PDA

View Full Version : can't wait until March

jlf
07-24-2007, 11:37 AM
In March Lance and I will be the proud parents of the newest member of the MasterCraft family. I am 8 1/2 weeks pregnant and things are going smoothly. We've had two ultrasounds already and things are growing just as they should be. Can't wait to bring a new life into the world!! AH just think in a few years we'll never have a spotter problem again!! Serioulsy we are over joyed and I am sure we are in for a world of life changes, but we are so ready.

I am due on my brithday March 4, what an awesome present!!

The only thing that's been hard for me is giving up the watersports activities. I know people have skied and riden into part of their pregnancies, but I guess with my age and with losing our first I'm not willing to take the risk. So I am the permanent spotter, driver, beer B**ch, rope girl and towel girl!! It's only one season.

pilot02
07-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Congratulations and hope everything turns out well!!

PS: there are never enough "hot" spotter's and beer b__tches around.... j/k 8p :D :rolleyes:

Hope to see ya'll in sept...

jlf
07-24-2007, 11:45 AM
I'll be there unless as long as things continue to go well!!

RexDog1
07-24-2007, 11:49 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!:D

Congratulation girl 8p

You are right, it is “life changing” but for the better!!!!!!
See if you can it on March 2nd!!!!!!!!!!! It is a good day to be born :rolleyes: LOL

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_66.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000)

jlf
07-24-2007, 11:53 AM
I'll see what I can do for you REXDOG!! I'm not sure how much control I have on that.....but I'll do what I can:)

chudson
07-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Congratulations to both of you and you take care of yourself!!!

TMCNo1
07-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Congratulations!

Jkelly
07-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Congratulation,

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Yeee Hawww!!! :D Rock on! we will have the little tyke Footin at MM4 next year!:D

Mag_Red
07-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Yeee Hawww!!! :D Rock on! we will have the little tyke Footin at MM4 next year!:DGreat news Carissa.....................so you guys are still coming to MM III ........right????:D

kycat2007
07-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Great to hear all is going well. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

JohnnyB
07-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Congrats! Awesome news!

jlf
07-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Mag as far as I can tell we are still planning on making the trip. I had to do some conviencing to Lance I'd still have fun even though water activities are out for me.

suedv
07-25-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm so happy for you!

fintek9
07-25-2007, 12:48 AM
you go girl, stay safe and out of the way of the rope!! :D

Leroy
07-25-2007, 01:01 AM
Congrats and you are smart to play it safe. Good thinking. We are on the other end sending our oldest to college....and yes the time really does fly by that quick!.

Workin' 4 Toys
07-25-2007, 01:16 AM
Congratulations. That is awesome news.

X2M
07-25-2007, 01:18 AM
Congratulations! :)

jlf
07-25-2007, 01:21 AM
Thanks everyone. I miss the water but I know in my heart avoiding as many additional risks as possible is what's right for me. I still love just being out. Lance doesn't help sometimes when he's telling me how smooth the water is and that it's the best riding all season!! He'll learn:)

sizzler
07-25-2007, 03:42 AM
congratulations carissa

Workin' 4 Toys
07-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Thanks everyone. I miss the water but I know in my heart avoiding as many additional risks as possible is what's right for me. I still love just being out. Lance doesn't help sometimes when he's telling me how smooth the water is and that it's the best riding all season!! He'll learn:)
That is funny. However, as you said, he'll learn.
Next year when you are out ridin' the sled and he's home feeding and diaper changing, you'll be able to tell him the trails were the best ever.;)

I recall the doctor telling my wife not to do two things. No skiing, and no rollerblading.

jlf
07-25-2007, 10:49 AM
I think winter is going to be tough too especially if we finally get a good snow fall this year. I was told I could ride snowmobile, only if the trails are in good condition and not too rough. As long as my clothes still fit, I might try some short rides around home. There will be no big trips for me this year.

Workin' 4 Toys
07-25-2007, 03:38 PM
I wouldn't chance it on the sled.

I think I read here you are about 8 weeks.
Here is a tip in case you haven't heard this already....;)
When the clothes stop fitting about 10-12 weeks, take a rubber band and tie it through the hole of the pants, and stretch it around the button, that should get you several more weeks out of the same clothes say to about 20-24 weeks.
(I've overheard MANY women talk about this trick):cool:

X2M
07-25-2007, 03:42 PM
I wouldn't chance it on the sled.

I think I read here you are about 8 weeks.
Here is a tip in case you haven't heard this already....;)
When the clothes stop fitting about 10-12 weeks, take a rubber band and tie it through the hole of the pants, and stretch it around the button, that should get you several more weeks out of the same clothes say to about 20-24 weeks.
(I've overheard MANY women talk about this trick)

WFT is giving out maternity clothing advice. Wow....a guy with many talents. Who knew?? 8p :rolleyes: :D

Workin' 4 Toys
07-25-2007, 03:48 PM
WFT is giving out maternity clothing advice. Wow....a guy with many talents. Who knew?? 8p :rolleyes: :D
Whatever............:rolleyes:

(It's all I know, but I am always willing to learn)

milkmania
07-25-2007, 04:08 PM
how'd I miss this thread:confused:

Carissa & Lance..... Conrats!!!http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Grands_Smileys/3d-casquette-applaudir.gif

Kyle's_prostar205
07-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Congrats!!! Hope all goes well!!!! Keep us updated!!!

jlf
07-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the rubber band trick, I did know that one already. I plan on giving it a try also.

I am impressed you knew that!!! Way to go.

As far the sled goes, it wouldn't be any serious riding, just some small trips around the neighborhood, that is if the clothes fit and the trails have to be smooth. I don't think the rubber band trick will work on my bibs.

I have another ultrasound on Friday. I have a spot that is bleeding from behind the placenta, the doctors have told me it's no big deal and I shouldn't worry about it, but they are keeping an eye on it. It seems to be getting smaller and healing. This will be my third ultrasound in three weeks. I will be 9 weeks on Sat.

jlf
07-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the rubber band trick, I did know that one already. I plan on giving it a try also.

As far the sled goes, it wouldn't be any serious riding, just some small trips around the neighborhood, that is if the clothes fit and the trails have to be smooth. I don't think the rubber band trick will work on my bibs.

I have another ultrasound on Friday. I have a spot that is bleeding from behind the placenta, the doctors have told me it's no big deal and I shouldn't worry about it, but they are keeping an eye on it. It seems to be getting smaller and healing. This will be my third ultrasound in three weeks. I will be 9 weeks on Sat.

tex
07-26-2007, 12:21 AM

Congrats JLF-Saturday will be 9 weeks....9 1/2 weeks is a favorite movie of mine.

Leroy
07-26-2007, 12:29 AM
March is a good time, we had two August babies and it was tough on her in the heat of the summer, much better during the winter. Our Jan baby was much easier.

Datdude
07-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Congrats!:D