PDA

View Full Version : New Job

74stars
07-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Hey all,
Sorry have not posted updates in quite a while. I have taken a new Job at Garmin as a product coordinator (cartography) here in KC. Needless to say, busy busy busy! As far as the boat goes- all the structural repairs are completed and it has been sanded to 150 grit & is now ready to spray. I finished the trailer last weekend - welded on new fenders and made some other small repairs. It is now sitting is fresh white enamel- yea- finally something is DONE!!! :) The seats are still at the upholstery shop. I decided to go with white with a very light silver/grey "wave" stripe horizontally- if that makes any sense. I figured the light colors would be a lot less likely to burn the skin. (the old metal flake blue stripes would teake the hide off ya) So, now its a matter of finding the time to finish the boat and get it back on the water... sometime before Halloween!!!!
As far as the new job goes it is a big step- My degree is in automotive service management w/ ASE cert as a wrench. After eight years away from the shop (adjusting service contract claims) it is a weird feeling to completely change careers. Bad thing about auto repair as a career- it's hard to get away from and easy to get back in. Hopefully this will be a great opportunity to save my sanity!!! Anyway, I am not able to post on the board near as often, so please don't think I fell in. I will check in every now and again. In the meanwhile take care and be good to each other:D

Chuck

pq2
07-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Congratulations Chuck, just dont forget to post some pictures of the progress of your boat. Have a great weekend!!!

chevy08bud
07-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Where do you normally ski?

74stars
07-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Hey brother,
Pomona, Clinton, Perry, usually Hillsdale (as it is so close) but since they put in the marina there, it has become the local moron pond with wallys as far as the eye can see. I actually saw some joker with a 30-some foot Fountin- dual big blocks and all, just churning up the pond like a blender. Don't forget the scores of cabin cruizers, run-abouts & smokers. It wouldn't suprise me to see the Red October show up at the ramp. Needless to say Hillsdale is reserved for mid-week only. Put in about 8 and ski till dark. I don't think the wallys know the lake is open Monday through Thursday. What a shame. How bout you?

trickskier
07-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Congratulations on your new job and best of luck!!!