View Full Version : 79 Stars and Stripes Ski Pylon

07-22-2007, 11:34 AM
I need some help understanding how to find and install a ski pylon for my SS. When I bought the boat it had a wakeboard tower. The ski pylon was missing and the hole for it is covered by a steel plate. When I took the plate off their is a steel round hole under it.

Does anyone know where I can get a ski pylon? Are they standard sizes or is it cutom for this boat? Is their a way they attach in the hole or do they just sit in there?


Dan K
07-22-2007, 04:18 PM
They mount in the bracket with set screws, three on top and three on the bottom if I recall correctly. Not sure where to locate one though, especially if you want one that is correct style for earlier boats.

Mark B
07-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Some of the older models had u clamps (like on a muffler) that you tightened up through the bilge pump access hole. I, as well, don't know where you would find one.

07-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Marine Hardware makes ski pylons. They are 2 7/16" diameter IIRC.

You can find them on their website and in their catalog.


07-25-2007, 02:52 PM
Most all MC pylons are interchangable and except for some lengths are universal according to MC Parts/Customer Service. They know the proper length for your '79 and if your dealer calls for a pylon for your boat they can send the dealer one, even if it is too long and has to be cut off to fit.

07-25-2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. This has been very helpful and i will now proceed with the above suggestions.