PDA

View Full Version : 85 S&S hull damage

d36yzrider
07-23-2007, 10:04 PM
on Sunday I was out on Folsom lake and I hit a large rock that I did not see in the middle of the lake it wasn't marked so I had no idea anyways the 3 fins in the center are destroyed/bent the fiberglass around the fins is cracked or mashed in, the rudder is gone prop destroyed but still there and the drive shaft looks straight but the brace behind the prop is smashed a little. anyways my question is what does good fiberglass repair usually cost and can someone suggest a good repair shop in the Sacramento area. The boat is insured under my parents homeowners insurance so hopefully that helps with the repair costs.

ski_king
07-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Wow, sounds like major damage. Got any pictures?
I am not from your area, so I am no help on local shops.

I see you are in Northern CA and a granite fabricator. Do you know Rod?

d36yzrider
07-23-2007, 10:22 PM

My PC is busted right now so im unable to take pics at the moment but yeah its major but it could be worse. Im no longer in granite I now do road construction

d36yzrider
07-23-2007, 10:23 PM

My PC is busted right now so im unable to take pics at the moment but yeah its major but it could be worse. the thing that makes me mad is the ranger came by when I was off getting my truck at the other end of the lake and said I was the 5th boat that day to hit the rock and put a danger buoy out. Im no longer in granite I now do road construction