PDA

View Full Version : Considering a 2006 Supra Comp 20...

trunderw
07-24-2007, 01:29 PM
I have an 87 prostar but I'm thinking about getting a new 2006 supra comp 20. Anyone have any opinions on this? I'm going for a test drive this weekend. It's from a dealer so it's still new but it does have a couple hours on it (<10). comments? suggestions?

Ric
07-24-2007, 01:31 PM
This ought to get good

east tx skier
07-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Given this forum's policies regarding statements promoting other brands, I think most of the comments you'll get here will necessarily be pretty one sided. Just sayin'.

trunderw
07-24-2007, 01:34 PM
I thought that the 'promoting' of other brands was a bit more than general comments or thoughts on the brands. I'm not asking for a sales pitch. gawd, even this forum is overrun with politics...

Ric
07-24-2007, 01:35 PM
I thought that the 'promoting' of other brands was a bit more than general comments or thoughts on the brands. I'm not asking for a sales pitch. gawd, even this forum is overrun with politics... How do you feel about Hillary in 08?

Jkelly
07-24-2007, 01:37 PM
This is like going to a chevy dealer and asking what they think about a Ford. Were is your head??

Sodar
07-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Not Interested.. I know what I like!

fintek9
07-24-2007, 01:39 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

jkski
I'll go ahead and ask the question....
Why a Supra? If you like your 87 MC, why not stay with an MC? Is this solely a price point decision or are other factors in place and if so what are they?
Long story short, tour the factories before you make any decision and your decision will be made for you.

east tx skier
I thought that the 'promoting' of other brands was a bit more than general comments or thoughts on the brands. I'm not asking for a sales pitch. gawd, even this forum is overrun with politics...

Hey, I'm just telling you what I know from my time in having to moderate this forum in the past. When it's in the context of I'm considering buying this new brand of boat over a MC, their collective ears will perk up.

That said, my brother-in-law has a 99 Supra Comp. Fine boat. If nothing has changed with that hull (apart from it being an open bow versus his closed bow), then the wake will be somewhat big, but soft, by comparison. The rough water ride will be better than what you're used to. Spray characteristics of the 99 were not particularly good by comparison. In the end, I wouldn't trade my 93 MC for a newer supra based on my experience. But I haven't skied anything newer than 99. So not exactly the best answer given your considerations. What has been said above about depreciation over time is absolutely something to consider as is the fact that Supra has really concentrated their efforts over the past years toward wake boats as opposed to slalom boats.

captain planet
07-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Do you like Daewoo, Yugo, or LeCar?

M-Funf
07-24-2007, 01:41 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Yup...what he said...

:popcorn:

endl
07-24-2007, 01:41 PM
My buddy just bought a Supra 21v....now he is going to trade for the 22v....I cannot understand his thinking. I think they are nice boats I just dont think they are the quality of a MC.
I think if its a $ issue you can probably shop around and get close on a MC. Long run you resale will be better on the MC.

peason
07-24-2007, 01:44 PM
Why do you think we really care? We own, drive and love MC boats - that's why we belong to this forum - if you want another brand then find thier forum!

trunderw
07-24-2007, 01:46 PM
The newer supras have some sort of trim tabs built into the back to supposedly help with the wake. That's why I'm checking it out. The lake we go to is loaded with jackasses in large blue water boats that make it painfully slow for me to travel around and it beats the crap out of us. My boat runs great but the only complaint I have is ride quality (in the boat -- not behind it). Do the newer MCs have that fixed now for those of us without private lakes?

Ric
07-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Newer MC's are only built for private lake use

Maristar210
You should buy a cl bu

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Jkelly
You need to compare Apples to Apples. Check out a 06 MC.

Sodar
07-24-2007, 01:49 PM

Maristar210
07-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Newer MC's are only built for private lake use

malibu's are intended for rough water right Ric?

Ric
07-24-2007, 01:50 PM
malibu's are intended for rough water right Ric? Yes, but only in Italy

yippikaiyay
07-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Without having a good look at new Supra products, the used ones I've seen don't compare with a MC - IMO.

Sodar

bigmac
I thought that the 'promoting' of other brands was a bit more than general comments or thoughts on the brands. I'm not asking for a sales pitch. gawd, even this forum is overrun with politics...It's not politics, it's rules. MasterCraft owns this site...and if you'll re-read those rules, you'll see that avoidance of competing boat brand discussions are part of their rules. They own the Team Talk site..they get to make the rules. Yep, that chafes a little bit at times, but it doesn't change the facts of ownership.

If you don't like those constraints, you may find more latitude in discussion on other sites such as wakesiderides or wakeworld, and more than likely a more objective set of opinions.

Maristar210
07-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Yes, but only in Italy

You mean if we were in Germany we would ahve to ride behind a Sanger?

captain planet
07-24-2007, 01:57 PM
malibu's are intended for rough water right Ric?
Yea that way the hydrofonic dampening box can delaminate and leak into their "vented stringers"...:D

bigmac
07-24-2007, 02:00 PM
The newer supras have some sort of trim tabs built into the back to supposedly help with the wake. That's why I'm checking it out. The lake we go to is loaded with jackasses in large blue water boats that make it painfully slow for me to travel around and it beats the crap out of us. My boat runs great but the only complaint I have is ride quality (in the boat -- not behind it). Do the newer MCs have that fixed now for those of us without private lakes?The newer MCs definitely have that ride quality problem fixed. The solution is called MariStar.

But be aware that the qualities that make the Prostar a great ski boat are the same qualities that beat the crap out of you in rough water. Can't have it both ways.

BTW, a wake plate similar-to but better-than Supra's can easily be added to any MasterCraft that doesn't already come with it. There are a couple of threads on that here on TT.

http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/Pictures/btmx14.jpg

André
07-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Well, that thread is moving nowhere fast...;)

Ric
07-24-2007, 02:01 PM
you guys are a buncha real *****. He was just trying to ask a question. cmon

Maristar210
07-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Yea that way the hydrofonic dampening box can delaminate and leak into their "vented stringers"...:D

I thought the ballast bag fans were supposed to keep that from happening?

endl
07-24-2007, 02:04 PM
You guys are brutal.........help the brother out............dont let him go do something he is going to regret.

Trim tabs are on my boat because its a tank and it needs them. Trim tabs on a competition "ski boat" are a compensation issue.

The "ride" in any DD competition ski boat is going to harsh in bad water. Its the nature of the boat. If you want a boat better in public lakes and waterways then you might want to look at bigger "hybrid" type boats that give you a benefit of a better hull for taking waves.

Maristar210
07-24-2007, 02:04 PM

I answered his question. put away your pocket ***** and get with the program 8p 8p

Maristar210
07-24-2007, 02:05 PM
The answer to your question in in my profile photograph. Don't buy a Supra, you'll be sorry.

Ric
07-24-2007, 02:06 PM
I answered his question. put away your pocket ***** and get with the program 8p 8p namely you Maristar210, you are the instigator of this bunch

captain planet
07-24-2007, 02:08 PM
I thought the ballast bag fans were supposed to keep that from happening?
Oh yea did you hear....lol...new for 08 they are putting the water intake for their ballast systems right in the stringers.....that way they don't have to drill another hole in the hull.....saves on hole saws at the factory. :purplaugh :uglyhamme

Maristar210
07-24-2007, 02:13 PM
namely you Maristar210, you are the instigator of this bunch

(scoobie looks up with his mouthfull of scoobie snacks and says)

HMMMM? NAWW MEEE?

Different strokes for different folks.

My buddy just bought another brand boat. I talked to him five times about trying to buy a boat on price only and even though he could have afforded an X2 anyday he bought otherwise.

Some people have a certain brand in thier heads and thats that.

If you want a comp ski boat and a boat that handles the rough water I am afraid they are not possible..

A Maristar might be a possibility.......

Ric
07-24-2007, 02:13 PM
For shame you people... For shame :noface:

captain planet
07-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Your right, I'm sorry...it's just I get started on this and just go with it.....bad/good habit. It's just I've seen how all the comp boat companies build thier boats and there is no comparison.

trunderw, take a look UNDER all the compartments, the bilge, the pylon mount, the seats, under all the gunnels, and look at how the components are put together to really compare the two. When it comes to the wake and the ride, beauty is in the handle of the rider/driver. When it comes to quality, there is a right way to build things and the wrong way. If you do your homework and you'll see that it isn't really much of a comparison.

Sorry for all my previous attempts at comedy.

Ric
07-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Your right, I'm sorry...it's just I get started on this and just go with it.....bad/good habit. It's just I've seen how all the comp boat companies build thier boats and their is no comparison.

trunderw, take a look UNDER all the compartments, the bilge, the pylon mount, the seats, under all the gunnels, and look at how the components are put together to really compare the two. When it comes to the wake, beauty is in the handle of the rider. When it comes to quality, there is a right way to build things and the wrong way. If you do your homework and you'll see that it isn't really much of a comparison. Nice work CP. I think he already quit us though.:(

fintek9
07-24-2007, 02:24 PM
yea but 39 hits on this thread in under 50 mins. not bad.
Is that a record?:D

trunderw
07-24-2007, 02:30 PM
I think now I may look at a Sanger...

Sodar
07-24-2007, 02:38 PM
I think now I may look at a Sanger...

Great Idea!! Here ya go: http://www.tmcowners.com/market/showproduct.php?product=1489&cat=7 If you have any questions, let me know!

SkiDog
07-24-2007, 02:43 PM
Either this guy is f------ with us, or just doesn't listen. Like someone on here already said, Take a FREE tour of each factory, pay attention to what the tour guides tell you, and then make your decision. Pretty soon after that, we'll be welcoming you as a new MC owner! Nuff said!

Ric
07-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Either this guy is f------ with us, or just doesn't listen. Like someone on here already said, Take a FREE tour of each factory, pay attention to what the tour guides tell you, and then make your decision. Pretty soon after that, we'll be welcoming you as a new MC owner! Nuff said! settle down, you high falutin new MC owner!

SkiDog
07-24-2007, 02:57 PM
settle down, you high falutin new MC owner!
Oh, I forgot!

Ryan27r
07-24-2007, 03:05 PM
If you do end up going the supra route I can say you will be happy in quality and performance. Yes the wake plate is nive but nicer for 07 is the smart plate where it starts with the plate up for better hole shot and when you get to the PP set speed it puts the plate to where you want it. I would get the 340 hp motor though.

uawaterskier
07-24-2007, 03:12 PM
quoted for truth

Roonie's
07-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Supra's are not backed up by their manufacturers. Go to wakeworld discussion boards and type in Supra gel coat and you will see how many folks have gel coat issues (blisters, spyder cracks) 3 years out and the manufacturer refuses to do anything about them. Also the fit and finish is not the same. Power is not as strong out of the hole. The seating is really low and it feels like your getting out of a bottomless couch. The front is sloped a lot and splashes a lot of water over the bow in minor waves.

These are things I noticed when comparing them side by side to an MC. I also test drove all the 07 Supra models and was not very impressed. I picked MC obviously since I am on this board.

Also our local MC dealer had a trade in 05 24' Supra with at least 5k of spyder cracks that the Supra dealer didn't want to touch. This particular boat was a replacement of another Supra that had the exact same problem. The guy trading it in went with an x-star and has never looked back.

trunderw
07-24-2007, 04:01 PM
lol don't get your panties in a wad skidog. i was kidding...though that's a nice enough looking boat sodar. I've driven a couple of the newer MCs and they do ride better than mine. I used to work for a boat builder so I have some experience with how they're making them. Do you guys know if they hand roll all the glass or if they're vacuum'd (mc or any of them)?

Ric
07-24-2007, 04:06 PM
I vacuum my MC after the kids have cheetos and such in there

east tx skier
07-24-2007, 04:08 PM
The newer supras have some sort of trim tabs built into the back to supposedly help with the wake. That's why I'm checking it out. The lake we go to is loaded with jackasses in large blue water boats that make it painfully slow for me to travel around and it beats the crap out of us. My boat runs great but the only complaint I have is ride quality (in the boat -- not behind it). Do the newer MCs have that fixed now for those of us without private lakes?

Supra has been using cavitation plates since the 80s or earlier. It has nothing to do with improving rough water ride though. It's about wake shape. The problem some had with this method was, since they were adjustable, the wake between Supras varied, which people looking for consistency between the boat they practiced behind and skied behind in tournaments, weren't terribly fond of.

captain planet
07-24-2007, 04:21 PM
lol don't get your panties in a wad skidog. i was kidding...though that's a nice enough looking boat sodar. I've driven a couple of the newer MCs and they do ride better than mine. I used to work for a boat builder so I have some experience with how they're making them. Do you guys know if they hand roll all the glass or if they're vacuum'd (mc or any of them)?
All the glass in hand rolled. I know some manufacturers use vacuum molded dashes and glove box lids, but I dont' think MC uses any vacuum molded components. I'll have to look that one up.

captain planet
07-24-2007, 04:24 PM
I just looked it up and Supra uses vacuum molded bases for their seats.

KnoxX2
07-24-2007, 04:27 PM

OK so here it is......................

Yes Mastercraft hand rolls all hulls. They do vacuum some small parts like trailer fenders.

Now I have been to both factorys and seen both tour by the VP 's of both Co.s I can tell you that Supra makes a nice boat however MC makes and outstanding boat. If price is what you are looking at, you will find that when you add all the options that come standerd on a MC you could have gotten a MC. There is alot of dealers on this site and would be more than happy to help you in that area:D

If you want to be truely happy and enjoy your boat for years to come by a MC. Remember there is more to getting a new boat besides just price. You need to look at service after the sale and the Company as a whole.

You should take a look at the X2 it is a true 20 foot boat that feels like a 24 foot boat.

If you would like I could set you up with a tour of boath factorys!

Ryan27r
07-24-2007, 04:33 PM
Roonie yes they do back there customers we had some mild crazing on our deck they took the boat back and put a new deck on it. So Ronia had a problem talk when you have had a personal experience with skiers choice...

wgwollet
07-24-2007, 04:33 PM
We had a Supra that was new in 1993. The boat was never any good from a fit and finish stand point. We bought it from a dealer new that sold MC and Supra's. We traded for a MC 205....because the Supra took on water at the weld seam.

We also noticed that the Supra tend to be a smaller volume boat in our area and very few people would buy them. It was like the Centurion and other low volume brands........very few on the lake.

Ryan27r
07-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Supra's are not backed up by their manufacturers. Go to wakeworld discussion boards and type in Supra gel coat and you will see how many folks have gel coat issues (blisters, spyder cracks) 3 years out and the manufacturer refuses to do anything about them. Also the fit and finish is not the same. Power is not as strong out of the hole. The seating is really low and it feels like your getting out of a bottomless couch. The front is sloped a lot and splashes a lot of water over the bow in minor waves.

These are things I noticed when comparing them side by side to an MC. I also test drove all the 07 Supra models and was not very impressed. I picked MC obviously since I am on this board.

Also our local MC dealer had a trade in 05 24' Supra with at least 5k of spyder cracks that the Supra dealer didn't want to touch. This particular boat was a replacement of another Supra that had the exact same problem. The guy trading it in went with an x-star and has never looked back.
He obvioulsly didnt have a very good dealer.

And to the comment of the X2 feeling like a 24 foot boat. thats laughable I for one having sat side by side with an X2 and 24 foot boat the X2 is small

KnoxX2
07-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Roonie yes they do back there customers we had some mild crazing on our deck they took the boat back and put a new deck on it. So Ronia had a problem talk when you have had a personal experience with skiers choice...

I think Ryan has a Supra!!!!!!!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

KnoxX2
07-24-2007, 04:39 PM
Show me a 20 foot boat that you can get 12 people in and still have room. Trust me I own one.

Be care full Ryan remember what fourm you are on!!!!!!

Maristar210
07-24-2007, 04:40 PM
I vacuum my MC after the kids have cheetos and such in there

Yeah, and I'M the instigator? W T fE Ric:D

Ric
07-24-2007, 04:40 PM

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Maristar210
07-24-2007, 04:43 PM
He obvioulsly didnt have a very good dealer.

And to the comment of the X2 feeling like a 24 foot boat. thats laughable I for one having sat side by side with an X2 and 24 foot boat the X2 is small

Ryan,

Your maturity level is what is small. please don't come in here and start defending your Supra. Move along troll.

JimN
07-24-2007, 04:45 PM
trunderw- if you look on the MC site, they have a slideshow that deals with how they lay up the glass. AFAIK, it's all hand-laid and the gelcoat is sprayed into the mold before laying the glass on.

One thing MC does that I have never heard others doing is calibrating the motor/ECM to the specific boat model. MC and Supra/Moomba use Indmar drives but they don't have the same driveability characteristics. If Supra is still using wooden or hollow stringers, it can still be a problem. I'm also not aware that Supra has threaded metal plates set into he glass for bolting up the motor, transmission and accessories (where applicable). I don't know how many boats I worked on with stripped out and rotted mounting bolt holes. I saw maybe one cross-threaded MC mounting bolt but that was obviously done by someone who doesn't quite "get" threads.

If you're really being beaten to a pulp by the waves and wake, a Maristar would be a great choice. If you want a tournament ski boat and that kind of wake, you're going to have to live with a rough ride in chop since they have a flatter bottom.

KnoxX2
07-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Ryan I understand that you are very young and that you are refering to your boat that is realy your dads boat. But unless you have been to that factorys you can not speek on the diffrences between the build of each boat.

Is it nap time for you yet!

Sodar
07-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Anyone wanna take Ryan out back and handle it??? :wavey:

Ryan's stats do not look to promising!! I think UAwaterskier could take him!!

Date of Birth:
November 27, 1991
Team MasterCraft Member: YES
Boat Owned: not an MC

Interests:
wakeboarding,lacrosse,female specimen, and wake surfing

dmayer84
07-24-2007, 04:55 PM
I thought you couldnt be a Team mastercraft member without owning an MC

Maristar210
07-24-2007, 04:56 PM
I think it is time for Ryan's nap

Sodar
07-24-2007, 04:57 PM

KnoxX2
07-24-2007, 04:58 PM
When did team talk become a babysitting job?

TMCNo1
07-24-2007, 05:05 PM
SOS, different day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The icecream truck will be here in a little bit!

Sodar
07-24-2007, 05:06 PM

When they stopped checking ID's at the door. :friday:

KnoxX2
07-24-2007, 05:10 PM
This thred went no where fast.........................

Poor guy was just trying to get some info.......

rodltg2
07-24-2007, 05:22 PM
alot of teamtalkers are very fixated on fit , finish and resale. i'm more concerned on how it tracks down the course and skiis. however the supra comp 20 stinks at all the above.

Sodar
07-24-2007, 05:31 PM

Roonie's
07-24-2007, 05:41 PM

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Ryan is also 15 years old enough said.....

Ryan, I wouldn't buy skiers choice even if you paid me.......

baedriver
07-24-2007, 05:41 PM
I had a 91 supra, 97 sn 196 and now have a 2006 197. I have my opoinions but look what i have now. Supra was good and we wahsed her everytime we used and it began to show its age after about 6 years. I do not know much about the new ones but I love my 197.

Ric
07-24-2007, 05:42 PM
damn! this ryan guy is taking a beating

KnoxX2
07-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Ryan should have engaged his brain before he opened his mouth.

This is a MC site enough said.

Wouldn't you agree Ric?

Ric
07-24-2007, 05:46 PM
yes, it's a tough crowd

Sodar
07-24-2007, 05:48 PM

KnoxX2
07-24-2007, 05:51 PM
whoo just made it.

I just had my 7th anniversary of my 25th birthday.

Sodar
07-24-2007, 05:59 PM

captain planet
07-24-2007, 06:00 PM
Unfortunately, I did not make it, so you big guys be gentle.

I am not one of those kids who uses daddy's boat though... this baby is MINE! If that counts for anything!! :D
It just means the name on the payment book says, "SodarSki73"..8p

Ryan27r
07-24-2007, 06:00 PM
Those damned kids... always running their mouth!! :D We should take anyone under 25 yrs old out back and kick the carp out of them!!! 8p
Cameron get to the barn quick its not so bad.

dmayer84
07-24-2007, 06:01 PM
uh oh looks like im gonna get one too. Good thing its my boat and not my parents :woohoo:

beatle78
07-24-2007, 06:03 PM
what about a prostar 197?

My neighbor had a '92 prostar 190 that his wife hated b/c of the rough ride. He bought a '07 197 this year and commented on how the ride was much nicer in the chop than the old 190 was.........

There has been WORLD's of change since 1987 in the MC hulls (and all companies hulls for that matter)

Good luck making the decision.... I'm going home to ride in my MC :)

Sodar
07-24-2007, 06:06 PM
It just means the name on the payment book says, "SodarSki73"..8p

Yeah, it means that my hand was shaking uncontrollably when I had to write that check to Eric!!

I have passed on a lot of frivilous things to get to where I am. No cash to buy toys = NO toys!!

Sodar
07-24-2007, 06:08 PM

KnoxX2
07-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Well looks like we didn't run the kid off.

There might be help for him yet if he can take our ribbing.

Stick around kid you might learn something.

Ryan27r
07-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Look I never said MC made an inferior boat they make a great boat. For one my aunt has an 07 Maristar 200 its a nice boat My uncle has a 04 X-9 and that is an Ok boat it has seen better days but I guess a couple 20 year olds that dont care can run a boat down pretty quick. However the comments some have made espessialy referring to Ronias post a wakeworld are wrong. Would MC fix a boat that 4 years old has some blistering and the warranty was not transferred correctly? My guess is no they may try to meat you half way but not say oh will fix the gel on a boat thats warranty had not been transferred no they may split the cost like skiers choice was willing to do. But lets all go go make some blind statements.

Im going golfing due to 450 Hp being to hard on a packing nut.

Ryan27r
07-24-2007, 06:16 PM
trunderw (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=7598) If you decide to get the Comp 20 you will be very happy with your purchase. Its not to bad but all the Mc guys will sentence you to eternal damnation.(pretty goood imo)

Ric
07-24-2007, 06:18 PM
My guess is no they may try to meat you half way but not say oh will fix the gel on a boat thats warranty had not been transferred no they may split the cost like skiers choice was willing to do. But lets all go go make some blind statements.

Im going golfing due to 450 Hp being to hard on a packing nut. I don't want anyone trying to meat me

Yellow X9
07-24-2007, 06:18 PM
This is like going to a chevy dealer and asking what they think about a Ford. Were is your head??

+2, that otta just about cover it

KnoxX2
07-24-2007, 06:26 PM
But lets all go go make some blind statements.

Im going golfing due to 450 Hp being to hard on a packing nut.

Go go what!:confused:

***8p

Mods are quick................
I will do better......please don't beat me. I'll be good

KnoxX2
07-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Ok looks like Ryan did not have a long enough Nap today.
Go home kid I think I hear your mom calling you for dinner.

Better wash your dads boat or he will not give you a ride this weekend..

Moderator4
07-24-2007, 06:39 PM
I have to admit the fun part is reading the thread and looking for multiple usernames with the same IP address.

Sodar
07-24-2007, 06:40 PM
I have to admit the fun part is reading the thread and looking for multiple usernames with the same IP address.

:D :confused: How many did you find??? :confused: :D

KnoxX2
07-24-2007, 06:41 PM
Ok spill it

Fill us in who is Ryan?

east tx skier
07-24-2007, 06:44 PM

December 2005 until earlier this year.

Ryan27r
07-24-2007, 07:15 PM
:D :confused: How many did you find??? :confused: :D I only have one screen name

Oh and knox I got 12 hours of sleep I shouldnt need my power nap today...

KnoxX2
07-24-2007, 07:20 PM
12 Hours ....................................?

Must be nice to be on summer break!!!

Ryan27r
07-24-2007, 07:34 PM
from 12 to 12 are my hours but hey I mowed the lawn today

TMCNo1
07-24-2007, 08:06 PM
My "Ignore List" just keeps growing and growing and growing!

I submitted my "Ignore List" to the local school district as a joke and they appointed me a special bus for all my children, cause they said from their profiles, they all had developmental problems and needed adult supervision and a nanny!

Roonie's
07-24-2007, 08:12 PM
LOL.... absolutely.

the kid can't even legally drive a boat in MN.

(Needs someone 21 years of age in boat at all times, what does this tell you?)

Maristar210
07-24-2007, 08:36 PM
LOL.... absolutely.

I have had a run in with this misinformed loud mouth kid before. He's a kid and I'll save the adjectives I am thinking but he has stepped across the line on a site owned by MC.

Knock it off Junior. Go look up the user ID Redstar and see what happened to him. Your headed there as well so be careful how you post.

bigmac
07-24-2007, 08:43 PM
LOL.... absolutely.

I don't know about Lake Minnetonka, but he'd be legal driving his dad's Supra by himself in the rest of Minnesota if he has a watercraft operator's permit. Up here, watercraft operators and gun safety certificate training are part of the grade school curriculum for 12 year olds.

TX.X-30 fan
07-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Yeah, it means that my hand was shaking uncontrollably when I had to write that check to Eric!!

I have passed on a lot of frivilous things to get to where I am. No cash to buy toys = NO toys!!

So what happend with these. :noface: :noface:

:D :D

Roonie's
07-24-2007, 08:52 PM
I don't know about Lake Minnetonka, but he'd be legal driving his dad's Supra by himself in the rest of Minnesota if he has a watercraft operator's permit. Up here, watercraft operators and gun safety certificate training are part of the grade school curriculum for 12 year olds.

WOW, didn't know watercraft operator certifiacte training was part of the school curriculum. Just moved to MN myself. Will look forward to my kids taking part in it when they are of age.

jrhollow
07-24-2007, 09:09 PM
WOW, didn't know watercraft operator certificate training was part of the school curriculum. Just moved to MN myself. Will look forward to my kids taking part in it when they are of age.

LOL....

Pretty sure he meant every kid that has access to a boat has done it. All that is required is a quick skim of a water safety booklet, a m/c test with adult supervision (right!), and you're legal to drive.

TMCNo1
07-24-2007, 09:27 PM
LOL....

Pretty sure he meant every kid that has access to a boat has done it. All that is required is a quick skim of a water safety booklet, a m/c test with adult supervision (right!), and you're legal to drive.

Then the next big thing in life is Daddy takes Jr. to his favorite local cathouse for his first attempt at relations with Daddy's supervision.

TMCNo1
07-24-2007, 09:28 PM
LOL....

Then the next big thing in life is Daddy takes Jr. to his favorite local cathouse for his first attempt at relations with Daddy's supervision.:eek:

bigmac
07-24-2007, 09:43 PM
LOL....

Pretty sure he meant every kid that has access to a boat has done it. All that is required is a quick skim of a water safety booklet, a m/c test with adult supervision (right!), and you're legal to drive.Nah...it's actually a part of the curriculum, voluntary and extra, but provided by the school and taught by volunteers. For gun safety, I recall the school provided transportation to the shooting range, the volunteers provided the guns (single shot bolt action .22's). I forgot to mention snowmobile safety certificate, which is a course available for 12 year-olds too. I'm sure it varies from school district to school district. Typical of districts up here, Twin Cities I don't know.

jrhollow
07-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Nah...it's actually a part of the curriculum, voluntary and extra, but provided by the school and taught by volunteers. For gun safety, I recall the school provided transportation to the shooting range, the volunteers provided the guns (single shot bolt action .22's). I forgot to mention snowmobile safety certificate, which is a course available for 12 year-olds too. I'm sure it varies from school district to school district. Typical of districts up here, Twin Cities I don't know.

I grew up in the cities (Woodbury) and gun/snowmobile safety were all offered by clubs and not tied into the school district. Boaters safety was all done by mail (10+ years ago).

bigmac
07-24-2007, 10:22 PM
I grew up in the cities (Woodbury) and gun/snowmobile safety were all offered by clubs and not tied into the school district. Boaters safety was all done by mail (10+ years ago).It's been 10 years since my kids did those courses. The details are fuzzy, but I remember the permission slips they brought home from school. I was asked to volunteer to bring a sled to the school and teach part of it way back then.

Now, kids in Minnesota 12-17 can get the boating safety certificate by taking an online course at http://boat-ed.com/mn/mn_internet.htm which would let them operate any boat without an adult on board. I gotta say, the thought of a 12 year-old unsupervised behind the wheel of a 350 hp $50,000 boat certainly does give one pause....

Ric
07-24-2007, 10:34 PM
now THAT is funny!

Good thread, Good thread! Not gay at all!

So what happend with these. :noface: :noface:

:D :D

Sodar
07-24-2007, 11:03 PM
So what happend with these. :D

Kick Rocks Stu-Baby... you old fart! :D 8p :D

Ryan27r
07-24-2007, 11:45 PM
Roonie I am legal to drive the big old supra by myself but thanks for your consideration. Just like I have my permit my firearms saftey training and snowmobile safety.

Yes Bigmac it is unnerving you could pay the fee on the internet and have the book in hand giving you the answers...

Ryan27r
07-24-2007, 11:47 PM
I have had a run in with this misinformed loud mouth kid before. He's a kid and I'll save the adjectives I am thinking but he has stepped across the line on a site owned by MC.

Knock it off Junior. Go look up the user ID Redstar and see what happened to him. Your headed there as well so be careful how you post. So what happened to red star? I simply gave the man what he was looking for and you all jumped on me. I to like Mc's just as much as the next guy. Also what about the loud boats cause I have to admit it was a pretty good argument (imho).

Red star did not show up on the member list tell me a story please I like stories.8p

bdecker
07-25-2007, 09:45 AM
As a former Supra owner I can say that I did love my 89 Comp. Last weekend I had the opportunity to drive Supra's "Moomba" brand for a club member through the course. He was only running 28 MPH, and even at that speed the acceleration and tracking were miserable... The boat did not have any rudder torque, which might have helped. And for clarity it was a Moomba Outback, not a Supra Comp. I think they are the same hull, but I'm not sure. My suggestion is to try driving it and a newer MC through the course with a decent skier. I suspect it'll make the decision a little easier...

Since my old 89 was brand new, I think the company has reorganized 3-4 times. They look strong now in the wakeboard market, but you have to question their committment to serious ski boats... The 2000-something Moomba was not in the same league as my 89 in any aspect, so it seems product development has taken them away from the things they were doing right.

That being said, I have not tried a new Comp. Based on what I've seen in skiing and driving the big three, I'd buy my 197 anyday. The other two do make a decent product though, which keeps all three moving in the direction of providing higher quality an performance, which is good for everyone. Unfortunately, in the ski boat market I'm not sure Supra is in the game.

Ric
07-25-2007, 09:48 AM
I too am an admitted former Supra Comp owner.

Had alotta fun in that boat, but it aint no MasterCraft!:D

As a former Supra owner I can say that I did love my 89 Comp. Last weekend I had the opportunity to drive Supra's "Moomba" brand for a club member through the course. He was only running 28 MPH, and even at that speed the acceleration and tracking were miserable... The boat did not have any rudder torque, which might have helped. And for clarity it was a Moomba Outback, not a Supra Comp. I think they are the same hull, but I'm not sure. My suggestion is to try driving it and a newer MC through the course with a decent skier. I suspect it'll make the decision a little easier...

Since my old 89 was brand new, I think the company has reorganized 3-4 times. They look strong now in the wakeboard market, but you have to question their committment to serious ski boats... The 2000-something Moomba was not in the same league as my 89 in any aspect, so it seems product development has taken them away from the things they were doing right.

That being said, I have not tried a new Comp. Based on what I've seen in skiing and driving the big three, I'd buy my 197 anyday. The other two do make a decent product though, which keeps all three moving in the direction of providing higher quality an performance, which is good for everyone. Unfortunately, in the ski boat market I'm not sure Supra is in the game.

Jkelly
07-25-2007, 10:00 AM
I can not believe this thread is still alive.

Ric
07-25-2007, 10:02 AM
I can not believe this thread is still alive. You have my permission to use my line : DIE THREAD DIE

Jkelly
07-25-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks

Die Thread Die

TX.X-30 fan
07-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Kick Rocks Stu-Baby... you old fart! :D

Thats Mr. old fart to you young Sodar. :D :D

SHADES ARE STILL GEY. ;)

TX.X-30 fan
07-25-2007, 10:29 AM
[QUOTE=Ric]I too am an admitted former Supra Comp owner.

Takes a real man/woman to admit past mistakes. 8p I see the potential for personal growth here. ;) :D

Sodar
07-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Thats Mr. old fart to you young Sodar. :D :D

SHADES ARE STILL GEY. ;)

I will consult with you the next time I make a sunglass purchase, Mr. Old Fart! :D

TMCNo1
07-25-2007, 11:13 AM
So what happened to red star? I simply gave the man what he was looking for and you all jumped on me. I to like Mc's just as much as the next guy. Also what about the loud boats cause I have to admit it was a pretty good argument (imho).

Red star did not show up on the member list tell me a story please I like stories.8p

It's simple!
He was banned week before last for refusing to stop bashing, being a jerk, and not observing the rules he agreed to when he signed on as a member of Team Talk, even after some of his posts were edited because of content and repeated PM's warning him about his conduct from the Moderators.
You know the old saying, "Play with Fire and You Pee In The Bed"!

bigmac
07-25-2007, 11:18 AM
I can't believe that people who aren't interested in anything going on in this thread are still clicking on it...

Ric
07-25-2007, 11:22 AM
I can't believe that people who aren't interested in anything going on in this thread are still clicking on it... I am not one bit interested:rolleyes:

Roonie's
07-25-2007, 11:24 AM
funny thread cookies and juiceboxes for everyone.

captain planet
07-25-2007, 11:25 AM
I can't believe that people who aren't interested in anything going on in this thread are still clicking on it...
I keep checking on this just to make sure the differences in construction between the two brands don't get missed. ;)

I have the feeling that point is getting lost the all the extra posts.

Ric
07-25-2007, 11:25 AM
I can't stop looking. It's like a trainwreck

fintek9
07-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Me either.....but it was entertaining, thats fer sure.

captain planet
07-25-2007, 11:28 AM
This one and the "help me sell my bro an MC" have my attention, again they are both getting jacked to death and the point is getting missed.

ttu
07-25-2007, 11:31 AM
I keep checking on this just to make sure the differences in construction between the two brands don't get missed. ;)

I have the feeling that point is getting lost the all the extra posts.

i have set back and watched this thead go on and one. so i will post....

i now have a 07 x 2 (dream boat). i have owned 2 supra's. just sold my last ssv 22.

differences. hull on the mc is thicker, carpet and vinyl much nicer, ride better, better board racks along with bimini and so forth

supra, much more sturdy tower

wake wise, they are close (supra more steep than rampy)

in saying so i probably put over 400 hrs on my 2 supra's and never had any mechanical issue. on my first one i did have some spider cracks around the tower mounts (covered under warranty)

i think they produce a good boat (value wise), just not a mastercraft

KnoxX2
07-25-2007, 11:42 AM
I can't stop looking. It's like a trainwreck

:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

If thats not a true statement:D

TX.X-30 fan
07-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Lets just say, if I had a supra and the seats were turning "pink" would that be covered under my warranty.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :D

bigmac
07-25-2007, 11:44 AM
We should get the moderators to just delete all of the gay threads.

Ric
07-25-2007, 11:44 AM
then all there would be left is us braindead rednecks... what fun would that be?

Monte
07-25-2007, 11:50 AM
then all there would be left is us braindead rednecks... what fun would that be?

Hey..... Watch it:mad: ;) :D

Ric
07-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Hey..... Watch it:mad: ;) :D I wish I could remember that robin williams line from good morning vietnam when he started the barfight with the marines.

Monte
07-25-2007, 11:53 AM
I wish I could remember that robin williams line from good morning vietnam when he started the barfight with the marines.

UMP will know.. surely he will be along shortly;)

bigmac
07-25-2007, 11:53 AM
No fun, but somebody has to tell them which are the gay threads. Some of us can't tell, and we'd really hate to keep boring you guys.

captain planet
07-25-2007, 11:55 AM
the trainwreck continues..............

Ric
07-25-2007, 11:55 AM
No fun, but somebody has to tell them which are the gay threads. Some of us can't tell, and we'd really hate to keep boring you guys. Whatever you are implying, I know a gay thread when I see one and I call it out

bigmac
07-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Whatever you are implying, I know a gay thread when I see one and I call it outSome of us don't have your pithy insight.

Ric
Some of us don't have your pithy insight. Now this thread is gettin pithy

captain planet
Whatever you are implying, I know a gay thread when I see one and I call it out
sssstop it ssssailor 8p

KnoxX2
07-25-2007, 11:57 AM
OK Ric it is time to come out of the closet. JK

KnoxX2
07-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Hey..... Watch it:mad: ;) :D

Hey Monte gald to see you could join the trainwreck:D

Ric
07-25-2007, 11:58 AM
OK Ric it is time to come out of the closet. JK I'll show you gay! You guys cannot even agree on a gender, let alone an unnatural behavioral preference! 8p

KnoxX2
07-25-2007, 11:59 AM
I'll show you gay! You guys cannot even agree on a gender, let alone an unnatural behavioral preference! 8p

:D I knew that would get you going :rolleyes:

Ric
07-25-2007, 12:00 PM
wooooohooooooo

KnoxX2
07-25-2007, 12:09 PM
I will not let this thread Die till Ryan wakes up from his 12 hour sleep.

That Kid is fun to mess with.

Reminds me of the kid on the playground to we would stick in a garbage can everyday just for fun.............

Sodar
07-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Reminds me of the kid on the playground to we would stick in a garbage can everyday just for fun.............

would you mind keeping me out of this...

KnoxX2
07-25-2007, 12:21 PM
would you mind keeping me out of this...

Sorry Cam did not mean to bring back bad memories:D

TMCNo1
07-25-2007, 12:22 PM

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you rang????????????????????????:D

Why do you keep bothering me, I'm trying to crank my 7 Cameros and 6 El Caminos all at one time out in the front yard and the 13 male dogs I got won't stop barking, cause there is a female poodle in heat from next door running around the neighborhood! I can't take all this stress, I only got one 9 year old, 36 month blemished battery!

Leroy
07-25-2007, 01:48 PM
Da answer!

i have set back and watched this thead go on and one. so i will post....

i now have a 07 x 2 (dream boat). i have owned 2 supra's. just sold my last ssv 22.

differences. hull on the mc is thicker, carpet and vinyl much nicer, ride better, better board racks along with bimini and so forth

supra, much more sturdy tower

wake wise, they are close (supra more steep than rampy)

in saying so i probably put over 400 hrs on my 2 supra's and never had any mechanical issue. on my first one i did have some spider cracks around the tower mounts (covered under warranty)

i think they produce a good boat (value wise), just not a mastercraft

Ric
07-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Da answer! Thank God .......... the .... moderators:o

KnoxX2
07-25-2007, 02:36 PM
I just can't let this thread go.

However it is now getting borring

trunderw
07-25-2007, 04:05 PM
It probably won't help end the 'trainwreck' but thanks for all the input, comedic or not. It will all be taken into consideration. I am driving a Supra Comp 20, Launch 20, and a Maristar 209(?) this weekend. Either way, I don't plan on selling old faithful (the 87 prostar). I'll let ya'll know what I think. Thanks.

Roonie's
07-25-2007, 04:08 PM
It probably won't help end the 'trainwreck' but thanks for all the input, comedic or not. It will all be taken into consideration. I am driving a Supra Comp 20, Launch 20, and a Maristar 209(?) this weekend. Either way, I don't plan on selling old faithful (the 87 prostar). I'll let ya'll know what I think. Thanks.

They are all good boats as they are all inboards! At least they are not an I/O with a tower on it. Good luck and report back your findings.

endl
07-25-2007, 04:08 PM
Hey my buddy has a Launch 20 for sale with less than 20 HRS

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Thank God .......... the .... moderators:o
Looks like you two got alot to talk over, we'll just catch the last 10 minutes of Dynasty.

Ric
07-25-2007, 04:37 PM
It probably won't help end the 'trainwreck' but thanks for all the input, comedic or not. It will all be taken into consideration. I am driving a Supra Comp 20, Launch 20, and a Maristar 209(?) this weekend. Either way, I don't plan on selling old faithful (the 87 prostar). I'll let ya'll know what I think. Thanks. get pictures please

Ryan27r
07-25-2007, 04:48 PM

Only got 7 hours today had to work at 7:30

Ryan27r
07-25-2007, 04:51 PM
It's simple!
He was banned week before last for refusing to stop bashing, being a jerk, and not observing the rules he agreed to when he signed on as a member of Team Talk, even after some of his posts were edited because of content and repeated PM's warning him about his conduct from the Moderators.
You know the old saying, "Play with Fire and You Pee In The Bed"!
Wow a little insecure there? I have not once bashed MCI have actually said they make an excellant boat. I have said that Supra doesnt make a POS boat and it works for the application its intended for. Also I have never been notified I am breaking any rules.

TTYL Toober Tom (oops must have slipped) Its harold though isnt it?

bigmac
07-25-2007, 04:52 PM

Reminds me of the kid on the playground to we would stick in a garbage can everyday just for fun.............I'm not sure that the kid isn't actually messing with you...

east tx skier
07-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Wow a little insecure there?

Why is Harold insecure? That is what happened to RedStar. Didn't you ask what happened to him earlier?

captain planet
07-25-2007, 04:54 PM
Only got 7 hours today had to work at 7:30
Well, looks like preschool let out early today......

trunderw
07-25-2007, 04:55 PM
get pictures please
I'll bring the digital cam!

Ryan27r
07-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Why is Harold insecure? That is what happened to RedStar. Didn't you ask what happened to him earlier?He is so worried over someone saying that Supra makes a fine boat that will get the job done while in the mean time MasterCRAFT makes a great boat that will also do what it is intended to do!

Oh yea where are you maristar? I said I liked stories...

east tx skier
07-25-2007, 05:11 PM
He is so worried over someone saying that Supra makes a fine boat that will get the job done while in the mean time MasterCRAFT makes a great boat that will also do what it is intended to do!

Oh yea where are you maristar? I said I liked stories...

Not in the post you quoted. It was kind of confusing. The only thing I've seen Harold say to you directly was in response to your question. So is that the best answer you've got or do you want to try another one?

As you can see from my previous posts, I think Supras are good boats, but I hate to see people getting lippy with people who do a good deal of contributing to this forum.

Ryan27r
07-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Well, looks like preschool let out early today......now what is the pompous for a comment like that?
Since your the Captin though you may be able to enlighten me...:worthy:

Ric
07-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Someone Peed The Bed?

SkiDog
07-25-2007, 05:15 PM
I must really be bored to tears! I just sat here and read the last 14 pages of this f-----up thread!:confused: I think we should place bets on which boat he buys.

Ryan27r
07-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Im guessing he goes with the Supra but you never know the 209 Could throw a wrench into my guess.

trunderw
07-25-2007, 05:20 PM
interesting; i could throw off all those bets with a side bet via pm and a piece of the action ;) ... One interesting note is that the supra dealer offered me 2k more for my boat than the mc dealer...apparently july 31 is supra's fiscal year end so they're trying to push more boats. While it's not totally about money, my fiance did pick up extra interest when i mentioned that

Roonie's
07-25-2007, 05:24 PM
interesting; i could throw off all those bets with a side bet via pm and a piece of the action ;) ... One interesting note is that the supra dealer offered me 2k more for my boat than the mc dealer...apparently july 31 is supra's fiscal year end so they're trying to push more boats. While it's not totally about money, my fiance did pick up extra interest when i mentioned that

Buy what ever boat feels the best to you and fits your needs and budget. Look at the boat all over and notice the details. Test drive them and see is the only real way to tell. This is an MC site so you can understand the responses.

SkiDog
07-25-2007, 05:27 PM

I'm sure you've heard the old saying' "You get what you pay for''.:rolleyes:

endl
07-25-2007, 05:29 PM
fiance=finance..:D

Monte
07-25-2007, 05:32 PM

I used to sell cars.. That is a PLOY...

The end of the month is the best time to buy from any dealership.. Who did you go to LAST? Take the deal sheet to the MC dealer. I bet the go up on their offer.

One more thing. Check the used prices for both: say 15 years old.. (ebay, boat trader, craigs list) who held the value?

endl
07-25-2007, 05:35 PM
I used to sell cars.. That is a PLOY...

The end of the month is the best time to buy from any dealership.. Who did you go to LAST? Take the deal sheet to the MC dealer. I bet the go up on their offer.

One more thing. Check the used prices for both: say 15 years old.. (ebay, boat trader, craigs list) who held the value?
Hey Ryan27r should buy that they would be the same age!

Sodar
07-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Okay everybody, take five. This thread is starting to bump up against several rules, such as (1) Don't promote other brands, which according to the powers that be equates to, "don't suggest that someone buys another brand on the forum MC pays to maintain" and (2) Be nice to your fellow Team Talk members.

Some have remained well within these rules, while others have slipped.

I don't think it has hit rock bottom yet and it may get the chance to do so. But that's not going to happen for a while. So go check out some other threads, have a juice box, or do whatever else it is that puts a smile on your face.

-M1