PDA

View Full Version : New Boat Design

chudson
07-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Alright. So the Front Runnerís complete absence of wheels means that weíre stretching the whole automotive news angle on this storyÖ but just look at this thing!

The twin-sponson boat, designed by one Joey Ruiter, looks like a cross between a pod racer and a decapitated Volkswagen Beetle. The Front Runner (which debuted earlier this month at the Grand Rapids, Michigan boat show), employs a pair of 215 horsepower jet-drive motors. In other words, an awful lot of thrust in a lightweight, water-skimming package. Whatís more, because itís rendered in aluminum, Ruiter asserts that his whole crazy contraption can be easily recycled.

While this is just a prototype, Ruiter hopes to get the Front Runner in production for around $40,000 a piece. Thatís a substantial price premium for the design over other twin-jet drive boats, but itís hard to argue with the designís chutzpah.

http://news.windingroad.com/concept-cars/holy-hull-its-the-front-runner/

thijs
07-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Sounds like another lake bound nuisance.

shepherd
07-19-2007, 01:26 PM
Whatís more, because itís rendered in aluminum, Ruiter asserts that his whole crazy contraption can be easily recycled.

In other words... when it crumples like a beer can when you hit a 2 foot wave at 70 mph, the insurance company can still get something out of it! :rolleyes:

ProTour X9
07-19-2007, 02:38 PM
I saw it in person, it didn't look all that safe. But if you had the money, why not?

chudson
07-19-2007, 02:48 PM
I don't know what it would be used for other than just to say you got one but if the rear had a snowmobile track under it'd look like an antique snowmobile!

03 35th Anniversary
07-19-2007, 02:57 PM
I don't know what it would be used for other than just to say you got one but if the rear had a snowmobile track under it'd look like an antique snowmobile!
I guess it would fit in that speed boat class. All it good for is going fast and turning gasoline into noise...........

fintek9
07-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Saw It up at the boat show the spring, very interesting machine to say the least, proto type