PDA

View Full Version : Mastercraft- For all Generations

mccobmd
07-24-2007, 12:37 PM
I am relatively new to TT and to owning a Mastercraft. After exhaustive research (my nature and training) and searching I bought a 2006 X1 in April of 2007. I have been skiing behind an I/O since I was 8 and at age 40 tore my knee up and bruised my ribs at 35MPH behind a Seadoo Jet Boat on a slalom ski. I know you young guys are thinking no big deal but trust me after 40 it takes a while to heal. After 9 months of Rehab I got back on the water on a wakeboard. The speed is slower and less wear and tear on my knee (I ride with the good knee in back which helps). Before long my 10 year old and I were hooked and wanted a tower and a bigger wake to progress. My wife and daughter still slalom so I needed something that would do both well even if it wasn't perfect for either. I needed to haul more that 7 people so the X7 was out and the X14 wasn't out yet. After 30 straight days of rain in Oklahoma I finally got a long weekend with my whole family. My dad always wanted an inboard but could never afford it. He told me if I ever got one he'd learn to wakeboard. My wife let me buy the X1 unseen and on July 13th three generations-my son 12, myself at age 42 and my dad at age 68 hit the water at Beavers Bend Reservoir and in a 45min period there were three generations behind the best boat anyone in my family has ever owned. I may not post a lot but that's because I work a lot, and when I don't I'm where we all really want to be, Behind the best towboats in the world. I attached pictures of the boat and all three of us, hope they show up.

kingu
07-24-2007, 12:44 PM
very cool. :cool: my father is 72 but in great shape...still don't think he would wakeboard though. have fun and don't be a stranger. :D

Maristar210
07-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Hey Welcome aboard !!!

Great photo's Looks like there will be more generations of boaters where that came from.

I like the looks of the MC decal on the side of the boat. Did you add that?

peason
07-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Very cool. I think it's great to see your dad out there, I hope I am skiing behind my kids boat some day!

Jkelly
07-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Thats cool, the lake I go to want let more that one person behind the boat at a time.

Doug G
07-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Welcome and very nice! Lots of fun when the whole family is involved!

chudson
07-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Welcome mccobmd and great post and pictures!!! Not alot of kids can say they went wakeboarding with their Grandpa!!!

mccobmd
07-24-2007, 01:16 PM
The silver mastercraft decal on the side was my idea, it reminds me more of the classic boats than one of the "X" decals. Besides, old school is in.

ProTour X9
07-24-2007, 03:10 PM
The silver mastercraft decal on the side was my idea, it reminds me more of the classic boats than one of the "X" decals. Besides, old school is in.

I wish others would think like you, too cool man!:cool: Welcome to the board!

swatguy
07-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Very very very cool.

As far as the boat I love white boats. Always have! If I ever pull the trigger on a new one All white witha black graphic just like that. Hope you won't mind :)

fintek9
07-24-2007, 03:29 PM
thats so cool, welcome, got to say that decal decision is way to cool,
I see copycats a comin, and I might be one, sorry. haha ...my dad will ride in the boat but can't get him behind it "yet".........

KnoxX2
07-24-2007, 03:34 PM
Sweet boat and glad to here that you are enjoying it with all of your family.

TMCNo1
07-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerseydave
07-24-2007, 04:40 PM
Very cool! Congrats on the new boat!

I always wanted a 3 generation pic of my dad, me and my son but my dad got cancer when my son was 4, so needless to say the 3 of us never skied together. :(

All 3 of you should ride together if possible and take lots of pics. It'll be a day you'll never forget!

Harvey
07-24-2007, 06:58 PM
That is awesome.

And I really like the clean look without the hockey stripe.