PDA

View Full Version : Ohhh opinons please


kycat2007
07-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Well I have always thought I wanted a x2. I have a friend who would possibly buy my 97 200 VRS Maristar. The 97 has been a great boat and it was a steal with low 100 hours when I bought it a year ago. I think I could sell it for around $18-20 thousand.
I know of a boat kinda close that is a 2003 x2. You can see it on ebay its yellow with a buy it now price of $34750. I dont think this a bad price and the hours seem reasonable. I just cringe at spending $15-18 thousand to upgrade into a boat. I am not the biggest fan of the color scheme either as my Maristar is red blue and mainly white. Not sure how the yellow would look in years to come.

Question what would you guys do? Hold out with a boat that is clear and free. Upgrade to this boat. Continue to police the deals for the future.

Monte
07-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Well I have always thought I wanted a x2. I have a friend who would possibly buy my 97 200 VRS Maristar. The 97 has been a great boat and it was a steal with low 100 hours when I bought it a year ago. I think I could sell it for around $18-20 thousand.
I know of a boat kinda close that is a 2003 x2. You can see it on ebay its yellow with a buy it now price of $34750. I dont think this a bad price and the hours seem reasonable. I just cringe at spending $15-18 thousand to upgrade into a boat. I am not the biggest fan of the color scheme either as my Maristar is red blue and mainly white. Not sure how the yellow would look in years to come.

Question what would you guys do? Hold out with a boat that is clear and free. Upgrade to this boat. Continue to police the deals for the future.

If you don't like the color, I'd keep looking.. What are you going to do when you decide to buy a new rig to pull it with??


Just my opinion...:cool:

bigmac
07-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Well I have always thought I wanted a x2. I have a friend who would possibly buy my 97 200 VRS Maristar. The 97 has been a great boat and it was a steal with low 100 hours when I bought it a year ago. I think I could sell it for around $18-20 thousand.
I know of a boat kinda close that is a 2003 x2. You can see it on ebay its yellow with a buy it now price of $34750. I dont think this a bad price and the hours seem reasonable. I just cringe at spending $15-18 thousand to upgrade into a boat. I am not the biggest fan of the color scheme either as my Maristar is red blue and mainly white. Not sure how the yellow would look in years to come.

Question what would you guys do? Hold out with a boat that is clear and free. Upgrade to this boat. Continue to police the deals for the future.

I think you're too ambivalent about...a) the color...b) the cost of the difference. Consequently, this upgrade may be something that you regret later. You don't seem too pressed to make the trade to a newer immediately, so I'd wait. I'll bet the perfect boat for you comes along long before you find yourself unable to tolerate your '97 one day longer ;) .

Flatwaterfooter
07-20-2007, 11:52 AM
I would be nervous about buying it on ebay, unless you are well protected. I assume it is local and you can take it out for a test drive. If you are not sold on the colors I would hold out. Last thing you want is to look at the boat and not like the colors in a year and second guess yourself. Wait for what you want and yo will be happier.

trickskier
07-20-2007, 11:58 AM
I would not compromise.................Wait until you find the colors and price you're looking for. You'll be happier in the long run.

03 35th Anniversary
07-20-2007, 11:59 AM
My advice. Go look at and drive the boat your thinking about buying. Myself I see pics of boats I don't like, then I see the boat in person and it looks pretty good to me. As far as the yellow, I a couple of friends with yellow boats and they are not any harder to keep up than anyother color.

kycat2007
07-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the input. I was not worried about the yellow for upkeep just thought it may be something harder to sell years down the line. Probably the main thing I worried about was the thought of having a $35000 boat sitting in the garage. Should that be set aside for retirement? jk

milkmania
07-20-2007, 12:22 PM
You don't seem too pressed to make the trade to a newer immediately, so I'd wait. I'll bet the perfect boat for you comes along long before you find yourself unable to tolerate your '97 one day longer ;) .


agreed, you're not out of a boat, so it might be better to keep walking.

you'll find something you really like:twocents:

Ben
07-20-2007, 12:52 PM
My lopsided view says to keep the boat you have now. Assuming it works fine & you know its history. "Funny" colors will affect resale some, but if you hold on to something for a long time, it shouldn't be a concern IMO.

I prefer to buy quality used stuff in good shape, and keep it that way. While your '97 is older, as long as it gets the job done, it is paid for and is depreciating less year by year.

If you think a newer boat may be something you want, save the extra $$/per month you'd pay for this X-2 and collect interest rather than paying it. Then if a GREAT deal comes along, you are in better shape. Not sure how long your season is, but another thing to consider is how much you're willing to have tied up in a "seasonal" toy...

mccobmd
07-20-2007, 12:55 PM
I recently upgraded from a paid for Sea doo to a 2006 mastercraft X1. It was a 20,000 upgrade. Admittedly mastercraft is a far superior boat but you have to ask yourself what could the X2 do that your boat can't. For me it came down to wake size/shape and the tower. I couldn't get an aftermarket tower for the sea doo. I haven't regretted it yet but I did shop for a long time until I found the color combo, model and price I wanted. "It's not the deals you miss that kill you, it's the one you make. PS it was hard to write the 20,000 check.

chudson
07-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Be patient and get the boat you want!!!