PDA

View Full Version : Considering Update of 79SS

Slinkyredfoot
07-24-2007, 08:24 PM
I have been a proud owner of a 79SS I purchased brand new in this model year and still own this craft...

I have been looking to upgrade to new tech and features in a more roomy, up to date ride....

At the lake, my next door neighbor on one side own a 24' Supra Launch...he has complained and pointed out to me the rusting screws on the tower speakers, the sloopy welds on his tower, not to mention other nuances that will never please this guy about his boat...

My next dooor neighbor on the other side, just took delivery on a new Malibu Wakesetter, at least that is what is plastered all over the side of the boat. He has been voicing his concerns about the front ballast in this open bow boat, when it is full the boat takes on gallons of water over the bow, the engine, Hammerhead 383 seems to be okay but the serviceablitly area of the engine seems to be lax at best.

My question to you earnest, biased owners, what should I look into as far as a well designed, care free, reliable boat that in my best dreams will give me years of joy and happiness as an owner with a faboulous slalom and barefooting wake???? .. I am lost and conflicted.......:confused: :rolleyes:

Monte
07-24-2007, 08:28 PM
I have been a proud owner of a 79SS I purchased brand new in this model year and still own this craft...

I have been looking to upgrade to new tech and features in a more roomy, up to date ride....

At the lake, my next door neighbor on one side own a 24' Supra Launch...he has complained and pointed out to me the rusting screws on the tower speakers, the sloopy welds on his tower, not to mention other nuances that will never please this guy about his boat...

My next dooor neighbor on the other side, just took delivery on a new Malibu Wakesetter, at least that is what is plastered all over the side of the boat. He has been voicing his concerns about the front ballast in this open bow boat, when it is full the boat takes on gallons of water over the bow, the engine, Hammerhead 383 seems to be okay but the serviceablitly area of the engine seems to be lax at best.

My question to you earnest, biased owners, what should I look into as far as a well designed, care free, reliable boat that in my best dreams will give me years of joy and happiness as an owner with a faboulous slalom and barefooting wake???? .. I am lost and conflicted.......:confused:

I hope you plan to keep the 79....:confused: :confused:

The choice for slolom would be the 197..............:cool:

TMCNo1
07-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Thunder and lightening is all around and I definately need to take a break from this site for a while to clear my mind!

ski_king
07-24-2007, 08:44 PM
I think you have the best of the 3 boats you described by far.:D
The only one that comes close to your 79 is your 1998 ProStar 205.;)

TMCNo1
07-24-2007, 08:49 PM
I want one of them SqueeDoo squirt boats and a Wego Kite Toob, so I can start having some fun, but my evil stepfather says I need to learn how to drive girls first!:firejump::woohoo: :banana:

Slinkyredfoot
07-24-2007, 08:53 PM
I think you have the best of the 3 boats you described by far.:D
The only one that comes close to your 79 is your 1998 ProStar 205.;)

So are you saying I ought to buy it back the 98 for 2g's more than I sold it for???....:D

Slinkyredfoot
07-24-2007, 08:55 PM
I want one of them SqueeDoo squirt boats and a Wego Kite Toob, so I can start having some fun, but my evil stepfather says I need to learn how to drive girls first!:firejump::woohoo: :banana:

Now you are catching my drift, driving the girls IS the best choice, so what boat should I buy???

Monte
07-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Now you are catching my drift, driving the girls IS the best choice, so what boat should I buy???

Where is UMP when you need him.. He has the BEST knowledge of Hukers:rolleyes:

Slinkyredfoot
07-24-2007, 09:16 PM

Yea, he is is never around when you need him, and always around when you don't......it just figures doesn't it Monte???

Monte
07-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Yea, he is is never around when you need him, and always around when you don't......it just figures doesn't it Monte???

Well, You're stuck now.. You'll just have to marvel at #1's Girls of Waffle House calendar8p

Slinkyredfoot
07-24-2007, 09:35 PM
yea...I have, I fell in love with Miss August....

mrcrowson
07-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Go for the best.. 197 is your new boat. If you don't believe me just come over and check mine out. But call me first.

Slinkyredfoot
07-24-2007, 09:55 PM
Go for the best.. 197 is your new boat. If you don't believe me just come over and check mine out. But call me first.

I told you I would buy yours, but I don't have a job....:D

ProTour X9
07-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Why is the 197 the best slalom boat?

Slinkyredfoot
07-24-2007, 10:07 PM
I am totally apalled that no one gets the gist of this thread other than a few who have PM'ed me. Let's have some fun here, I know I am being sarcastic but I always read "MAD" magazine, and look at "Playboy" pictures...I am just being honest...does anyone have a sense of humor????

Monte
07-24-2007, 10:08 PM
yea...I have, I fell in love with Miss August....
January for me:o

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Relax, relax, gentlemen. I am here. :D Hookers? well, if you have a hooker born in 79, keep her. Good Stuff there!

Slinky, keep the 79!!!!!!!! KEEP IT!!! well, unless you sell it to me!;)

just kiddin, really man, keep that fine ride. a newer "ski" boat aint gonna give you any more room unless you go bigger like a 214 or X series. keep it. that ride is sacred! I skied Behind Jimmy Stephens 83 MC last year and that boat is like butta!!!

Keep it!!!

Slinkyredfoot
07-24-2007, 10:11 PM
January for me:o

I still love August Monte, you know you love her too....

07-24-2007, 10:11 PM
Well, You're stuck now.. You'll just have to marvel at #1's Girls of Waffle House calendar8p
oops, forgot. you guys wanted advice.

the hookers are on the corner, just drive down there, wave a bunch a money out the window and they will find you. :cool: the best ones come out at about noon.

Slinkyredfoot
07-24-2007, 10:14 PM
oops, forgot. you guys wanted advice.

the hookers are on the corner, just drive down there, wave a bunch a money out the window and they will find you. :cool: the best ones come out at about noon.

yea Monte and I just stopped there, some fat guy said they all took off with a guy named "UMP"....

Monte
07-24-2007, 10:14 PM
I still love August Monte, you know you love her too....

You caught me lookin... Dayum...:o

07-24-2007, 10:17 PM
yea Monte and I just stopped there, some fat guy said they all took off with a guy named "UMP"....
I meant YOUR corner!:rolleyes: not my corner! there are never any on MY corner! they are always busy! and I am always broke, dontchano!

Monte
07-24-2007, 10:18 PM
just kiddin, really man, keep that fine ride. a newer "ski" boat aint gonna give you any more room unless you go bigger like a 214 or X series. keep it. that ride is sacred! I skied Behind Jimmy Stephens 83 MC last year and that boat is like butta!!!

Keep it!!!

I'm still of the opinion of the old rides have already stood the test of time... massage them as you would a new one, and she'll take care of you...

Slinkyredfoot
07-24-2007, 10:19 PM
I meant YOUR corner!:rolleyes: not my corner! there are never any on MY corner! they are always busy! and I am always broke, dontchano!

We talked to a couple on our corner, and they informed us you alwyas "short changed" them...

07-24-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm still of the opinion of the old rides have already stood the test of time... massage them as you would a new one, and she'll take care of you...
same thing with hookers. :cool:

07-24-2007, 10:21 PM
We talked to a couple on our corner, and they informed us you alwyas "short changed" them...
No, no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no, NO! I always pay in full! cash, green, bread, money baby! I am cheap, but not that cheap!:o

Monte
07-24-2007, 10:21 PM

Did he have a purple leisure suit and felt hat on??:rolleyes:

Slinkyredfoot
07-24-2007, 10:25 PM
No he was the fat guy with the cape...remember????

Monte
07-24-2007, 10:31 PM

Nah I was thinkin about willie... hes a pimp..... Hadn't ever heard of cape guyII.. Hey UMP whos the snitch??:cool:
We gotta find him out:rant:

TMCNo1
07-25-2007, 06:47 AM
I am totally apalled that no one gets the gist of this thread other than a few who have PM'ed me. Let's have some fun here, I know I am being sarcastic but I always read "MAD" magazine, and look at "Playboy" pictures...I am just being honest...does anyone have a sense of humor????

The GSA has some tugs at auction for civilians to buy. Paint one up and apply MC decals and you've got a real work boat.
I don't read Mad magazine, I wartch the TV show and don't read Playboy, cause they ain't scratch and sniff!:rolleyes: :D

07-25-2007, 10:09 AM
fat guy with a cape? musta been staristar trying to disguise himself as me.....

07-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Nah I was thinkin about willie... hes a pimp..... Hadn't ever heard of cape guyII.. Hey UMP whos the snitch??:cool:
We gotta find him out:rant:
no idea whatcho talkin bout monte!:confused:

TMCNo1
07-25-2007, 10:19 AM
The GSA has some tugs at auction for civilians to buy. Paint one up and apply MC decals and you've got a real work boat.
I don't read Mad magazine, I wartch the TV show and don't read Playboy, cause they ain't scratch and sniff!:rolleyes: :D

Here is the link, http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucindx/
See Boats and Marine Equipment!

TMCNo1
07-25-2007, 10:25 AM
same thing with hookers. :cool:

Let us know if you find any deals UMP, http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADBF_enUS232US232&q=Hookers

07-25-2007, 10:35 AM
Let us know if you find any deals UMP, http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADBF_enUS232US232&q=Hookers
I try to get them wholesale rather than retail Harold. just sayin......;) 8p

Monte
07-25-2007, 10:48 AM
no idea whatcho talkin bout monte!:confused:

Good deal:cool: I don't either;)