PDA

View Full Version : Can somone tell me how to work Mastercraft Cruise control?

DLM
07-21-2007, 02:47 PM
I have Mastercraft Cruise control installed on my 2005 X2 but have never used it. I decided to try it this weekend but can't get it to engage. My owners manual does not have any instructions for this feature. Can somone tell me how to operate it? Thanks for your help....

corey
07-21-2007, 04:54 PM
With your boat in nuetral press the speed button (middle switch on the top) Next press the On button. From there use the up and down button to find your desired speed.

When driving you need to give the boat enough throttle so that the boat would accelerate beyond your preset speed. The boat will slightly overshoot the target speed and then back down.

Pulling back on the throttle will disengage the system.

RPM mode works the same, but I prefer the speed mode myself. Good luck!

duckguy
07-21-2007, 04:55 PM
The best way is to go down to your dealer write them a check for $1000 and have PP intsalled

ProTour X9
07-21-2007, 05:21 PM
The best way is to go down to your dealer write them a check for $1000 and have PP intsalled

The best is always the most expensive. But it is the best and sometimes I wish I had it. A few K won't hurt you though:D :cool:

atlfootr
07-21-2007, 06:26 PM
MasterCraft has a cruise control ?

vogelm1
07-21-2007, 06:52 PM
When turning it on, be sure you have the ignition turned on or the engine running...you'll also need to push and hold the "On" button in until it shows "Speed Lock" and flashes in your RPM gauge's LCD readout.

ProTour X9
07-21-2007, 07:04 PM
MasterCraft has a cruise control ?

Amazing enough I know!!! Yes they do.

SoCalBrew
08-20-2007, 09:10 PM
I have been able to make cruise control work great in manual mode... have the middle rocker switch set to manual, and then when up to speed... hold down the on switch until you see lock. then, you can adjust speed by increments of 20 rpms up or down with the plus and minus button. This works really great for open skiing. BUT, just remember that you need to turn the cruise off before trying to plain again... otherwise you will be limited to the last rpm you set.

--

I'm still having problems getting the MPH and RPM cruise to work... it doesn't seem to engage most of the time... and the idea of overshooting... yikes, people flip out when the are going too fast... even for a few seconds. I seem to get the message that the cruise is locked a lot... but it is not really - and when I adjust the speed up and down with the plus and minus... then, nothing happens. Any ideas from anyone?

Tom

Leroy
08-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Even Perfect Pass will overshoot until you learn how to match the speed.

What does everyone think of Mastercraft cruise control? Seems like it might be too hard to use.

endl
08-20-2007, 10:12 PM
I hated the MC cruise.....call PP you can install yourself. Easy as 123 plug and play.

endl
08-20-2007, 10:15 PM
I had to adjust my KDN and NN to compensate for boat weight and ballast......stays close now.

BumbleX
08-20-2007, 10:58 PM
When we demo'd mc cruise before i bought my boat the dealer told me you have to get past the set cruise speed within two minutes of setting the cruise... then you can use the controller to adjust it. If you go beyond 2 mins it wont engage. (thats what im told anyway)

dapicatti
08-21-2007, 12:08 AM
We use ours every weekend...and there are many times I am ready to write the check for PP. I wish it was included standard, I would have gladly paid more at the time. Now, many upgrades later its hard to justify it. Our's doesn't disengage, overshoots by a long shot if you are not incredibly careful and sometimes remains on even after you turn off the motor and start again. When it works well, we love it. When it doesn't....you know what I mean.

ridehype4life
08-21-2007, 01:46 AM
No problems with our MC cruise here. And if you have any finesse at all with the throttle it will only overshoot by maybe 1 mph...

jlf
08-21-2007, 09:59 AM
We found too that if you give the boat all the throttle to take off when we reach about 10-15mph we back off the throttle until we reach the desired preset speed then it only overshoots by like a mile or two an hour. Then make sure you put the throttle all the way down. We also pull back on the throttles in the corners to keep the boat from whipping the boarder around if you have to make a tighter corner or if we are pullilng a new boarder/skier, then put throttle back down when finished. We like the cruise and have had no problems with it. I can see where a course skier would want PP instead though.

bobx1
08-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Coming from an I/O with no cruise, I love our MC Cruise. Never had a problem and as others have said, learn to finesse the throttle and it will not over shoot. I use the speed setting and can adjust fine during the pull (with the +/- switch).

It will turn off when you turn the boat off. When switching riders, you have to remember that.

cbaird
08-21-2007, 01:40 PM
MC cruise is great with no ballast or little ballast. It is really terrible with a heavily weighted boat since it doesn't have any adjustments. the only other complaint is that you have to engage it everytime you turn on the key. I went PP but used MC cruise for 2 years.

wgwollet
08-21-2007, 01:44 PM
How does the PP, show the MPH? I can't show the MPH in the menu?

Chief
08-21-2007, 07:50 PM
As said just learn to feather that throttle and you will be pleased. I really like it since I'm no pro so as long as it holds the speed consistant for 1/2 mile I'm good for a fall about then.

On the other foot, when you are going to turn around ensure the throttle is at about 3/4 or wfo or you will lose your speed if you turn tight.

OhioX14
08-21-2007, 09:29 PM
I'll put my two cents in. I had Mastercraft Cruise in my X9 and now have PP Wakeboard Pro in my X14. Not only was the Mastercraft Cruise easier to use, it held the speed MUCH better than PP does in Wakeboard mode. I've played with the KDW and NN settings and it still can't hold the speed as well as MC Cruise, it looses speed in right hand turns, and the interface is not anywhere as simple and intuitive as MC Cruise. About the only thing I like is that it remembers user settings but even then if you don't hit the right buttons just to switch between users you throw yourself into setup modes.

Sorry if I threadjacked a little but I just needed to vent so far as PerfectPass is concerned.