PDA

View Full Version : Is there such a thing as G.P.S. Speedo/Cruise control?

kah68
07-23-2007, 06:04 PM
Just wondering if anyone is offering a GPS Speedo and Cruise control (perfect pass) in one unit? I was thinking it would be nice to pull one air guide out and install a nice and clean unit in the factory hole and have the best of everything all in one neat package.

Kirk

Chicago190
07-23-2007, 06:10 PM
http://www.zerogps.com/

bigmac
07-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Just wondering if anyone is offering a GPS Speedo and Cruise control (perfect pass) in one unit? I was thinking it would be nice to pull one air guide out and install a nice and clean unit in the factory hole and have the best of everything all in one neat package.

Kirk

ZeroOff makes one, but AFAIK they don't make a servo. Therefore it will only work on 2005-and-later MCs that have Indmar electronic throttle control (maybe other brands too - I don't know).

Rumor has it that Perfect Pass has one coming up too - shouldn't be too much longer - and they do have a very workable servo mechanism, so retrofit any boat that will currently accept Perfect Pass should be possible with this new system. I've heard rumors that the hold up is tournament accuracy, so they're working on a system that uses both GPS and paddlewheel.

Rumors only.