PDA

View Full Version : 1998 190 S&S questions.

waterbug
07-17-2007, 01:48 PM
I am new to this site. I am looking at a '98 ProStar 190 Stars & Stripes. I haven't owned a MC in quite a few years. My last one was a barefoot 200. Then I went to a Nautique. Now coming back to MasterCraft.

What do you feel A '98 S&S in good condition with 650 hours is worth? Just looking for a ballpark range. Would $16500 be a good deal? It is in nice condition.

Is there anything I should know to look for? I am a slalom skier and barefooter...

Thanks for any input.

ski_king
07-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Check pricing on nada.com

Check this old thread for info on the 98.
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=621
The 98 has a little bit of a bad reputation.

captain planet
07-17-2007, 03:03 PM
That is the boat I own. I would check to see if it had the 99 hull upgrade (rails and rudder), if the fuel sending unit has been replaced (probably has), be sure that the valve springs had been recalled and changed (probably have been), and check the trailer frame under the port side of the boat to see if where the break line comes out of the frame it isn't buckling. Other that those few things, I couldn't tell you what else to look for. I'll leave the cosmetics up to you because I'll guarantee they have had to do something with the observer seat and the back seat where the 30th emblem used to be. I would bet a hefty amount of money they are gone already.

I have put 500 hours on my boat and have had very little work to perform.

That price seems pretty good, again depending on cosmetics. I mainly slalom and go footin' and I like my boat very much.

06197ttlq9-footer
07-17-2007, 08:16 PM
seems high, but nada will give u a good indication, because you can put in your zip and get local info. nada however does not include trailer value though.If u foot you really need to know how fast it will go. 351? powerslot?prop?

Gargamel
07-19-2007, 02:24 AM
I have not had my 98 PS 190 long (3 weeks) but I've put 20ish hrs on it and love the boat. I wakeskate and tube (kids) behind it. The LT-1 pulls great no matter what/who you have behind it. The only issue I have with it is reverse, but I'm getting the hang of it. Plus how often do I really go backward besides taking off the trailer, never.

cheers

Farmer Ted
07-19-2007, 08:14 AM
16,500 sounds like a decent price

what condition is the boat in?

does it have a blue or black engine?

get ready for all the 98 haters, I have some extra shampoo if you need it

I too would be interested to see the condition of the 30th emblems on the front and back seat, whoever designed that rode the short bus to work that day

Let's see some pics........

waterbug
07-19-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm getting more detailed pics of the interior today. I have seen the boat in person, just been a while since I've seen it. Exterior is in great shape.

I am in the market, obviously, if anyone has or knows of a 1995+ 190 for sale here in Minnesota or Wisconsin