PDA

View Full Version : Autographs

Prostar in Michigain
07-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Did a search on this and didnt find anything of the sort. I was just wondering if anyone had any good autographs from any famous people. I got wayne gretzkys on a puck that im waiting to sell on ebay.

ProTour X9
07-22-2007, 10:13 PM
Mike Seipel, Sammy Duvall, ugh I'll have to look around, but those are for sure.

EDIT: Robin Roberts.........

h2oskifreak
07-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Bob Lapoint on a Mastercraft Ski, Lapoint poster

Maristar210
07-22-2007, 10:31 PM
Mickey Mantle, Jack Nicholson, Gary Player, Sammy Sosa, Richard Petty. Steve Yzerman, Bob Probert just to name a few....

I had Barry Bonds and burned it :D

Prostar in Michigain
07-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Maristar you got stevie Ys man thats nice what did he sign???

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Famous??? Well...they had the potential of being until the Browns' coaching staff screwed it up. I have Jim Pyne, Cleveland Browns #1 expansion draft pick, and Tim Couch, Cleveland's #1 college draft pick, signatures on a single Cleveland Browns' hat from training camp when the Browns first came back into the league. Even have the picture of me getting the hat signed by Tim C.

Cleveland sure did screw up his career. Sorry Timmy C. :(

dmayer84
07-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Collin Wright and Greg Nelson. I have Parks Bonifay's X-Games pass. I should have gotten Ben Greenwoods when I had the chance before he went pro.

SDAhockey21
07-23-2007, 12:01 AM
I Have Ray Bourque's Sig

SDAhockey21
07-23-2007, 12:02 AM
What position do you play Prostar In Michigain??

tex
07-23-2007, 01:41 AM
A guy named Doug....He's been in Star magazine. You know....it used to be a magazine that we all got!

h2oskifreak
07-23-2007, 10:01 AM
The man... Dale Earnhart

sizzler
07-23-2007, 10:12 AM
sean connery on a signed gold DVD of "never say never again."...

atlfootr
07-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Nice one Sizzle ...

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-23-2007, 10:19 AM
I got Hoosier Bob's autograph on my left cheek, and I had it tattood so it would stay forever. ;)

sizzler
07-23-2007, 10:26 AM
Nice one Sizzle ...

thanks.....i was at charity auction.......a bit drunk.......should get to my level in the next 50yrs or so:rolleyes:

i paid a pretty penny for it i can tell you.......all for a good cause

atlfootr
07-23-2007, 10:48 AM
thanks.....i was at charity auction
i paid a pretty penny for it i can tell you.......all for a good causeSo, I guess "he" wasn't there or was "he"?

SkiDog
07-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Greg Allman, Dickey Betts, Chuck Levelle, Kyle Petty, Herschel Walker, Steve Park, Peter Fonda, George Bush Sr., Raymond Floyd, Davis Love III, Griffin Bell, Meagan Major, Fred Couples, Paul Mitchell, And the entire 1968 Chicago Bears football team, including Gale Sayers, Brian Picilo, & Dick Butkus.

atlfootr
07-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Greg Allman, Dickey Betts, Chuck Levelle, Kyle Petty, Herschel Walker, Steve Park, Peter Fonda, George Bush Sr., Raymond Floyd, Davis Love III, Griffin Bell, Meagan Major, Fred Couples, Paul Mitchell, And the entire 1968 Chicago Bears football team, including Gale Sayers, Brian Picilo, & Dick Butkus.Two of my favorite people ....
:worthy: :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Sodar
07-23-2007, 11:09 AM
sean connery on a signed gold DVD of "never say never again."...

I have Sean Connery, Alec Baldwin, Sam Niel, James Earl Jones and the rest of the Cast from the movie, the Hunt for Red October. I also had my Happy Meal box sign by Sean Connery, when I got to have lunch with him on my dad's boat while they were filming the ocean going scenes for the movie off the Port of Los Angeles.

Sports stars, I have summer pretty cool one's.

For Surfers, I have Sunny Garcia, Kelly Slater, Andy Irons, Bruce Irons and Corky Carrol, Robert August and Bruce Brown.

I had Tony Hawk sign my Tony Hawk Skate shoe! :D

For wakeboarders, I got Dallas Friday, both Bonifay's, Byerly and Danny Harf while they were at the X-Games in Long Beach.

My most prized autograph is my USC Trojan Football, signed by Matt Lienart, Reggie Bush and the rest of the big wigs of the 2004 National Championship Team!! :cool:

Maristar210
07-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Maristar you got stevie Ys man thats nice what did he sign???

8 x 10 .

Prostar in Michigain
07-23-2007, 11:27 AM
SDA hockey i play center for team illinois U16 midget minor

sizzler
07-23-2007, 11:47 AM
So, I guess "he" wasn't there or was "he"?

he was there in 'spirit' only.........:D

TMCNo1
07-23-2007, 11:59 AM
I got the autograph of the Roadrunners buddy, the Coyote, on a Acme Rocket!:eek:

chudson
07-23-2007, 12:24 PM
I've got the posters of Bob and Kris LaPoint that MasterCraft sold many years ago, does anyone know how I could get them signed???

pq2
07-23-2007, 12:29 PM
my ski is signed by the HO Syndicate Team, Wade Cox, Chris Parrish, Will Asher and also by Andy Maple

tex
07-23-2007, 12:30 PM
I just don't get into the authograph thing. We have some, Roger, Troy, we have a ball that has Roger and Drew Pearson's(should be in Hall of Fame). When I meet someone famous. I just try to treat them like a normal person.

Harvey
07-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Mickey Mantle, Jack Nicholson, Gary Player, Sammy Sosa, Richard Petty. Steve Yzerman, Bob Probert just to name a few....

I had Barry Bonds and burned it :D

I will raise you a Jim Sundberg, Jose Canseco, George Brett, Ricki Henderson, Bobby Witt, and Nolan Ryan. And I would have burned the Barry Bonds too!

River Rat
07-23-2007, 01:56 PM
I donít get into the autograph thing much either but I do have a baseball sighed by the entire 1999 Texas Rangers Angleton Little league team I coached that won our league championship. I am rather proud of that:)

tex
07-23-2007, 01:58 PM
I donít get into the autograph thing much either but I do have a baseball sighed by the entire 1999 Texas Rangers Angleton Little league team I coached that won our league championship. I am rather proud of that:)
That's the best one on this list!

07-23-2007, 02:40 PM
actually I do have a few autographs. for real!

I have a guitar autographed by Ozzy Osbourne, Geezer Butler, Randy Castillo, and whoever played guitar for him during the mid 90's non Zakk years. I bought the guitar from a friend that met them backstage and had his guitar signed. the autographs arent a big deal for me. they will eventually rub off, and its no big deal. I bought it for what it was, not for who signed it.

My Mesa Boogie Road King was signed by Randall Smith (founder & owner, of Mesa Boogie and still head R & D guy) on the chassis. I had the first thermal problem with it, and he personally got involved in the diagnosis & repair, and he installed a cooling fan on it to solve the thermal problems. it was a new model, and I was the first amp to have a cooling fan on it(they later changed production & all were built like my amp), and he signed it "special for Don, by Randall Smith"

I also have Bob Hoover's autograph (pilot) Met him when I was a child with my dad a few times at air shows. heckuva nice guy!

I met George Carlin and never asked for his autograph, but I made him laugh! that was a memory I will never forget! way better than an autograph.

Ticket for George Carlin concert: $30
Hotel Room : $100
gas : $25
food : $50

Making one of the greatest comedians in history laugh: priceless

tex
07-23-2007, 02:49 PM
I have a story like that. Back when I was skiing I was working a boat show in Fort Worth. The show was not open and a big cowboy walked into our booth. None of the boat guys wanted to talk to him. I went over and discovered that the big cowboy was Randy White. I never let called him by name. I just stood around and talked skiing/fishing with him for about 20 minutes. He walked off and yelled back at me like he forgot something. He walked back up and said, Hey I forgot to say, nice meeting you and great talking with you. Better than an autograph and that's why you treat them like normal people!

h2oskifreak
07-23-2007, 03:14 PM
SawEric Clapton in the men's room at the Mirage many years ago. He looked rough, it wasn't too far from his son's tragedy. I didn't say anything; even though he is a god, to me. There is a time and a place.

ProTour X9
07-23-2007, 03:29 PM

chudson
07-23-2007, 03:35 PM
My wife and I rode an elevator with Bonnie Raitt up in a hotel in a northern suburb of Chicago, alls I remember is getting on and seeing this lady with a minky looking coat and these half shaded sunglasses and and she was holding a little ankle bitter and I thought "I didn't think they allowed pets here". We all got off at the main floor and went seperate directions, and about 30 seconds later I relized who she was and stopped my wife and told her who she was. I boinked myself in the head with my fist and went on. I have a bunch of her cd's. Oh well!!!

Naste Craft
07-23-2007, 03:38 PM
I have a bunch of baseballs....
Randy Johnson
Rod Carew
Tony Gwynn
Tommy Lasorda
Sparky Anderson

Just to name a few

chudson
07-23-2007, 03:38 PM

That's a great bunch of pictures!!!

07-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Great stories!!! keep em rolling!!

:popcorn:

07-23-2007, 04:25 PM
SawEric Clapton in the men's room at the Mirage many years ago. He looked rough, it wasn't too far from his son's tragedy. I didn't say anything; even though he is a god, to me. There is a time and a place.
Yea, thats not the place for sure. "Excuse me Mr. Clapton, but would you mind signing my toilet paper while your taking a ____??" :uglyhamme

chudson
07-23-2007, 05:03 PM
I almost forgot that I had met the best of all the Tarzans (http://www.tplm.com/wav/tarzan1.wav), Johnny Weismuller! I was 8 or 9 and it had been advertized that he would be at at local mobile home sales lot signing autographs (1962 or 63) and my sisters took me by and I got a picture autographed which I have no idea where that is. But I do remember thinking how cool it was to meet Tarzan and looking back on it now really feeling sorry for him, wearing the clothes that he wore in the Jungle Jim movies and signing at a crummy mobile home sales lot. Just wasn't were he should have ended up!

dapicatti
07-23-2007, 09:53 PM
We just got back from the PWT in Portland, OR, where we got Meaghan Major's autograph in person. My 14 year old nephew was in heaven!

dapicatti
07-23-2007, 09:56 PM
We got the entire MC team that was in attendance- Zane Schwenk- what a guy! Rusty Malinoski, Andrew Adkison, Shane Bonifay, Parks Bonifay, Meaghan of course, Laura Lohman, Derek Grasman. Great Poster this year of the team. All of the athletes were incredibly nice to us.

dapicatti
07-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Plus the Hyperlite team, CWB team, Ronix team- we stood in line for all of them with my nephew. He couldn't stop smiling.

jaysus
07-23-2007, 10:08 PM
I was in the music business for years, and I wasn't doing the autograph thing, until I came up with an idea for a bar and to have all of the signed things laminated into a bar I will open in the future. So I started collecting... Hundreds of bands/artists and equipment from the Smashing Pumking to U2's set lists signed.

My favorite is a sports one "Bostons Greatest Moments" that I won during a charity auction. 3 Pics in one frame, all with plaques denoting the dates and players. Bobby Orr's goal, Adam Vinatieri's kick (snow bowl), Carlton Fisks homerun, all signed by the players in one huge frame.

Also won David Ortiz's bat that night, signed. Have taken it out once, to make sure it was real.

ProTour X9
07-23-2007, 10:31 PM
My friends wakeboarded with Derek Grasman, a clinic, they both got him to autograph their boards. But just being with him has made them soooo much better (than I definitely).

Kaser
07-24-2007, 03:57 AM
larry the cable guys! woot!! :)

SDAhockey21
07-24-2007, 04:04 AM
SDA hockey i play center for team illinois U16 midget minor

HEHE Left Wing for me.....But I fell out of the loop when we moved to FL.. . Then i took up wakeboarding:D

Thrall
07-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Not in to autographs much myself, but got a killer opprotunity in '01 right after the Av's won the cup.
We were working right behind the Pepsi Centre in Denver when the A'v were lining up for thier victory parade. No public allowed, but we (the construction crew) got to mingle w/ the whole team for about an hour.
Seeing as my boss is canadian, he didnt mind.
No time to go home and get a hockey stick to sign, so I got my hardhat signed by Joe Sakic, Patrick Roy, Ray Borque, Peter Forsberg, and most of the rest of the team. Vey cool experience to say the least!

M-Funf
07-24-2007, 03:07 PM
I took this picture in '79. I saw him at my local last year, ran home, brought it back and asked him to sign it for me...

When he saw it, he says: "whoa, red jumpsuit...must have been about 1979, right?"

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid207/pec0f61028633a29d7d615470a2096952/eec1e099.jpg

M-Funf
07-24-2007, 03:08 PM
I also got an autograph from Charles Schultz at the local ice arena (his place) when I was about 10 years old. Unfortunately, it ended up in my sisters hands, and she crumpled it up and threw it on the floor...

G-man
07-24-2007, 05:00 PM
I have Rob Shirley, Sammy Duvall and Kris LaPoint signature on the limted edition Mastercraft Poster 25th anniversary

My dog, Buster has senator Mo Udall and Burt Parks

georgea0731
07-25-2007, 10:06 PM
My wife laughs at a ski buoy I had Wade Cox sign at an Atlanta reunion, but that's all I could find. We got a few MC team members to sign a MC t-shirt at the last factory reunion.

TMCNo1
07-25-2007, 11:16 PM
I have a toilet seat, autographed by Homer Simpson! Sorry Gene, I just lost control of my emotions!

jdl xstar
02-05-2013, 03:34 PM
I didn't want to make a new thread over this and figured this thread was as good as any... Last thursday i was in the Delta Sky lounge in Atlanta and had a few words with Rusty Malinoski. He was unmistakable with his tats and mohawk among folks mostly in suits. He was heading to some event in So Cal. He was very nice and wasn't bothered that i just introduced myself as a fan. No autograph (which I couldn't care less about) but it was cool to have a quick chat with the bone crusher!

Ski-me
02-05-2013, 04:10 PM
John Wayne and I as a little kid in the Parade...... :cool: I do have a letter from him as well. He was an awesome guy!

(sorry, scanned from picture frame awhile back and don't know how to rotate it).

ahhudgins
02-05-2013, 05:29 PM
My wife has one of Tony Schumacher, which is the only reason she even wants to go to the NHRA races every year.
Many (many) moons ago I went to a barefoot clinic given by Zenon Bilas. The only reason I kept the photo was because the girl on his back is wearing a thong.:D Her arm shadow is blocking the view and it's even worse after scanning it.

stuie
02-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Pic of me getting Dale Sr. and Jr's. autographs winter 2000 just prior to the accident. Nice to have photo to back up authenticity.

TN Barefooter
02-05-2013, 06:55 PM
I got Royce Gracie's autograph and was also choked out by him. Priceless!

orbeamlb
02-05-2013, 10:48 PM
Tony Dorsett signed football and a Randy "Manster" White photo.

onejdgreen
02-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Bob Feller's on a baseball, Nolan Ryan's on a card, Bo Jackson's on a bat, Joe Montana's on the cover of a Beckett (Who remembers those?), Adrian Peterson's on a football and an 8 x 10, Patrick Ewing on a basketball, Cael Sanderson, Chris LeDoux, and just about every Iowa State basketball player's from the late 80s until the early 2000s.

davidstan
02-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Several Henry Aaron autographs, Dale Murphy bat, 1987 Falcons whole team, Nique Wilkens auto shoe, Atl Hawks 1988 whole team ball Doc Rivers etc. Jimmy Carter on a ski trophy my wife won in a downhill event he was at (we didnt ask he offered to sign it at his "ski event" in Crested Butte), Whole team 1987 1988 Braves baseball with Skip Carey, Pete Van Wieran, EJ. Pee Wee Reese on a napkin. Most of this collecting dust in the basement. My favorite is the team ball we signed when we won the Little League city championship in 1968 :) and a no hitter ball my catcher gave me in 1974 in high school. Brag book over. ;)

oxberger
02-06-2013, 05:58 PM
My brother has Muhammmad Ali on the picture of him beating Joe Frazier he also has the picture of Mickey Mantle and Joe DiMaggio in the dugout together signed by them. Both are really cool. He has others, but those two are his best. I have a sh*t stained shirt signed by Zak Wylde.

TN Barefooter
02-06-2013, 08:34 PM
I have a sh*t stained shirt signed by Zak Wylde.[/QUOTE]
I just spit out my coke laughing when I read this post, too funny!

TN Barefooter
02-06-2013, 08:36 PM
My brother has Muhammmad Ali on the picture of him beating Joe Frazier he also has the picture of Mickey Mantle and Joe DiMaggio in the dugout together signed by them. Both are really cool. He has others, but those two are his best. I have a sh*t stained shirt signed by Zak Wylde.
That last line made me spit out my coke for laughing out loud.

sully
02-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Got reprint of the Charles Lindbergh route map to Paris with his autograph and a few notes about the flight.

milkmania
02-06-2013, 10:01 PM
John Wayne and I as a little kid in the Parade...... :cool: I do have a letter from him as well. He was an awesome guy!

(sorry, scanned from picture frame awhile back and don't know how to rotate it).

fixed it for ya, really cool pic!

ski/hunt
02-07-2013, 12:09 AM
The only one I have----
Right after the first "Rocky" I was at the age that I believed I was going to be him "when I grew up". In my fathers "before kids" life he played keyboards in a band and one of the other fellas was/is buddy's with Sly....

onejdgreen
02-08-2013, 09:34 AM
fixed it for ya, really cool pic!

That is AWESOME!!! He was a great man and a hero of mine, as I am sure he was/is to many others.

Ski-me
02-08-2013, 10:32 AM
That is AWESOME!!! He was a great man and a hero of mine, as I am sure he was/is to many others.

Yea, he was such a humble guy and very generous. He was there (Cody, WY) for the Winchester Museum opening and I met him during a party. After watching all of his movies, I remembered (as a kid) he always seem to drink out of a flask. So, when I met him, I said, "Don't worry Mr Wayne, we have plenty of Whiskey!"

I guess he thought that was funny so he later asked if I wanted to be in the 4th of July parade with him the next day. I had breakfast with him and his daughter, and then went in the parade. Just a great memory for sure! :D

onejdgreen
02-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Yea, he was such a humble guy and very generous. He was there (Cody, WY) for the Winchester Museum opening and I met him during a party. After watching all of his movies, I remembered (as a kid) he always seem to drink out of a flask. So, when I met him, I said, "Don't worry Mr Wayne, we have plenty of Whiskey!"

I guess he thought that was funny so he later asked if I wanted to be in the 4th of July parade with him the next day. I had breakfast with him and his daughter, and then went in the parade. Just a great memory for sure! :D

That is a great memory! Born in the great state of IOWA! In high school we had to write a 10 page paper in history class about a great American. I picked the Duke and ended up writing a 30 page paper! Extremely jealous of your memory...

Ski-me
02-08-2013, 02:00 PM
That is a great memory! Born in the great state of IOWA! In high school we had to write a 10 page paper in history class about a great American. I picked the Duke and ended up writing a 30 page paper! Extremely jealous of your memory...

I'll give you just a little more.....

At the party, it was a "self serve" cook your own steak on a big ol' BBQ pit. Well, I decided I should go ahead and make Mr. Wayne a steak. I slapped it on for, what I thought, was a decent amount of cooking time, flipped it, and then dropped it on a plate. I then served this "amazingly looking plate" to him. He very graciously accepted.

I later found out that he commented, "if the steak were any more rare, it would of stood up and walked off his plate!" I guess I wasn't the cook I thought I was at age (8???) :o

eurosysytem0
02-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Some oldies for you
Ben Lyon and Bebe Daniels, Bob Hope, Frank Whittle (inventor of Jet Engine), King Edward Vth
English, Indian and Australian Test Cricket Teams in the 50s, Wimbledon Tennis Players in 50s, Inventor of the Tank + loads more oldies. Needless to say they were my dads.

jeffbare
02-08-2013, 04:53 PM
I have a football signed by the 1986 Chicago Bears, including the great Walter Payton, and a 75th Anniversary fo Naval Aviation picture with the following autographs:

George H. Bush LTJG, USNR, TBM AVENGER
John H. Glenn, Jr. COL, USMC, FRIENDSHIP 7
Jeremiah Denton, RADM, USN, A6 INTRUDER
Joseph J. Foss, LCOL, USMC, F4F WILDCAT
Thomas H. Moorer, ADM, USN, PBY CATALINA
James Bond Stockdale, VADM,USN, F8 CRUSADER
Alan B. Shepard, Jr., RADM, USN, APOLLO 13 "ANTARES"
David McCampbell, CAPT, USN, F6 HELLCAT
Gregory "Pappy" Boyington, COL, USMC, F4U CORSAIR
Gene Cernan, CAPT, USN, Apollo 17 "Challenger"
Clyde E. Lassen, CDR, USN, H2 SEASPRITE
Randall "Duke" Cunningham,

JohnE
02-08-2013, 06:34 PM
I never understood the concept of an autograph. It means nothing to me. Not trying to come of as confrontational, I just really don't get it. Stranger signs object and possibly addresses it you and it's valuable or sentimental.