PDA

View Full Version : Red MC logo spare tire cover

swatguy
07-17-2007, 11:45 PM
Anybody know where I can find one of these? Or is pretty much black the only option? Anybody got one they want to get rid of?

mdthacker
07-18-2007, 07:14 AM
I am going to add a question to this thread. My 02 trailer currently does not have any spare cover at all. The trailer is red, so I would also like a cover in red or black. However, I believe my wheels are 16" and I only see covers for 14" & 15" on the Team MasterCraft website. Are covers for 16" wheels available?

TMCNo1
07-18-2007, 11:01 AM
Most any tire cover, has a size chart on the box. You need to find the tire diameter and circumference in the tire manufacturers spec. book and compare.

I have never found any retail tire covers in any color than black and white, but a upholstery shop can make you one in color for around $50 if you take them the tire/wheel to work from, then apply a MC decal.
FYI, put a 55+ gallon trash bag on the tire before you put the tire cover on the spare, so it will go on and off easy and the bag will block the black from the rubber from bleeding thru into the vinyl on anything other than black.

swatguy
07-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Thanks alot.......Black it is. thanks 4 tyhe trick never even thought about that. Thanks again to the team talk crew

TMCNo1
07-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Update................................!
For those with who could use a Gray tire cover, Overtons has some "On Sale" for 80% off at $9.99 each. Might pay to buy a couple just in case!

swatguy
07-25-2007, 06:58 PM
Sweet thanks......they grey will go much better

atlfootr
07-26-2007, 07:58 AM
FYI, put a 55+ gallon trash bag on the tire before you put the tire cover on the spare, it will then go on and off easily and the bag will block the black of the rubber from bleeding thru into the vinyl on anything other than black.Sounds like a good idea, I'm gonn'a give this a try ...
thanks TMC#1:cool:

TMCNo1
07-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Sounds like a good idea, I'm gonn'a give this a try ...
thanks TMC#1:cool:
I don't know what type of material they are made of or anything, but at $9.99 each it's hard to beat for some protection of the spare from the elements. Might make sense too, to buy them since they are cheap for the trailer tires during the off season, if you park your boat/trailer outside or during the summer when the boat is on a lift, etc and the trailer is kept outside.

swatguy
07-26-2007, 12:11 PM
WEll i went ancd checked sold out in the 15 size they were actually going for $2 on sale from 9.99 WAs so bummed. Even if the material was cheap. I could have bought 4 just replaced em for that price. Thaks for heads up

TMCNo1
07-26-2007, 01:02 PM
WEll i went ancd checked sold out in the 15 size they were actually going for $2 on sale from 9.99 WAs so bummed. Even if the material was cheap. I could have bought 4 just replaced em for that price. Thaks for heads up

$2, WOW, just went back and looked at the ad. I thought they were $2 off of $11.99 and that made them $9.99, well!

endl
07-26-2007, 01:03 PM
I am going to add a question to this thread. My 02 trailer currently does not have any spare cover at all. The trailer is red, so I would also like a cover in red or black. However, I believe my wheels are 16" and I only see covers for 14" & 15" on the Team MasterCraft website. Are covers for 16" wheels available?
I believe most single axle trailers are 15" and Tandems are 14". Unless MC did someting different for a couple of years.