PDA

View Full Version : Wake

Prostar in Michigain
07-16-2007, 10:35 PM
I am not a expert skier or wakeboarder but for wakeboarding i ride goofy footed which means my right foot is forward and im jumping a little. We have a prostar 190 96 and the wake is bigger on the right side and on the left side the wake rolls over. On a wakeboard when i jump my strong side is the side that rolls over. Just wondering if all the boats are like that or is there to much weight on one side. I really hope this isnt a dumb question.

dmayer84
07-16-2007, 10:36 PM
move some weight over to the other side

WESSTAR
07-16-2007, 10:57 PM
You can buy those 50lbs fatsac bricks that are great for balancing your boat.

SDAhockey21
07-17-2007, 12:40 AM
If you only have one person in the boat ( The Driver) Say he weighs 200 you need to put 200 on the passenger side of the boat so the wake evens out. Another thing you need to do is have your driver drive in strait lines. When the boat turns the wake will get all crazy on you.

SKI*MC
07-17-2007, 01:37 AM
it might also have to do with he rotation of the prop.

swatguy
07-17-2007, 01:50 AM
Def sounds like you need some weight moved around for sure. Are you using any extra ballast bags? If not try and move a cooler or something to the passenger side. But easiest solution is def get one of those fats bricks or a sac to move around.

Now that you're moving into the wakeboarding part you ride at lower speeds and the boat needs to be a little more balanced to ensure that the wake doesn't curl over. The boat is still off blance during your ski sets as well but it isn't as noticeable because the wake is much more compact and the speed helps the boat run a little more level side to side. The slower wake speds and the much more of a need for a perfectly shaped wake is exagerated in the boarding aspect (I am boarder so forgive me if that comment offended anyone :) ) I know some skiers who are pretty particular about the wake as well:D

beatle78
07-17-2007, 09:08 AM
This is the easiest tutorial to understand.

http://www.wakeworld.com/Tricklist/TrickTip029.asp

Too much weight on 1 side means a washed out wake on the opposite side.

Good luck!!!

tommcat
07-17-2007, 09:10 AM
shift weight to the side with wash. just tell someone in the boat to move over, simple as that

TMCNo1
07-17-2007, 09:18 AM
I always thought goofy footed was left foot forward??????

swatguy
07-17-2007, 11:42 PM
I did too because I ain't a goof and I ride with my right foot forward8p :D :D

Seriously though Right foot forward is Goofy and Left is regular

Prostar in Michigain
07-17-2007, 11:58 PM
Thanks guys im really excited for this weekend to board bc my dad has a buddy comin up and they r both realy big guys and my dad friends will be spotting and he is bigger so hoping to acctually get some air. Thanks for the help

beatle78
07-18-2007, 07:44 AM
hehehe, living ballast. Hopefully they eat before you head out hahaha

swatguy
07-18-2007, 12:16 PM
Have at it and enjoy. The form is the most important. You can catch air off anything with the right form. The key is not to let off the edge before you hit the wake. So if you think you are going to fast b4 you hit the wake take a smaller cut. The key is to have th most tension on the line when you are riding up the wake and stand tall. Agaiin enjoy

Maristar210
07-18-2007, 12:18 PM
I did too because I ain't a goof and I ride with my right foot forward8p :D :D

Seriously though Right foot forward is Goofy and Left is regular

I was riding goofy at 6:00 am this morning. Come to think of it I was riding bothways :D

Jerseydave
07-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Make a nice progressive cut toward the wake, building speed gradually. Your knees should be bent until you start to go up the wake, then stand tall. Your upper body should not change its position the whole time, just the bend in your knees. I would start with 60-65 feet of rope, boat speed around 20.

Hope this helps.

Prostar in Michigain
07-22-2007, 09:05 PM
THANKS TO YOU GUYS landed my first 180 i no it sounds lame but for me its pretty good. haha the living ballast sure made a difference

TMCNo1
07-22-2007, 09:23 PM
I always thought goofy footed was left foot forward??????

I stand corrected, right foot forward is goofy footed, sorry! I should have Googled it first to confirm it before I spoke.

beatle78
07-22-2007, 09:31 PM
nice Prostar in Michigain!!!

That's a huge milestone!!!!!