings. Had the Alphas before the Shanes. Never once heard of a warranty being voided to do a different MFG's bindings on a board.

ALSO CHEVY
The Torqs are an adjustable binding so they allow for your foot to slide around more than a conventila oe size binding and they don't give quite as snug as a fit as a personal sized binding. If that is a concern on the top of your list I would encourage you to move up to a non adjustable binding and you will find it will snug around your foot a bit more and also give you a more controlable ride and response on your board.