PDA

View Full Version : 2002 x9 ballast not filling

sdlaura1
07-20-2007, 05:40 PM
I have front and rear ballast with 2 pumps mounted above the gas tank. I replaced the impellers last week to see if that was the problem. The pumps run, but do not pull water to the sacs. The interestng thing is air seems to be getting to the sacs. Do I need to replace the lines or try to seal the fittings that go to the main square plastic box (i don't know what it's called) above the gas tank? Any other ideas?? Thanks, Dave

1boarder
07-20-2007, 05:51 PM
There are two check valves in the system that allow the water to go out the sides of the boat on discharge. They must seal when the pumps pull water through the manifold. My bet would be that one of them is stuck open and it is less resistance to pull air into the pump than to pull water. Cover both discharge holes with your hands and I bet it will start pumping. Do one at a time to find out which one is stuck.

I made the assumption that the x9 ballast is designed similar to the x1.

sdlaura1
07-20-2007, 11:15 PM
Yes, thank you... the front check valve was not working and I also found a black paddle from an old impeller stuck in the inflow of the the rear pump. I'm confindent it will fill now, thanks, dave

FoggyNogginz
08-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Can you guys please tell me where these impellers are located on an X9, and where to buy them? I just bought a used X9 three weeks ago and noticed that only one of the hoses seems to be doing all of the fill/drain work...and even then I am getting LOTS of air in the rear bag. I assume this is related to the pumps & impellers. Headed out today to look for these on the boat.

Thanks!

FoggyNogginz
08-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Gentlemen...I found the impellers...but where are thesde "check valves" and how do I replace 'em??? THANKS!