PDA

View Full Version : 1st time on the board

kingu
07-16-2007, 04:57 PM
I finally got Evan up on his wakeboard yesterday. We need to work on his form a little, but at least he finally tried it. Now he's hooked. He say's he's ready for a long line...I'm not sure we're there yet.

Here's a pic of Emily on the toon (just for the cuteness factor)

On a side note, I barefooted yesterday for the first time in AT LEAST 15 years. My butt cheeks hurt so bad I can't hardly sit down.

I won't post a pic of that ;)

trickskier
07-16-2007, 04:59 PM
That's Priceless..............Congratulations!!!

chudson
07-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Good Job there Dad, with the young ones and yourself!!! Way to go!!!!

:cool:

bcampbe7
07-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Way cool Evan!

Kingu, you could always throw a barefoot handle on the boom and get him used to getting pulled from the handle.

fintek9
07-16-2007, 06:52 PM
you never know king, with the right info for a kid this young it can be done on a long line!!!

tex
07-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Form looks great-Just need to get a show smile on his face. John David rides the skis all bent over but he looks great. I just love seeing kids ski! I agree, put a pig tail on the boom and work him to long line!

kingu
07-16-2007, 10:19 PM
I'll probably let him go again on the boom on Saturday, then might put a short line handle on it on Sunday. He wants to barefoot now too.

It was an awesome sight seeing his face light up when I barefooted. It's good to know the "old man" is still "cool" for just a little while longer.:(

6ballsisall
07-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Nice!!! gotta love seeing those kids on the water!!!

Slinkyredfoot
07-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Keep encouraging him dad, this is good stuff....

atlfootr
07-16-2007, 10:54 PM
I barefooted yesterday for the first time in AT LEAST 15 years. My butt cheeks hurt so bad I can't hardly sit down.;)That's what they make barefoot shorts for, last time I checked :rolleyes:

Monte
07-16-2007, 10:55 PM
Way to go kingu... Keep it up.. NOW I know I need a boom.........

kingu
07-17-2007, 09:06 AM
That's what they make barefoot shorts for, last time I checked :rolleyes:

I had a shorty barefoot suit on...may need to add shorts underneath :D

chudson
07-17-2007, 09:30 AM
kingu I ain't no expert but I wonder just from the picture if it would help to get the boom a little higher for your son to help him stand a little more upright!!! Just a thought.

atlfootr
07-17-2007, 09:36 AM
I finally got Evan up on his wakeboard yesterday. ;)Look'n good kingu, now time to lose the board and go barefoot :D

kingu
07-18-2007, 02:16 PM
kingu I ain't no expert but I wonder just from the picture if it would help to get the boom a little higher for your son to help him stand a little more upright!!! Just a thought.

Good point. He's so little, if I raise it much higher he can't grab it while in the water. I may be able to raise it a little though.

Thanks!

kingu
07-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Look'n good kingu, now time to lose the board and go barefoot :D

He wants barefoot too...that's my boy!

kingu
07-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Regarding my butt cheek...

So I'm getting in the shower this morning and happen to look at my backside in the mirror (which is something I usually avoid at all costs). Anyway, I notice this huge bruise on my arse cheek complete with red marks (busted blood vessels?). I took a picture, if I can crop it to where you really can't tell where it is, I might post it.

The odd thing is, the red marks look like the number "75". Is it an omen? A warning? A random piece of butt cheek grafitti? Am I supposed to be a NASCAR driver? Is it a partial address of the location of all my lost socks? Who knows?

03 35th Anniversary
07-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Kingu, You looking at your butt cheeks in the mirror goes right along with Rodney Carringtons Helicoptor jokes............:D 8p :D

kingu
07-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Kingu, You looking at your butt cheeks in the mirror goes right along with Rodney Carringtons Helicoptor jokes............:D 8p :D
Have you been staring in my window? :eek:

Anyway, Saturday was my first time on a wakeboard. I only crashed and burned once, but then again, I wasn't getting very fancy.

kingu
07-24-2007, 05:23 PM

So I'm getting in the shower this morning and happen to look at my backside in the mirror (which is something I usually avoid at all costs). Anyway, I notice this huge bruise on my arse cheek complete with red marks (busted blood vessels?). I took a picture, if I can crop it to where you really can't tell where it is, I might post it.

The odd thing is, the red marks look like the number "75". Is it an omen? A warning? A random piece of butt cheek grafitti? Am I supposed to be a NASCAR driver? Is it a partial address of the location of all my lost socks? Who knows?

Ladies...try to control yourselves. :rolleyes: Moderators, feel free to delete if needed :o

KnoxX2
07-24-2007, 05:54 PM
[QUOTE=kingu]Ladies...try to control yourselves. :rolleyes: Moderators, feel free to delete if needed :o

:uglyhamme :uglyhamme

TX.X-30 fan
07-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Ladies...try to control yourselves. :rolleyes: Moderators, feel free to delete if needed :o

I see the faint image of the virgin mary. :confused: ;)

chudson
07-24-2007, 06:10 PM
No Pain, No Gain. Battle Wounds, way to go!!!

I see the faint image of the virgin mary. :confused: ;)

^^^ Good One^^^

milkmania
07-24-2007, 06:17 PM

note to self.....

not a good way to start a post:rolleyes:

;)

Doug G
07-24-2007, 06:29 PM

Actually if he stood up on the boom it might help with building the handle at the hips height thingy ..

I'll probably let him go again on the boom on Saturday, then might put a short line handle on it on Sunday. He wants to barefoot now too.

It was an awesome sight seeing his face light up when I barefooted. It's good to know the "old man" is still "cool" for just a little while longer.:(

Never tried wakeboarding off a boom but, I would think that if you coach him on land a bit on how to get up and then practice that on the short line from the boom that would work pretty good. Can he flip himself over in the water with the board on if he ends up face down? If yes I would let him progress to the long line once he can getup on the short line . I don't think I would want anyone working on carving right next to the boat .

kingu
07-25-2007, 01:23 AM
note to self.....

not a good way to start a post:rolleyes:
;)

admit it...you want to touch it. :o and there's nothing wrong with that...wierdo 8p

milkmania
07-25-2007, 02:31 AM
admit it...you want to touch it. :o and there's nothing wrong with that...wierdo 8p

I knew I shouldn't have used that winking smiley:rant: