PDA

View Full Version : Speedo ?

87MCProstar
07-26-2007, 04:24 PM
hey guys and gals, i was out this morning for about an hour and a half or so and all of a sudden both my speedo's go out. the one on the left as always been tricky but on the right has always been solid. How do i fix this probelm??? or do i just have to call skidim?

TMCNo1
07-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Chances are you hit a patch of weeds or something and they both pitots (pickups) clogged at the same time. Take a paper clip, piece of wire, a speedo rooter or a small drill bit and see it they are clogged, then take the tubes off the pitots and blow thru them and see if they are unclogged.

east tx skier
07-26-2007, 04:33 PM
If they are clogged, you could unclog them as Harold mentioned. But I'd highly recommend buying the newer style pickups from a place like skidim. They don't clog nearly as much, if at all (mine hasn't clogged in the year I've had it on there). They'll run you $13 per pickup plus shipping.

Rapunzl
07-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Silly me...when I read "Speedo" I thought I was going to open up this thread to a guy in a speedo!!:eek3:

Uh, please...nooooooooo, if that's what you're thinking of doing next...after all, this is a family site...hehehe...!

TMCNo1
07-26-2007, 04:58 PM
I know this question will be asked, "What is a Speedo Rooter"?
It is a drill bit type device that is attached to a floating keychain that MasterCraft gave out with TMC membership packages and in the gift bags at Boat Owner Reunion for us non-paddlewheel , low-tech analog speedometer owners to use to clean out our speedo pickups when they became clogged, here is a picture of one,

G-man
07-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Boy I got worried hearing the words speedo, rooter, and Harold in the same post. Good information to pass on.

east tx skier
07-26-2007, 05:25 PM
It is a drill bit type device that is attached to a floating keychain that MasterCraft gave out with TMC membership packages and in the gift bags at Boat Owner Reunion for us non-paddlewheel , low-tech analog speedometer owners to use to clean out our speedo pickups when they became clogged, here is a picture of one,

It's a dental drill bit. I forget what size though.

Maristar210
07-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Did someone call for a guy in Speedo??

I'll go get dressed. Hold onto your hat Rapuzul :D

TMCNo1
07-26-2007, 05:28 PM
It's a dental drill bit. I forget what size though.

I'll never pick my toof with that thing again w/o novacaine or NOX!:rolleyes: :D

87MCProstar
07-26-2007, 06:47 PM
very good info, when blowing into the hose (i know this is probably a stupid question but) its at the end that connects to the speedo right? does anyone know the size of the bit??

tex
07-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Wow, does Ump have to be wearing them to use that tool? Gotta leave a mark.

TMCNo1
07-26-2007, 07:21 PM
very good info, when blowing into the hose (i know this is probably a stupid question but) its at the end that connects to the speedo right? does anyone know the size of the bit??

Take the tube loose from the speedo pitot and blow thru the pitot, not the tube!
Just pick out a bit that is smaller than the pitot hole.

tex
07-26-2007, 07:22 PM
This getting a little Brokeback for me!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-26-2007, 08:25 PM

I'll go get dressed. Hold onto your hat Rapuzul :D
Yep, I think they specifically requested a fat one too, so your in business!!!8p :D ;)

kingu
07-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Wow, does Ump have to be wearing them to use that tool? Gotta leave a mark.
strange how the words "ump" and "tool" came up in the same sentence. j/k...love ya man ;)

:D

don't forget your nipple tassels!!! :woohoo:

07-26-2007, 09:27 PM
UMP may be a tool, but he is on the "toolman"!! :cool: :D

kingu
07-26-2007, 09:31 PM
UMP may be a tool, but he is on the "toolman"!! :cool: :D
If I had to pick what kind of "tool" you are...it would be a SCREWdriver :cool:

07-26-2007, 09:34 PM
If I had to pick what kind of "tool" you are...it would be a SCREWdriver :cool:
hookers......

(oops, wrong thread.)

kingu
07-26-2007, 09:44 PM
hookers......

(oops, wrong thread.)

:uglyhamme

07-26-2007, 09:58 PM
:uglyhamme
:cool: :cool: :cool:

TMCNo1
07-26-2007, 10:06 PM
This getting a little Brokeback for me!

As in "Brokeback Speedo Mountain" I would guess!

87MCProstar
07-27-2007, 01:31 PM
love the semi-thread jack, the tips are helpful too thanks guys! and sorry to disappoint those who were looking for a picture of a guy in a speedo.

TMCNo1
07-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Maristar told me to post mine since he was wearing his!