PDA

View Full Version : Trampoline

dmayer84
07-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Does anyone use a trampoline at all for wakeboarding practice? I have been thinking about getting one since I dont get on the water as much as I would like. I know they also have training boards just for the trampoline

tex
07-19-2007, 10:40 PM
I used one for freestyle jumping. It helps some people a lot plus girls look cool jumping on them!

Footin
07-19-2007, 10:42 PM
plus girls look cool jumping on them!

Giddyup!!!!!!!

keith
07-20-2007, 12:54 AM
We use a 15 foot with a net, and a rope tied to a tree. We made a tramp board out of a 9 dollar wallmart skateboard, 9 dollar walmart sandles screwed to the deck, and an 8 dollar carpet thinger. It works slick!

SDAhockey21
07-20-2007, 12:56 AM
good tread, i have been thinking of geting one too

wiltok
07-20-2007, 06:52 AM
Make sure you check your homeowners policy - I guess insurance companies have a real problem with trampolines.

TMCNo1
07-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Make sure you check your homeowners policy - I guess insurance companies have a real problem with trampolines.

I hope they don't, my wife wants one for the bedroom!:D :firejump: :uglyhamme

Workin' 4 Toys
07-20-2007, 09:48 AM
good tread, i have been thinking of geting one too
I was reading in the paper the other day about how many injuries are caused in them. Mainly kids with broken arms, legs, and necks....:(
I have a 14':o and wish I didn't.....

Perhaps, I am a little to causious....I hope that's all...:o

I'd have to guess there are better ways to practice.....

Edit: I should note, I also read in the paper how many kids get hurt by papershredders and I have one of those too, and that's inside the house..

beatle78
07-20-2007, 10:56 AM
my wife is skeptical about the trampoline... are there any other dry land ways to practice wakeboarding tricks?

Up here in the winter, I was thinking about taking gymnastics..... Yes, I said gymnastics. When it comes to getting better at wakeboarding I'll try anything :)

ProTour X9
07-20-2007, 11:01 AM
yup just hook a rope on a tree (tie umps neck on one end) and try out some tricks. We use it all the time

Jkelly
07-20-2007, 11:04 AM
We have a Trampoline and have not had any problems. The insurance company does not care they are more concerned about pools than trampolines. We do have acouple of simple rules that help keep the kids safe.
1. Only two at a time more than that is when people get hurt
2. no hanging on the net.
3. no toys, hard balls, or shoes
4. if you break one of the above rules, no more trampoline for a week

endl
07-20-2007, 12:03 PM
yup just hook a rope on a tree (tie umps neck on one end) and try out some tricks. We use it all the time
so do you just create some resistance on the rope and then use the tension to try and pull yourself around and do a flip or exactly how or what do you practice?

Naste Craft
07-20-2007, 12:07 PM

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: