PDA

View Full Version : 2006 TT197 Decals falling off

pflcjl
07-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Can someone offer me some advice/help. I have a 2006 TT197 with the large drip molded Mastercraft Decals on the side. The decals are peeling away and falling off. I already changed out two on the drivers side and now I noticed two more starting to loosen on the passenger side. The boat is kept on a lift most of the time and we are very careful docking the boat?

Has anyone else had similar issues with the TT boats? Any advice? Are these covered under warranty? Thanks for your help.

TMCNo1
07-23-2007, 09:59 AM
I would hope if you bought the boat new and it is still under warranty, that the dealer would look out for you and get a replacement set of decals, remove the old ones, properly clean the gelcoat prior to application and install the new set for you, or at least get you a set so you can do the DIY thing.

ski_king
07-23-2007, 10:30 AM
In my opinion, I think the 2006 TT would look great with the mid 80's logo and maybe matching stars. You can get the whole set for about $100. But thats just my thoughts.

Jorski
07-23-2007, 11:30 AM
My buddy's brand new 2006 X7, that he just put in the water three weeks ago (for the first time) has the same problem. The Mastercraft drip molded logos are falling off letter by letter.

It is now a MASTE_C_AFT. The M is about to go next, we kid him relentlessly in a way similar to a famous Seinfeld episode where Kramer gets the wrong licence plates!

MYMC
07-23-2007, 11:51 AM
Not sure what is causing this, thought it was more mold maitainance...meaning more mold wax. But I have seen the decals actually sperate and leave the silver behind.

It is a warranty issue.

pflcjl
07-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the info

2RLAKE
07-23-2007, 10:54 PM
I had an '02 TT and had a similar issue and it was usually the just the first couple of letters that would disbond .... removed them and cleaned the gelcoat well with acetone then washed it and reapplied the decals ... did not come off after that

Ryan
07-24-2007, 10:58 AM
I had an '02 TT and had a similar issue and it was usually the just the first couple of letters that would disbond .... removed them and cleaned the gelcoat well with acetone then washed it and reapplied the decals ... did not come off after that

2RLAKE > Did you apply a new adhesive?

PFLCJL >> If they are all still there and some corners are coming off, I'd just put a little dab of clear marine silicone caulking behind them.

Sodar
07-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Not sure what is causing this, thought it was more mold maitainance...meaning more mold wax. But I have seen the decals actually sperate and leave the silver behind.

It is a warranty issue.

They are currently being covered by my warranty too. The "e" is falling off.